Welcome to Gaia! ::

POP!

The tip of a very sharp pin came in contact with one of those silver helium filled balloons right behind her dear brother's head. In hopes to give him a heart attack, of course. But it was also to catch the attention of the crowds. Of the people, and newly enrolled students filing into the Garden. A smirk, as her hands placed on her hips. Leaning in to whisper to Xrius.

``Scaredy cat doesn't wanna give the big bad speech does he?``

Poking fun at him was her specialty. Walking up to the podium, slender finger tapped on the microphone to see if it was on. Indeed it was. Adjusting the collar of her jacket, and the chain scythe at her side, emerald hues washed over the ocean of people before lips parted to speak. Confident, and not afraid to speak in front of anyone.

``Greetings, everyone. I welcome you all to the official opening of Gambino Garden. I am your Headmistress, Zia.``

A smile, as she waited for the crowd roaring to die down before continuing with what she has to say. There was much on her mind, but she had to limit what she was going to say, in hopes of not boring anyone with idle ramble.

``To all students, I'm sure you've gotten your uniforms in the mail before arrival. You all better be wearing them. If you don't have one, please see Headmaster Xirus. He will distribute them to you.``

A pause, as she glanced at Xirus, giving him a wink before moving on.

``Once this speech is through, students please assemble at the front of the stage, so I may give you your room assignments. There, you can drop your stuff off, meet your room-mates, and freshen up for the rest of the festivities. There is a lot more to do, and to say so I think I should just allow you to get yourself situated. Once again, welcome! And to a prosperous year!``

With that, Zia bowed her head, and stepped off the podium. A snicker, as she flashed a peace sign at Xirus, taking a stack of papers from the table before hopping off the stage. She awaited for the flood of students to flock around her, so the room assigning may begin.
Fingers tightened around the case of his Gunblade as he stared up at the podium to the woman speaking, intently listening over the many murmers of the crowd. He was relieved that they had started the 'welcome, now get inside' ceremony. He had already said his goodbyes to his sisters and mother before the ferry ride, and was already set. He didn't have much luggage besides his Gunblade and the backpack that he wore on one shoulder, which carried a few articles of clothing, and some personal possessions. Moving in would be pretty easy.

Upon the ending of the welcoming by their Headmistress, he moved along with the rest of the flocking students as they clawed their way towards the stage. He stuck to the back of the crowd, so as not to end up trampled, which was logical enough. He readjusted the strap of his black bag on his shoulder and slowly stood a few yards away from the stage, behind a big sweaty mass of student flesh.

Turning, he saw people parting with family members and others standing alone in the background, acting cool. It made him smile. Just like his old school, except this one was a little more military. He already knew the standards of being a disciplined fighter. He was quite well-acquainted with two of the sort, even though he didn't want to end up like either of them. Giving an audible sigh, he looked up at the Garden once more, this time, his eyes were filled with determination.

"Let's do it."

He spoke to no one in particular, and wasn't loud enough for many to hear his words, but they meant alot to him. Zeon could show those two what he was made of, no matter what they believed. He'd come back and laugh in their faces after beating both of them with his Gunblade. One might think that he had used his weapon for a long while, when in truth, his mother had only given it to him as he boarded the ferry that would later take him to the island that the Garden stood on.

"I got you a present."

"Hurry it up, Ma, I'm about to go."

"Here. Take it."

"... This is... Thanks, Ma!"

"Be careful out there. And take care of yourself!"

That was the last time he saw her as a normal kid. He promised himself at that moment, that the next time they met, he'd be stronger. He'd have mastered his mother's gift to him, and he would show those two guys what he could do. He'd prove them both wrong about what they said to him, no matter what. Zeon could do it.
Lenore noticed she looked odd. Her wear was a short green skirt and a lavender tee. Feeling overly embarassed, she ran to Xirus like the white rabbit and shouted at him, "Ah! Sir, I don't have a uniform! I guess I didn't check my mail before I left! I did get a box, but I thought it was something else. I don't know what, but I hope you don't think I am an airhead. Anyway, I need a uniform -- I mean, look at me! I am so out of place, no wonder no one will talk to me. I am such an idiot!" Lenore took a deep breath. "Hahahaa, so uniform?"
Xirus didn’t jump; or rather he saw what was coming and refused to give her the satisfaction of seeing him start. Instead he only closed his eyes in amusement for a moment before turning those chocolate colored eyes toward her, a one-sided smirk sliding up his face. It was one of those ‘Nice try but not good enough’ looks.

As she leaned to whisper he leaned closer, propping elbows onto the table and interlacing his fingers together. Xirus’s smirk faded at last and was replaced by a slight glare, nothing too powerful but rather playful, and he motioned for her to take the podium. He turned to look back at the crowd milling around in front and while he couldn’t tell one student from the other at the moment, he zeroed in on the young lady standing alone.

He frowned behind his hands at the sight. No one should be so alone in a crowd that they didn’t know what to do with themselves. Especially not such a pretty young lady, that’s what he thought anyway. His attention was draw away from the young woman as Zia announced any students without uniform could pick on up from him. Grinning out at the sea of students he unclasped his hands and gave a small wave.

He rolled his eyes at his sister as she flash the peace sign and jumped off the stage with the dorm assignments. She was lucky they were related.. or was it the other way around. Ah well. Pushing up his glasses he stood up from his seat and hopped down beyond the stage, away from the Zia and the clawing students. He wouldn’t stay hidden behind the stage, of course, so he walked to the side where he had placed bags of uniforms under the stage and waited.

Xirus didn’t have to wait long. The young girl who had alienated herself from the crowd came toward him in a fluster. He felt himself smile at her chatter and when it ended with ‘Hahahaa, so uniform?” he couldn’t stop himself from laughing. He didn’t mean for it to be mean, but.. it was funny..! Shaking his head, still chuckling, he reached under the stage and grabbed hold of what he hoped to be a uniform in her size.

He pulled the shiny silver bag out from under the stage and held it up in front of him. “Here you are Miss..” He paused for a moment, trying to put her face to a name. “Adavik?” Yes that sounded right.
"Wow! You know my name!" Lenore grabbed onto the silver bag and yanked it from the headmaster's hands. She pulled the uniform out and pressed the dress shirt against her chest. After a second of inspection, she shouted, rather loudly, "This is too big for me. I mean, I don't look fat do I? Maybe get me a size S. Or are these the sizes with numbers? I don't know my number size, I should look into it later. Oh, anyway, wow! You know my name! Let's see if I can remember your's!" Lenore stuffed the outfit back into the bag, making it look like chaos within.

Lenore put her small hand to her tiny chin and gave a most thoughtful face. She pondered over this for a moment and exclaimed, "Xenosaga! That's your name, right? Oh wait... it probably isn't. How about, Xerox!?"

``Mr. Klifton, your room-mate is Mr. Taylor. Room 215.``

A smile to the two boys, as she handed over two room keys, one for each. She then checked their names off the list, before tapping her pen against the stack of papers. Peering up at the next person standing in front of her, she looked at the student from behind the papers. A snicker, as she lowered the list, before greeting him.

``Mr. Schatten, You have the choice of being in a single room or a double with a room-mate. Which would you prefer?``

Tilt of her head as she awaited an answer from the man. Oh well... she whistled to abide her time.

Nostalgic Otaku

It was an unfortunate thing that Stolz hadn't thought about asking her siblings to be here with her as she walked towards the stage and the table one of the headmasters, Xirus was seated. Of course, the Vorurteil's had received the uniforms quite a while back, but they where for Volleri and not her. Obviously, those where far too large for Stolz to wear comfortably, so she stood behind another girl without violet hair who was animately talking and moving her arms around.
A smirk made its way to her lips as she continued to stand behind the girl, having enough patience, one of the few virtues one could actually say Stolz had, once they knew her.
Blonde hair flowed lightely in the breeze as the afternoon air filled his lungs. They were still on a lake and it was as refreshing as ever. The people, the food, the... podium. It was like a party, except without an excessive amount of alchohol. He tilted his head back to savour and breathe the air that was provided. The sky was blue, and he felt great, even after his moment of pleasure was cut short by the voice of a woman calling his name. Zeon looked silently towards his new headmistress, a blank expression on his face before he snapped back to reality and lit up at her question. His lips parted slowly, letting out a cool baritone voice flow from his mouth as he spoke in response to her question.

"Single room, please."

Perhaps this opportunity was a sign of a good year here at the Garden. Maybe he'd like it more than he thought he would. Or it could be the calm before the storm, which was never very pleasent, no matter what was going down. If his hands weren't full, he'd surely slip his fingers into his pockets and marvel a little more at the school. He wanted to go in and explore, especially his new home. For some reason the feeling of freedom had seeped into his clothes and absorbed into his skin, until it finally hit his nerves. He felt like his own man. Like there was a whole new world that he would be able to explore. Here, he could do something with himself. Silently, he stood, thinking to himself, and waiting for a room number from his Headmistress.

What a day..
Xirus started as she yanked the bag from his grasp, glasses slipping half way down his nose. He didn’t think it normal good behavior to just snatch things from your soon-to-be Superior’s hand. He only arched a brow at her though instead of disciplining as she checked the dress shirt over.

He would have jumped at her sudden, loud, exclamation. He felt his face begin to heat in an embarrassed flush as she continued to go on about it being too big. By the time she noticed he knew her name he had begun to pinch the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger, an attempt to hide his growing embarrassment. He had thought the silver bags were smalls. Maybe the smalls were in the blue bags..

As Miss Adavik fell into silent contemplation with a serious look on her face he beat the flush back, his face returning to its usual light tan color. He glanced toward his sister to see if she had overheard the er.. conversation and seeing that she didn’t caused him to sigh in relief. She would’ve teased him to the ends of Gaia if she had.

Xirus felt his brows rise into his hairline as she tried to guess at his name. He had always known it was unique but really.. Xenosaga? Xerox? His name wasn’t that odd. Coughing into his fisted hand he glanced down at her over the top of his glasses with a slight look of authority.

“It’s Xirus but you should remember I am your Headmaster and should be addressed as such. If the uniform is too large I’d be happy enough to give you a different set..” He blinked, seeing the other girl behind Miss Adavik and idly wondered when she had gotten there. He groaned inwardly at the thought of how much the other girl had heard. He’d never be seen as an authority around here.

Nostalgic Otaku

Stolz's smirk continually became wider as she watched the headmaster continually try to hide his embarrasment. Really, such fun watching an authority figure such as Xirus become so flustered because of one girl's incessant chattering. Despite her love of being someone who felt 'schadenfreude,' Stolz really did want to get her uniform before she left for her room.
Coughing discretly, Stolz looked over the slightly taller girl's shoulder before making a non-commital sound. "To me, miss, it looks perfectly sized for someone like you," she said, hoping that her voice as level and calm as it normally was.
A single room eh? This one's gonna seclude himself that much? Oh well... just means I have to keep him occupied as best as I can.

Scribbling some notes down on the dormitory list, she scoured for a single room that was vacant. A smile curled on her lips as she nodded her head. Room 125. Her old room before they even decided to turn this into a garden. It was a normal school.... at some point.

``Mr. Schatten, your room is 125. I hope you enjoy it. And you do know precedure. Your gunblade is to stay in your room at all times, unless you're in the Training Center, or require it in class. Do not take it off the grounds, unless otherwise notified. I don't need you flaunting the fact that you are one special exception to get that weapon.``

A smirk, as she ushered him to move along. There was a lot to do once everyone was settled. Like classes... hahaha.
Lenore's ears perked up.

"Whaaat?" Lenore turned around very quickly, almost falling down on her behind. She smiled at the girl, she thought that maybe this girl wanted to be her friend. "I guess so. I suppose this will do! I'm sorry, I am holding up the line to see Headmaster... Xeros? Eh, I'll remember it in time!" She spun around and faced the Headmaster, totally oblivious to his embarassment.

"Click! I took a mental picture of you and wrote 'learn name' on it! I guarantee you that I will know it by the end of the week! If not, year!" Lenore sweat at the fact that the joke was lame, and could hardly be described as a joke.

Lenore turned back around, with a dizzy look on her face, and intro'd herself, "I am Lenore Adavik! Pleasure to meet you, ---?"

Nostalgic Otaku

Raising an eyebrow at the girl's sudden display of cheerfulness, Stolz choosing to totally disregard the fact that Lenore was taller than her, the girl gave a small, polite chuckle. "Vorurteil, Stolz Vorurteil. Pleasure's all mine," Stolz answered, her calm face disarming to anyone who didn't know her well. With a nod, the girl looked over at the man who had found himself, more than likely with no choice, behind the desk.

"Headmaster Xirus," she said, her voice high enough so Lenore could hear it, "May I have a set of uniforms please?" Stolz continued to stand up straight, just as her upbringing demanded, as she awaited for the headmaster to fill her request, ears still listening to whatever the other may say. It would seem like bad manners if she zoned out the other, and, despite being a bit on the sadistic side, Stolz had no intention to be considered impolite.
"Xi... rus?" Lenore pulled a notebook from her backpack and scribbled something in it. She stuffed her uniform into her pack, along with her notebook, and saluted both student and headmaster, "I should get to seeing my room. I hope you guys have a great year!"

The purple-haired lady rushed over to the line and waited for her room assignment.

Nostalgic Otaku

Stolz watched Lenore rush towards the headmisstress, her eyebrow slighty raised. It sure would be an interesting year, if all the other students where like her, thought the girl as she turned back to the headmaster, smiling sweetly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff