Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I love movies just as much as I love books. I go to the movies way too often--not lately because there haven't been that many great movies--and watching a movie with me is hilarious, sometimes, because even I admit that I get too into the movie...know what I mean? I don't buy many movies, though; I think I own like twenty DVDs? It'll have to be something I really really love for me to actually go out and buy a phyisical copy of it. So yeah, I don't own many movies, not counting VHS because I do have an entire Disney collection of it and I swear I think I might even still own a Mortal Kombat copy OOOH and The Lord of the Rings, too! (Now I really want to go through my box and see.) I did buy some movies recently, but only because you have to own a copy of The Dark Crystal and Hook and they had this two for one combo thing, but I got The Dark Crystal with Labyrinth because it was a cheaper combo, and I really like Labyrinth as well.

Well, accodring to my co-worker I have a really lame taste in movies...He told me to name him my top ten and I did and then he crowned me the lame movie person. My taste is fantastic okay. cry

Also, good, then I'm not so bummed out that my phone is too lame to load it.

Shadowy Vampire

9,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Marathon 300
I see movie chat. Can I jump in and say Dark Crystal has an amazing story, and Labyrinth is well one of my personal favorite and the main reason I am a Bowie fan. No one could have played that part better in my opinion. Hook was decent, not my style but I'm more of classic Movie guy, Dune, the original Robocop, Superman, and the original Batman(all of them). Also the last guy who played the Joker still didn't beat the original actor for the Joker, came very close, but no cigar. Phantom of the Opera is also a good one in movie format, however my personal more modern favorite movie is Repo: The Genetic Opera. I had to explain it to my girlfriend and best I could do is "Take Rent, replace it's message with one about family, then mix in a post apocalyptic version of Chicago, and add a mega corporation controlling the government, and you have the very basics of it." Also if you've watched Repomen which came out a few years ago, Repo: The Gen tic Opera is the musical stage production it came from. Sorry outside of reading, writing, chatting with friends, I like to watch a lot of movies and show (Mostly online because I hate Ad's interrupting at the most inopportune times).

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I used to be madly in love with The Dark Crystal, and I still absolutely adore the movie, which is why I had to buy it. Never liked Superman much, not even the old ones, but I did enjoy most of the Batman movies. Mentioning Robocop always makes me think of the remake and how I really hated the remake of it--but I did like Repomen, actually (maybe it's because I think Jude Law is way too underappreciated and should be in more movies?), but yeah, Repo! was much greater. I haven't seen it in ages, though. Not that all remakes are bad: Tron's remake was good, but that's probably because Tron was crap to begin with and you couldn't make it any worse--not that I actually think the remake was a good movie either--sorry Tron, I only watched it because of Olivia. I love Hook, probably because I'm in love with Pan and that's not even my favourite adaption of it. The Client is also one of my all time favourites (but god I hated his Batman & Robin). I'm more of a horror film fan, like I rage about the new Nightmare on Elmstreet. I can't talk about that (Why on earth would you replace Robert Englund? Do I need to understand that?). I'm a sucker for Alfred Hitchcock movies; my Mom actually got me into all of them, like she's crazy about all the old Godzilla movies and King Kong and that's probably where my love for old movies comes from. Can I just say that Vivien Leigh was so gorgeous?

EDIT: oooooh. i hate commercials!

ANOTHER EDIT: but yeah don't trust me with movies because if you ask me what the best movie of like 2014 was I'd be all THE LEGO MOVIE in a heartbeat.

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I adore Labyrinth! There was a time when I knew the entire thing word-for-word. heart

And you're not the only one who gets too involved in movies, Yu. If you want to laugh at someone during movies, watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy with me - complete waterworks, especially during the last hour of The Return on the King. xd I think they will always be my favorite movies.

Dangerous Enabler

I got banned from picking movies in high school after I swore up and down that The Curse of the Golden Flower was amazing and that people would like it.

My favorite movie so far this year is Jupiter Ascending, and I'm planning to buy it on Amazon as soon as possible. It's just so great.

I also really loved Repo! - or, really, anything with Anthony Stewart Head.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
I loved the Lego movie too Yu, though I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out. I feel like your top ten and mine wouldn't be that dissimilar.

I've never heard of The Curse of the Golden Flower, PK. What is it about? And OMG I loved Jupiter Ascending, I'm so glad you told me to go watch it!

Repo is good too--yes, Anthony Stewart Head should always sing, he amuses me most in musicals. He has a cameo in Galavant--which if you haven't watched you need to because it's so fantastically terrible. I want there to be a second season so badly. Make everyone watch it!

Dangerous Enabler

YES, isn't Jupiter Ascending amazing? I think my favorite part is that - okay, so the noble whose throat Caine ripped out? And Balem's voice problems and affection for clothing that covers his throat? THAT is particularly cool to me.

Galavant was amazing. I hope they have a second season, too.

The Curse of the Golden Flower is Chinese, and a sort of gloriously pretty drama/tragedy with amazing costumes and bright colors.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PK! I own that movie! I found it when I bought House of flying Daggers one day and I just took it home as well because of Li Gong and how can people not like it? Also, Galavant is on my have-to-watch list as well.

Frost, yeah, I did feel a little let down by the end but I still loved it overall.

I got this thing where I have my all time favourites which rarely change and then I have recent favourites, which is just like...the best book/movie I've seen/read lately kind of thing. I had this one book that was my all time favourite for...I think like 9 years? Maybe even 10? Until I found Kafka on the Shore, then it finally got knocked down to second place.

Aris: It's okay, I don't stop crying during The Lord of the Rings either!

EDIT: Also I still haven't seen Jupiter Ascending...I was only going to see it for the costumes.

Dangerous Enabler

Awesome, Yu!

And yeah, most of my favorites are recent favorites, too, except for Robin Hood: Men In Tights, The Princess Bride, and Mulan.

And Jupiter Ascending is just, like, amazing. I am just intensely in love with it now.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Mulan! My love for Mulan is never ending!

Hm...thinking of changing my entry.

EDIT: PK, I like to think that our avatars are now in some secret assassin clan thingy. a

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PK and Yu, the mob bosses of the AGW.

Yu, you should watch Jupiter Ascending. It's so much more than the costumes. I loved the whole thing. It had all the elements of a cheesy movie but didn't feel cheesy while I was watching it.

PK, I'm the same way--I have a list of a few that never changes like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Labyrinth, but the rest just kind of cycle in and out. I will have to check out Golden Flower then, it sounds good!

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Before I go home and have no net 'cause I won't be at work tomorrow:

here, have a new entry, wing!

come ask my limbs how to be flawed

The truth is:
we wake up empty
some days, and tired on others—
still in the haze of nearly touching
the universe;
when everything becomes liquid, becomes blue and gold and black and full of—nothing.

We confuse the lack of sleep with insomnia;
only present when we are together, not apart.

So let’s go back to day one:
rewind the uncertainty.

We are not built like Hercules, dear, and we’ve been awake
for so long that pixie-dust
no longer makes us fly,
and there are bruises
underneath our eyes, stuck like soot in tailpipes,
like planets, lapsed, excuses
to our lack of living and the bills piling high by the kitchen sink and—

We don’t know how to want to fill our lungs with oxygen any longer.
In the past week, Runt had faced the fear of death thrice. Every time, that fear sunk deep into his heart, and every nerve in his body reacted to it, giving him the edge he needed to overcome death each time.

Before, the fear of death always came hand in hand with possibility. Hope, a clear chance of somehow overcoming his foe and surviving the encounter. With GP at his back, no matter the odds, he always felt like they could be overcome.

There was no hope this time.

Now a new fear was entrenched in him. This fear wasn't just in his heart, but lined his every bone, weighing each down. This fear made breathing difficult, made thinking painful, and turned every motion into a useless struggle.

(Stay awake, runt!) shouted a young girl's voice in his head.

His eyes fixated on his feet. No, his foot. Everything below the right knee had been torn off, and left on some branch somewhere.

Above him hovered the most powerful channeler his clan had ever seen. A girl one year younger than him, yet already taller than him. She pointed at a tree and some invisible, ungodly force pulled it up into air. And then with a crack, the roots were magically ripped off, turning the tree into one gigantic, hovering, sharpened spike.

The channeler, Kotra, his sister, pointed at him, motioning the massive spike to do the same, and Runt braced himself.

20 minutes earlier:

As much as he tried to relax, Runt just couldn't do it. The forest in the evening had many effects on him. When it was still sunny, it was an ocean of discovery. When the sun was setting it was a gallery of beautiful portraits. When the sun was down but light still radiated from the sky, it was time to relax and reflect on everything he'd seen that day.

Today he couldn't.

"You're sure it's this way?" asked his sister. They had only been walking for an hour and yet Kotra already seemed restless. "There hasn't been any tracks or signs for a while now, right?"

"We've been surrounded by signs this whole time." Runt made no effort to hide the irritation in his voice. "If you think we're on a wild goose chase, you can just go back."

"I don't want to." Of course she didn't. Whenever Runt wanted something, Kotra wanted the opposite. "But how can you tell? I'm not seeing anything."

(The runt is playing detective with the plants.) That was GP's childish and girly voice, simultaneously channeling into both of their heads. (The Color we follow slowly withers away every plant it passes by. Runt is checking each plant for unnatural decay and using it as a trail.)

"Oh, I see." Kotra visibly stiffened whenever she heard GP. "That's pretty clever."

(Isn't it?) Runt irritatingly glanced at the green and gold ball hovering behind his back, GP's current form. For some reason it had grown a spinning flower at its top.

Before long, they reached a massive wall of razored feverbush. It was several feet high and extended dozens of meters across.

"No choice, we have to go around," said Runt, carefully hiding his amazement at the size of the thing.

"Why? I can just move it." Kotra seemed to grab the air in front of her and a blue and white sack at her side began visibly growing green. A portion of the feverbush in front of them began to stir.

"Don't! You know how long it takes for a feverbush to get this big? We'll just walk around."

"But it's faster to just break it down." Kotra's 'grip' wasn't loosening.

(I agree. The longer we take, the more time the Color we're hunting will get ahead of us. The bodyguard should just tear it down.)

"But-"

"Bodyguard...?" said Kotra before twisting her hand like she was turning a knob. A circle of the plant wall about two meters in diameter twisted in front of them, rasping and cracking as it did. Kotra then closed her fist, magically squishing it into a ball, and let it drop to the floor.

"Why?? We could've just walked around!"

"It's just a plant, Runt."

(Yeah, runt.)

Runt was incredulous. "You know you're a plant too, right?"

(Gasp!)

"You're not fooling anyone. And you, Kotra, you're too violent."

"So what? I'm just trying to help you, shorty."

"You're not helping me! And don't call me shorty you titless barbarian."

Anger flared on Kotra's face. She waved at a tree trunk and snatched enough out of it to make a decent hitting stick, when suddenly a gold-and-brown branch sprouted from GP's seed, shaped into a spike, and pointed itself at Kotra's throat.

(Careful, bodyguard. Sister or whatnot, I'll kill anyone who would hurt him.)

GP's childish voice didn't betray any of the bloodlust she'd just shown.

Runt was shocked. "GP, stop it!"

"F-forgive me, your Grace." The strength seemed to disappear from Kotra, and the stick fell to the ground. "I didn't mean to..."

Now should be the time for some awkward silence, but a fourth voice booomed in before the silence could set: "You'll do!"

Suddenly a dark green halo appeared above Kotra's head, with brilliant yellow thorns dotting it.

"The colors of jealousy," boomed the voice above them. "My favorite colors. Yes, you'll do indeed."

Kotra's eyes closed, and the tension disappeared from her head and neck.

Runt blurted out, "What?"

(It's him. How careless of us.)

Kotra jumped and grabbed onto the tree behind her, and then up into the air above Runt, where she stayed there, hovering.

"What's going on?" asked Runt.

(It's Yeo, the Yellow. He's taken control of the bodyguard.)

The branches above them rustled and a giant yellow reptile crawled down from the treetops . It stopped a few feet above Kotra, and seemed to hiss. It's lizard head was frozen, motionless, but it's tail slithered constantly above him. At the tip of the tail was another head, that of a snake.

From it came two simple words: "Kill them."

Ten minutes later:

The giant tree-spike flew towards Runt. From his back, GP's seed glowed and sprouted a gold-and-brown branch to propel him away from it. The massive spike crashed into the tree Runt was just sitting by, thunderously splintering.

Blood trailed from Runt's stub leg as he flew to the safety of some bushes.

(There isn't enough time to heal your leg.) From her seed sprouted what seemed like bark, which wrapped itself under Runt's right knee.

"I know. Grow me a pegleg for now."

(Like the pirates?) GP seemed amused, but Runt could tell it was an act. He could almost feel the fury emanating from her seed.

"She'll find us again soon enough."

(You can't beat her.)

She was right. Kotra's incredibly destructive powers were unheard of in the history of their clan. She could rip apart an entire tree into thousands of pieces, and then use all of the splinters to rain death on everything around her. Runt feared it was only a matter of time before she did.

(Will you give up and just run?)

"She's a brat, but she's my sister. If I leave now, the Color will kill her before his control runs out."

(You don't know that. His control can be indefinite for all we know.)

"I doubt it. If he's anything like you, his energy has to run out sometime. When he does, she'll be safe and he'll be vulnerable. We'll kill him then."

(So you're just going to run around until that happens?)

Pain suddenly shot up his left arm. Before Runt knew it, a stake had stabbed right through his hand and nailed him to the ground.

Kotra was right above him.

(I've got you, b***h!) Another sharpened branch sprouted from GP and lunged right for Kotra's head.

"NO! DON'T DO IT!"

A wooden spear flew out from a nearby tree and deflected GP's jab. Then it stabbed right through GP herself.

(!!!)

"GP!"

Above him, Yeo hissed. "Poor fool. This is what you get for underestimating the Colors. Now you -uk??"

Kotra's voice was both a surprise and a relief. "N-now... Runt!"

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Each of the adults only ever told Kotra the same words.

'You're the strongest.'

'No one here young or old can compare to you.'

'Priestess Ultima reborn.'

'A gift of the gods in our time of need.'

'The village lies on your shoulders.'

'Her Grace will surely choose you.'

Kotra didn't mind it. Sure it could be stiffling, but she liked being praised and relied on. They needed her, she knew. The missions could take weeks, and the loneliness can be painful, but where would they be without her? How would the clan stand a chance against the Colors?

Her brother was different. He changed over the last few years, after she outpaced him and no longer needed his protection. He may not like it, but she was also doing it for him. To keep him alive and safe was how she would repay the years he spent raising her by himself. Then he would go back to the kind and loving brother he used to be, her perfect person. The man she...

And it wasn't as if she needed to fight her battles alone forever. Eventually, her Grace would make the sacred pact with her, and together they would be nigh invincible.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Kotra lay at the base of the tree motionless, a hole in her stomach. Yeo's snake body had been cut off and lay lifelessly a few feet away from her.

"No... no... no...!" Runt was trying to patch up the hole, but every piece of healing bark he tried to apply turned purple and fell away.

(It won't work. Yeo's poison is corrupting my bark, and I don't have enough energy to outpace the spread of the poison.)

"Ok, we'll find some antidote nearby. This is the center of the forest, we can-"

(There exists no natural plant in this world that will help against this poison.)

"Then... what?? What do we do?"

(Isn't that obvious? Let's go home. Nothing can save her now.)

"Don't... DON'T ******** WITH ME! We can't leave her! I can't!"

(There's no point in staying...)

"Wait, I know what to do! I can... I can make Kotra your host!"

(No, you can't.)

"What? Why not??"

(Because that's MY power. You can't do it on your own.)

"Okay, okay! You do it then."

(No.)

"WHY!?"

(Because I don't want to.)

"Wh...wh...?"

(Switching to her means killing you.)

"I know! It doesn't matter. I'm worthless. I thought I could take another Color by myself but I'm too weak, too slow. It's you that kills them, not me. The clan doesn't need me. They need Kotra. Do it. Save her, forget about me."

(I said no.)

"....? I... wh..."

(I don't care about her. I don't want her. Let's go home.)

Runt's mind went blank.

Kotra's eyes opened. "...Bro...?"

"Sis...? I... I'm so sorry. Because of me..."

"...you're... always in my way... I... loved you, but you... ... ..."

"I'm s... Kotra? Kotra??"

(There, she's dead. Can we go now?)

Dangerous Enabler

Yes, I am super down for the matching deadly avatars thing.

Ooh, yeah, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a delight. I loved all of the animation tricks they did.

And actually the thing I've rewatched most in the past couple years is Fringe: we've watched all five seasons three times in the last year and a half.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
I've never actually watched Fringe, But I'll have to check it out!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff