Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does your school have an anime club?

HELL YEAH!!!!! 0.46331658291457 46.3% [ 461 ]
NO!!!! T_T!!!!!!! 0.14572864321608 14.6% [ 145 ]
I WISH!!!!!!!! 0.32160804020101 32.2% [ 320 ]
THAT'S A GOOD IDEA! IM GUNNA GO START ONE! 0.069346733668342 6.9% [ 69 ]
Total Votes:[ 995 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 > >>

ok.... so i go to highschool...and i started an anime club at my school.....we're thinking of doing a bunch of fund raisers and s**t to be able to go to Akon(sp?) this summer, and yeah,.... anyways...my friend mentioned something to me that sparked my interest...a nation wide anime club that you register your schools into and s**t.......so any ideas for a club post here.....

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

so yeah.... it's actually really easy to set up a club at school....

it may not be the exact same system, but most schools are similar.

go to your AP, or assistant principals office. or just ask someone at the like main desk whatever for the club request form. get a teacher sponsor. art teachers, some social studies teachers, and usually english teachers are good to ask.... most school club request forms want a mission statement or a goal for the club... stuff like "our goal is to meet other anime fans and broaden our experience and knowledge or anime. to practice drawing and analyzing anime and seeing foreign culture as shown through anime, blah de blah de blah......" get the teacher to sign it, if you have to get the list of people saying they'll be in it, and turn it in. if you have questions for your specific school, well idk, cuz i dont go there (especially if your asking how to set up an anime club... cuz my school has one). try going to the fornt desk and asking. school people usually are helpful... just dont look like your trying to do a shoot out or something if you can help it.

teachers like the idea when you do the work for teh club instead of them.... ask them... hey, can we use your room and tv whatever for our club meeting every *fill in your schedule*... and when we need our sponsors signature, can you sign stuff.... that's what my teacher said.... she was like, "yeah, sure, as long as i dont have to really do anything...." and then she emails the radio television teacher with the announcement for the next meeting so it goes in the morning or whatever announcements.... (not that many people actually listen to them......) anyways, some schools say "you must have a minimum of X amount of people." or whatever, if you can't get allll the signatures, ask a friend, say hey, can you sign your name?" if anything, they have their name as being in a club at school, and that never hurts.
That would be way cool if my school had an anime club.
LAH Dee DAH Dee DAH... yeah, we had oen last year but it got disbanded cuz our teacher was too busy to do it again....
hey, im in high school also! a freshman, and i've just found out that they had an anime club there...so i joined...

and yes, i've heard of anime club joining...something like that before

if u wanna continue to chat about our clubs, could u PM me instead?

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
My high school DID have an anime club, but it barely even lasted a month. All the club did pretty much was watch anime the whole time. PLus, it didn't help that the president and vice-president (who were my friends) weren't even there for the first two meetings. I only went to the first three meetings before I got tired of it.
[Merry Christmas and Happy New Year]

Well i read somewhere that if you register for this thing on Funimation you can watch one free dvd or something like that.

ooh, funimation, im gonna go there then.
i started my schools anime club this year
problem is theres this one really active member...
and he wants to turn it into a hentai club >.>
does he not understand this is a HIGH SCHOOL SPONSORED CLUB?
((-.Candi._.Chocolate.-))

Well i read somewhere that if you register for this thing on Funimation you can watch one free dvd or something like that.

It's true, url http://www.operationanime.org
it's great, you get a free dvd per month for clubs with 20 mmbers or more
it's an awesome program
My school has an aime club. its been there for awhile, its quite boring. all we do is watch and evaluate anime and whatever...but i dont really know...this is my first month in it
Arya.Riona
i started my schools anime club this year
problem is theres this one really active member...
and he wants to turn it into a hentai club >.>
does he not understand this is a HIGH SCHOOL SPONSORED CLUB?
lolz...........

yeah, my club has a member like that.....

my teachjers rules are as long as she doesnt end up turning past a certain shade of red from blushing whatever we watch is w/e.

but hentai would definately pass as too deep a red color....
My high School did have an anime club but it was broken up by the teacher. But not that /i go to a University, we have an anime club but it sucks. There are 2 meetings a week, one to talk about the club and the second to watch anime.

Here's the weird part. Because we watch this on Cal State University property, we cannot watch anything that is licensed!!! I mean WTF? Do you know how many are not licensed? Barely any!!!!!! SO, I just watch anime on my own time with my friends!!! Less complicated! lol

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
My school has an anime club. Tis awesome. domokun

Invisible Exhibitionist

10,300 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
My school has an anime club
I hate my schools anime club.

They got all pissy at me for calling them "just cartoons", and speaking out against Naruto after the leader made a speech about how we should respect eachother.

Then they banned me <3.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces