PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Crap did the round actually end? Has it ended? Did it happen yet? Did I miss it? I didn't mean to D: I just thought I'd see hwen it started or something

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Misha Collinz
Crap did the round actually end? Has it ended? Did it happen yet? Did I miss it? I didn't mean to D: I just thought I'd see hwen it started or something

The new round or contest will always start immediately after the end of the first. So using this round of GGW as an example- the previous round ended July 14th, which means the new round begun today.

Deadlines can always be found in the poll.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
TheVoiceOfCreation

As a random side-note that holds no relevance or importance whatsoever:
Why do they call those Catch it before it's gone!! Flying present things rare?
I get one like... once every visit to Gaia?

Really, I never get them?

Dangerous Enabler

Ugh, I am still super sick, though I haven't gotten a nosebleed in like 10 hours, which is something. Judgement will be to Wing soon.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
FrostedMidnight
TheVoiceOfCreation

Oh... well, they don't contain anything spectacular. Or at least I haven't ever found anything worthwhile in them. I keep telling myself I should just sell them without opening them, but the minute I do that, there's going to be something good in one of them.

Maybe the first time you ever get one, it will be a fortune. Maybe that's why you never get them.

=D

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
phantomkitsune
Ugh, I am still super sick, though I haven't gotten a nosebleed in like 10 hours, which is something. Judgement will be to Wing soon.

I want to say Oh, no! because you're sick, but I also want to say Well, that's good! because you haven't had a nosebleed in ten hours. Then again, I also want to say Bleck! because nosebleeds are awful just to look at, let alone endure.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
TheVoiceOfCreation
FrostedMidnight
TheVoiceOfCreation

Oh... well, they don't contain anything spectacular. Or at least I haven't ever found anything worthwhile in them. I keep telling myself I should just sell them without opening them, but the minute I do that, there's going to be something good in one of them.

Maybe the first time you ever get one, it will be a fortune. Maybe that's why you never get them.

=D

I've gotten one before, but it's been a long time since I got one. And I'm the same way about opening things. I'm like....hmmm, I probably should sell this, but I COULD open it.....rats! Socks again!

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
The Man With The Skeleton Face

[WARNING: Unintentional suicide, gore, psychotic breaks]

xxxxIt’s nearly 12 A.M by the time I get home and I feel more tired and fatigued than I ever have. I know tonight isn’t going to be a good night because I’ve seen flashes of you in the reflections of the train cars windows, and brief flashes in the bathroom mirror. You, the man with the skeleton face; always taunting me with the way you stare at me without making a sound. It’s the way you look at me that really gets under my skin… All I wanted was a night out with my friends at a bar, but you couldn’t even give me that could you? I had to depart early because I felt that you were coming…

xxxxYou look like me but where my eyes are brown yours are a stark, eerie white. Where my face is clean yours is painted like that of a skeleton; something that shouldn’t be scary to me but there’s something so sinister about you…I hate you. You used to be my only friend as a child. I thought you were so funny with your painted face and your silence. I would talk to you in the mirror for hours and you would listen to me, because you were me…but how could I ever find this funny? How could I ever find a friend in something that it is so clear to me now hates me to the core? I don’t know how I know but I know that the stares you give me are cold and unforgiving and that you somehow wish my harm.

xxxxI should have known by the time I finally staggered into the bathroom, my body sluggish and weak from alcohol and fatigue, that I would see you there in the mirror. After I struggle pee actually in the toilet and not all over the floor, I try to ignore you as I wash my hands. But you’re still there staring at me quietly; condescendingly.
“Leave me alone…” I whisper silently to what would appear thin air to anyone else. You laugh and I’m shocked; you haven’t laughed in years… I look up and you’re smiling with your silvery eyes glowing beneath that black cloak you wear. It’s almost like looking at the grim reaper, except it’s me. That laugh you give chills me to the bone as you give yet another. It’s inhuman; like two voices inside of each other, distorted and broken.
“What’s so funny?” I ask as my voice shakes in fear that I cannot control. It only makes you laugh more; you know…
“Stop laughing!” It doesn’t work…why would it? You just laugh more.

xxxxI’m sick of it…I’m sick of your face. My heart is pounding and I feel like my life is spiraling out of control. My skin feels like it’s crawling suddenly and I scratch at my wrists and arms as though I can stop the sensation I feel there. I look down and see movement within my wrists and I almost gag. No, it’s not real just like you aren’t real.
“I will never leave,” you say and it chills me to the bone. I don’t remember the last time you’ve spoke, if you have ever spoken before. It’s just like your laugh; a distorted inhuman noise that shouldn’t even exist. I’m so ******** sick of your face. My hands are shaking as I bring them to my eyes as I try to block out your vision, but you even seem to find the inside of my brain and are there too. I scream in frustration and fear and drag my nails down the flesh of my face. I hate your ******** face, I hate…I hate my face. If your face is mine…

xxxxIt’s completely illogical but I’m not thinking logically. My nails are dug deep into my skin as I scratch and scratch but in the mirror you’re still there. Why isn’t this working? Why aren’t you gone? You continue to laugh a laugh so cold and cruel my very soul seems to freeze. It hurts…it hurts so much but I want you gone forever. I look down at my fingers as I scratch and find small maggots falling from my nails and I vomit; it’s blood and worms falling into the sink. It’s not real…not real, it’s your fault. You’re the one who’s doing this to me. Go away…go away!

xxxxI scream at you to leave me alone but the words don’t come out correctly. It’s like my lips cannot form the words…do I have them anymore? I’m sobbing and screaming; it’s a wonder my neighbors haven’t come to check on me. Are they used to the noises I’ve made? Do they even care to check on me anymore? It’s because of you…

xxxxWhen I look up at the mirror again after the laughter has stopped, you are gone…but so is my face. I do not recognize myself anymore. There is blood running down my hands and where there was once skin is now only muscle; my lips are missing as I had suspected. The pain and regret of what I had done immediately begins to set in and my vision begins to go white. Before I know it I am on the floor, my breathing shallow and ragged as I stare at as much as the floor as my vision allows. The off-white tile slowly turning red as my blood spreads and leaves my body. This is it, I think….this is where it all ends. But with one final thought in my mind I think…at least I won’t have to see you anymore.

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
To note on my entry, I noticed in the 2nd round you sent a person depression help because of their entry.

I am not in danger of actually removing my face, lol. I've never had an actual psychotic break but I have had hallucinations and they happen more frequently when I'm tired, so I tried to factor that in here.

I tried cutting down on the commas here
also hopefully I don't get banned for this. I still cut down on the gore and grossness simply because Gaia's TOS.
edit:
Also, I am not a man, but I wrote it as one because what I was inspired by is a man.

Why does any of this matter? It probably doesn't but I like to explain myself fully.
There's No Reason For This

I’m floating above the table, above my body, freebasing so hard that I’ve become a third-party, a casual observer of this trainwreck of a dinner.
My Father is telling Stella to “Put-Some-Decent-Clothes-On”, and Mother is trying to cry and swallow handfuls of Prozac at the same time, but all she’s accomplished is a light, tearful dressing on her Waldorf salad.
Stella, who will most likely be filing for divorce by morning, is throwing handfuls of ice from the champagne bucket across the table at Father, and I’m sitting to her left, feeling icy flecks that have escaped her hands land on my cheek. Mother sits across from me, still ruining a perfect salad, while I stare blankly at the cuff of my cheap Armani knock-off suit jacket, counting the loose threads.
Stella directs her cries of injustice into my right ear, but I’m so numb I can’t even begin to comprehend the hundreds of different sounds and their attached symbols, all melting together to create Stella’s, probably meaningless, speech.
I try to visualize the letters in my mind, but I get stuck on the letters ‘P’ and ‘E.
I start to giggle, and only then do I realize that I’ve been drooling these last few minutes. Not enough to be noticed by my tablemates, but just enough that I feel slightly self conscious as I hurriedly wipe the steady stream of saliva from the left-hand corner of my mouth.
The scene is coming back into focus. Distant rumblings become distinct sounds, words, a recognizable dialect. Dialect….dialect….dialect...’P’...’E’....
Stella has been calling my name. Damn. What is she saying? I have to bite my tongue to focus.
“...go to my brother’s. Raymond….Raymond are you listening?”
There’s more of that wet sobbing sound. Like a hammer hitting flesh.
Damn.
Stella is crying.
I ask her to repeat whatever it is she just said.
She slaps me, hard, and pushes her chair back out from the table, knocking over several expensive glasses in the process.
She storms out through the heavy mahogany front door, slamming it behind her. I hear a tinkling of glass.
She’s probably shattered the stained-glass panelling. I’m going to have to call Fabio to restore it.

The room is silent, except for a soft Brahms record floating in from the den. Goddamnit. I told Stella to turn the stereo off when she leaves the den.
I decide to forgive her, because she’s a stupid b***h who is too simple to know any better.
As soon as that thought enters my mind, I feel regret welling up in my lower intestine.
Actually, that might be gastric acid buildup, but if I pretend it’s regret I’ll falls asleep exactly six minutes faster tomorrow night.
Father clears his throat. I realize that I’ve once again been staring at my sleeve, silent.
Mother reaches across the table, kerchief in hand, and lays her fist upon mine.
I can feel the damp cloth through her fingers, warm, and I want to gag, audibly, but I know that will set her off once again.
Father starts to lecture me on the benefits of marriage counseling, and how it will improve my sexless married life.
He doesn’t know it’s sexless, but this feels like an appropriate time to bring it up.
“Stella hasn’t touched my p***s, hand or mouth, in almost a year.”
He grunts. Mother stops dry-heaving.
Father continues to explain the counseling process, but my mind once again wanders. I can’t tell if Father is slightly drunk or if I’m slightly deaf, because all of his words begin to sound slurred and muted, as if he had a damp washcloth placed across his face.
My eyes begin to water. It definitely wasn’t regret I was feeling in my stomach. It was the cheap Walmart-quality salmon dip I ingested three hours prior.
I run to the toilet and vomit, then pass out.
In the morning, my parents are gone, the champagne is flat, and there is a large, rather ominous manilla envelope on the counter, addressed to me by mine and Stella’s attorney.

It’s the maid’s day off, so I have to pour my own juice. A day in the glorious life of the young venture capitalist. I reflect, only briefly, on the simple nature of my job: I give money to promising young MIT graduates and pray that the company stock I receive in return will one day be worth at least twice what I paid for it.
I cut a line on the counter, and some spills on the carpet.
Instinctively, I call out for the maid.
It’s her day off.

It’s almost noon.
I decide to drive to work, and only after I arrive do I realize it’s a sunday. The parking lot is empty, except for what looks like the maintenance truck.
I glance upwards at the towering office building, and I feel overwhelmed, like an ant underfoot.
The glass-paneled giant reflects the light of what seems like one hundred thousand suns. I lower a pair of sunglasses over my eyes. I stole these ones from a K-mart downtown. The cheap plastic frame rubs uncomfortably against the already sore bridge of my nose.
These shitty tinted lenses do nothing to dull the sun’s rays. I need a bump.

Now I’m back in the car, trying to remember who will coke on a Sunday afternoon.
I flip through the address book that I keep in my glove compartment, the fluttering pages creating a slight breeze that would blow my hair back if I hadn’t already weighed it down with a combination of mousse and gel.
I find a name. Preston. Annaleigh Preston.
Kelly is a woman’s name. I don’t remember ever buying blow from a chick.
The name gets scratched out with a pen from the Ameribank on thirty-first street that I carry in my left breast-pocket, and then I search for another.
I find a Cameron Calhoun.
What a shitty name. He sells good coke though.
I think.

After turning down a number of side streets, each one as filthy and brown as the last, I find Cameron’s apartment, a defunct third-floor welfare crack den.
I step out of my car, and an overwhelming sense of self-loathing washes over me, it paints me red.
My vision is shifting.
I can hear Satan breathing in my ear.
I swallow a Prozac, and everything is okay.

I feel my feet take me up the three flights of stairs.
There’s no elevator.

I can hear the news blaring from the television behind Cameron’s door.

I knock.
And I knock.
Once.
Twice.

Waiting.

Time is money, and I’d prefer not to waste either of those, so I push the door open, surprised that a dope dealer would leave his door open for visitors.

Cameron is slumped over the back of his couch, surrounded by assorted liquor bottles and drug paraphernalia. I try to wake him, but to no avail. After shaking him hard enough, he rolls tumbles over the couch onto the floor and I see his face. I’m only a little shocked as to what I see.
Cameron is obviously dead, his purple veins making their grand reveal from beneath his ghostly skin. His mouth is filled with a foamy, blood flecked liquid, which I am half tempted to put on a brownie and give to Stella as a “hip dessert”. It reminds me of a bubblebath.

The harsh reality sets in for a moment. I realize that this could be me.
I could keel over from one bump too many, just like every other junky in this city.
Panics floods through my nervous system, and I think I might wet my pants, and then it passes.
I take another Prozac from my shirt pocket and chew it up before swallowing, letting the rough chalk-like powder settle in on my gums. The grit makes me feel alive.

And I still want coke. I’ve already come this far into town to get it, so I’m not going to leave without one gram at least.
Now I’m rummaging, pillaging, raping a dead man’s home, his castle, and I find it.
A small square cut out inside of the hall closet.
I pry it open with my weak fingernails and out comes six glorious, shrink-wrapped bags of Bolivian Marching Powder, pure as the driven snow.
My mouth begins to water, as do my eyes from the dust in the air.

The Prozac is begins to take effect, and my vision starts to warp.

Wait, this is the opposite of what should be happening.
I root around my shirt pocket for the baggie.

This aren’t Prozac.
It’s LSD.

I settle down for the trip, realizing that it’s too late to turn back.

time ceases to have any meaning and I’m floating through the building, lifted by an angel into a spacecraft, taken into the sky and all around are beautiful women serving me champagne and where’s my s**t cameron? and I’ve got it right here and don’t hold out on me again or I’ll take your tongue and my tongue feels so heavy in my mouth and why do I need this pink beast when I can just grunt like a caveman and wouldn’t that make the world a better place if we all could communicate on the same level?

Time passes, as it always has.

I’m sitting in a plane, and swiveling in my seat.
Normal planes don’t have swivel seats.
Or cocaine by the brick on a table in front of you.
I glance at my watch. It’s 6:45 PM, Monday.
There’s a man across from me, wearing an authentic Armani suit, with a gold Rolex and a $150 haircut.
He keeps calling me Cameron.
He thinks I’m Cameron.

“Cameron, you take these two bricks as a start-up gift, from me to you”

I need a ginger-ale.
I call out for the maid.

The man tells me to shut the hell up and what the ******** is up with you?

He’s pushing my duffle bag across the table to me.
I don’t remember giving him my duffle bag.

I feel out of control, like a puppet on strings, with no control of my limbs.

Something makes me take those two packages, the bricks.
I don’t want these.

I just want to do a line and watch a centipede crawl through the garden.
I want to sit in a Denny’s parking lot and snort blow until my heart explodes in a beautiful moment of absolute certainty of my place in the universe.
But it’s not my decision anymore.
The puppet must listen to the master.

I’m slipping away again, entranced by the news of WMD’s playing in the background.

The plane is gone.
I’m sitting in my car outside of a gravel refinery plant, with no sense of how I got here, or where time has taken me now.

My phone is vibrating, ringing.
It’s Stella.
I’ve been gone almost three days now.

I know that I cannot make a believable excuse to get out of the hellfire headed my way, so I pick up the phone and manage to spit out, softly, “Time flies, baby”, and I throw my phone out of the passenger side window, watching it fall deep into a gravel reclamation pit.

That divorce seems very appealing right about now.
There's No Reason For This

I’m floating above the table, above my body, freebasing so hard that I’ve become a third-party, a casual observer of this trainwreck of a dinner.
My Father is telling Stella to “Put-Some-Decent-Clothes-On”, and Mother is trying to cry and swallow handfuls of Prozac at the same time, but all she’s accomplished is a light, tearful dressing on her Waldorf salad.
Stella, who will most likely be filing for divorce by morning, is throwing handfuls of ice from the champagne bucket across the table at Father, and I’m sitting to her left, feeling icy flecks that have escaped her hands land on my cheek. Mother sits across from me, still ruining a perfect salad, while I stare blankly at the cuff of my cheap Armani knock-off suit jacket, counting the loose threads.
Stella directs her cries of injustice into my right ear, but I’m so numb I can’t even begin to comprehend the hundreds of different sounds and their attached symbols, all melting together to create Stella’s, probably meaningless, speech.
I try to visualize the letters in my mind, but I get stuck on the letters ‘P’ and ‘E.
I start to giggle, and only then do I realize that I’ve been drooling these last few minutes. Not enough to be noticed by my tablemates, but just enough that I feel slightly self conscious as I hurriedly wipe the steady stream of saliva from the left-hand corner of my mouth.
The scene is coming back into focus. Distant rumblings become distinct sounds, words, a recognizable dialect. Dialect….dialect….dialect...’P’...’E’....
Stella has been calling my name. Damn. What is she saying? I have to bite my tongue to focus.
“...go to my brother’s. Raymond….Raymond are you listening?”
There’s more of that wet sobbing sound. Like a hammer hitting flesh.
Damn.
Stella is crying.
I ask her to repeat whatever it is she just said.
She slaps me, hard, and pushes her chair back out from the table, knocking over several expensive glasses in the process.
She storms out through the heavy mahogany front door, slamming it behind her. I hear a tinkling of glass.
She’s probably shattered the stained-glass panelling. I’m going to have to call Fabio to restore it.

The room is silent, except for a soft Brahms record floating in from the den. Goddamnit. I told Stella to turn the stereo off when she leaves the den.
I decide to forgive her, because she’s a stupid b***h who is too simple to know any better.
As soon as that thought enters my mind, I feel regret welling up in my lower intestine.
Actually, that might be gastric acid buildup, but if I pretend it’s regret I’ll falls asleep exactly six minutes faster tomorrow night.
Father clears his throat. I realize that I’ve once again been staring at my sleeve, silent.
Mother reaches across the table, kerchief in hand, and lays her fist upon mine.
I can feel the damp cloth through her fingers, warm, and I want to gag, audibly, but I know that will set her off once again.
Father starts to lecture me on the benefits of marriage counseling, and how it will improve my sexless married life.
He doesn’t know it’s sexless, but this feels like an appropriate time to bring it up.
“Stella hasn’t touched my p***s, hand or mouth, in almost a year.”
He grunts. Mother stops dry-heaving.
Father continues to explain the counseling process, but my mind once again wanders. I can’t tell if Father is slightly drunk or if I’m slightly deaf, because all of his words begin to sound slurred and muted, as if he had a damp washcloth placed across his face.
My eyes begin to water. It definitely wasn’t regret I was feeling in my stomach. It was the cheap Walmart-quality salmon dip I ingested three hours prior.
I run to the toilet and vomit, then pass out.
In the morning, my parents are gone, the champagne is flat, and there is a large, rather ominous manilla envelope on the counter, addressed to me by mine and Stella’s attorney.

It’s the maid’s day off, so I have to pour my own juice. A day in the glorious life of the young venture capitalist. I reflect, only briefly, on the simple nature of my job: I give money to promising young MIT graduates and pray that the company stock I receive in return will one day be worth at least twice what I paid for it.
I cut a line on the counter, and some spills on the carpet.
Instinctively, I call out for the maid.
It’s her day off.

It’s almost noon.
I decide to drive to work, and only after I arrive do I realize it’s a sunday. The parking lot is empty, except for what looks like the maintenance truck.
I glance upwards at the towering office building, and I feel overwhelmed, like an ant underfoot.
The glass-paneled giant reflects the light of what seems like one hundred thousand suns. I lower a pair of sunglasses over my eyes. I stole these ones from a K-mart downtown. The cheap plastic frame rubs uncomfortably against the already sore bridge of my nose.
These shitty tinted lenses do nothing to dull the sun’s rays. I need a bump.

Now I’m back in the car, trying to remember who will coke on a Sunday afternoon.
I flip through the address book that I keep in my glove compartment, the fluttering pages creating a slight breeze that would blow my hair back if I hadn’t already weighed it down with a combination of mousse and gel.
I find a name. Preston. Annaleigh Preston.
Kelly is a woman’s name. I don’t remember ever buying blow from a chick.
The name gets scratched out with a pen from the Ameribank on thirty-first street that I carry in my left breast-pocket, and then I search for another.
I find a Cameron Calhoun.
What a shitty name. He sells good coke though.
I think.

After turning down a number of side streets, each one as filthy and brown as the last, I find Cameron’s apartment, a defunct third-floor welfare crack den.
I step out of my car, and an overwhelming sense of self-loathing washes over me, it paints me red.
My vision is shifting.
I can hear Satan breathing in my ear.
I swallow a Prozac, and everything is okay.

I feel my feet take me up the three flights of stairs.
There’s no elevator.

I can hear the news blaring from the television behind Cameron’s door.

I knock.
And I knock.
Once.
Twice.

Waiting.

Time is money, and I’d prefer not to waste either of those, so I push the door open, surprised that a dope dealer would leave his door open for visitors.

Cameron is slumped over the back of his couch, surrounded by assorted liquor bottles and drug paraphernalia. I try to wake him, but to no avail. After shaking him hard enough, he rolls tumbles over the couch onto the floor and I see his face. I’m only a little shocked as to what I see.
Cameron is obviously dead, his purple veins making their grand reveal from beneath his ghostly skin. His mouth is filled with a foamy, blood flecked liquid, which I am half tempted to put on a brownie and give to Stella as a “hip dessert”. It reminds me of a bubblebath.

The harsh reality sets in for a moment. I realize that this could be me.
I could keel over from one bump too many, just like every other junky in this city.
Panics floods through my nervous system, and I think I might wet my pants, and then it passes.
I take another Prozac from my shirt pocket and chew it up before swallowing, letting the rough chalk-like powder settle in on my gums. The grit makes me feel alive.

And I still want coke. I’ve already come this far into town to get it, so I’m not going to leave without one gram at least.
Now I’m rummaging, pillaging, raping a dead man’s home, his castle, and I find it.
A small square cut out inside of the hall closet.
I pry it open with my weak fingernails and out comes six glorious, shrink-wrapped bags of Bolivian Marching Powder, pure as the driven snow.
My mouth begins to water, as do my eyes from the dust in the air.

The Prozac is begins to take effect, and my vision starts to warp.

Wait, this is the opposite of what should be happening.
I root around my shirt pocket for the baggie.

This aren’t Prozac.
It’s LSD.

I settle down for the trip, realizing that it’s too late to turn back.

time ceases to have any meaning and I’m floating through the building, lifted by an angel into a spacecraft, taken into the sky and all around are beautiful women serving me champagne and where’s my s**t cameron? and I’ve got it right here and don’t hold out on me again or I’ll take your tongue and my tongue feels so heavy in my mouth and why do I need this pink beast when I can just grunt like a caveman and wouldn’t that make the world a better place if we all could communicate on the same level?

Time passes, as it always has.

I’m sitting in a plane, and swiveling in my seat.
Normal planes don’t have swivel seats.
Or cocaine by the brick on a table in front of you.
I glance at my watch. It’s 6:45 PM, Monday.
There’s a man across from me, wearing an authentic Armani suit, with a gold Rolex and a $150 haircut.
He keeps calling me Cameron.
He thinks I’m Cameron.

“Cameron, you take these two bricks as a start-up gift, from me to you”

I need a ginger-ale.
I call out for the maid.

The man tells me to shut the hell up and what the ******** is up with you?

He’s pushing my duffle bag across the table to me.
I don’t remember giving him my duffle bag.

I feel out of control, like a puppet on strings, with no control of my limbs.

Something makes me take those two packages, the bricks.
I don’t want these.

I just want to do a line and watch a centipede crawl through the garden.
I want to sit in a Denny’s parking lot and snort blow until my heart explodes in a beautiful moment of absolute certainty of my place in the universe.
But it’s not my decision anymore.
The puppet must listen to the master.

I’m slipping away again, entranced by the news of WMD’s playing in the background.

The plane is gone.
I’m sitting in my car outside of a gravel refinery plant, with no sense of how I got here, or where time has taken me now.

My phone is vibrating, ringing.
It’s Stella.
I’ve been gone almost three days now.

I know that I cannot make a believable excuse to get out of the hellfire headed my way, so I pick up the phone and manage to spit out, softly, “Time flies, baby”, and I throw my phone out of the passenger side window, watching it fall deep into a gravel reclamation pit.

That divorce seems very appealing right about now.
Yay for entries!

Hoping to have something for this round.

Also, nosebleeds and sickness and blisters = ick.

I just got one of those flying boxes the other day - but it's been so long, and Gaia has a uh, serious inflation problem, so I don't even sort of know what anything is worth these days. I got a tail? It was worth moneys. But since I don't really give a damn, I'm probably just going to clad my avi in whatever I happen to get for stuff until I look like a feral zombie trying futilely to understand the complexities of human attire.

Dangerous Enabler

Misha: Thanks for clarifying! Also you're unlikely to get banned for content pretty much ever - we have had some wild adventures before.

Also, everyone: my results sent to Wing, very belatedly. My only excuse is finals, and at least they're in before the close of the next round.
phantomkitsune
you're unlikely to get banned for content pretty much ever.

PK is right Misha. You're in writer land. Maybe don't name a thread something creepy, but you can get away with just about everything as long as it is written well enough.
Wing - you must be doing something right. I'll all jittery nerves before entering again.

but:

ENTRY

Fists aren't the only bruising agent

Word traveled that I had this open system,
obligatory barriers forgotten
more often than not.
Word was mostly true. Why,
I was bedded in barren Granite,
wasn’t that precaution enough?

You were terra incognito;
you didn’t really have time for slow-moving
streams and didn’t mind using
a little extra
aggression to invade
my dry summer shrivel.

After,
the doctors said “She’s sturdier
than she looks,” and I thought
I’d come away roughly
unscathed. No need to close
everything up for an already isolated incident.

I’d have needed proper microscopy
to see a different sort of root
shooting through my hollow venules:
extravasating cells
that should have been untouchable.

It was only when spring
rains pattered and petted toward
a new germination, that residual
bodies blossomed yellow and green,
black and blue,
tearing the very firmament I’d
always