Welcome to Gaia! ::

So long!

And thanks for all the ghosts! 1 100.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 > >>

Halloween Ghost Pageant
User Image

This is a contest for ANYONE who received a ghost sheet from our charity in the 6 months of its existence!
If you have your sheet together, then put it on and bump 10 times and answer the apllication questions, you will be entered if you are one of the first 10 contestants. IF you don't have a sheet yet, and are under two months "old" on Gaia, go here to get one!:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Ghostly Giveaway for Newbies Charity will also give out 10 refurbished ghost sheets to 10 newbies (one apiece) with their donations in their six month celebration (Sept. 25-Oct. 29th). When they get their sheet, the newbies who accept the ghostly challenge will come here and post their answers to the "talent" and "interview" questions. Then people can vote for their favorite and a prize will be awarded to the winner and runner ups. All contestants will receive a small prize. Voting will begin when we have 10 contestants or no later than October 20th, and end on Halloween.

Who is eligible?

Any donatee of the Ghostly giveaway charity from 4/29/06-10/29/06 may enter, and any person who received a ghost sheet as a result of a Ghostly Giveaway contest or event.

Rules:

YOU MUST be wearing either the sheet you requested or the one your refurbished sheet turned into when you post your application here.

You must be respectful of each other and follow all Gaia forum rules and TOS.

We reserve the right to not accept those who do not respect ALL rules and requirements. We are a charity and giving because we want to not because we have to!

Entry fee:

10 bumps in this thread (please number your bumps)

Form for entering:

Please copy and paste in the following form (completed with your answers) into the thread as a new post:

Gaian name:
Answer to interview questions:
Personal Goal statement:

Your avatar picture will be snapped and copied with the form into one of the contestant slots, below.

Let people know!

Use the banners in the top post of page two in your signature to let people know about this event!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PRIZES

First prize is a sealed letter
2nd prize is 500 gold+ a clothing item
3rd prize is 300 gold+ a clothing item
4th prize is 200 gold+ a clothing item
5th prize is 100 gold+ a clothing item
6th-10th prizes are random hat items

(in the event of ties, the two or more places tied will be combined and the amount split between the tied winners)

*** Want to win something for yourself? Small miscellaneous prize is given each day to a randomly selected VOTER in the thread! VOTING can only be done once but all votes count from October 20th to Halloween night at 12:00 PST. Good Luck!
Final Standings

7. Ceres Adair - Winner (receives a Nov sealed letter and a banner)
1.xxmadeupfreakxx - 1st runner up receives 500 gold and a jacket
|-8. abunaiki
| 3.~Keaira Ghealai~}Tied 3rd-5th receive 200 gold each (300+200+100 divided by 3) +clothing item
|-9. Swt_Irish_Rosie
2. locusta
5. Nauka
4. Reignbw
6. 99a
10. never filled

Please vote by posting in the thread for your favorite! Voting is open until Halloween!
Talent Question:

What is your talent and how does it enhance ghostly life on Gaia?

Interview (Personality) questions:

What does your style of ghost say about your personality? How does it contribute to whirled peas world peace?
Voting Prize Winners:
Oct 20: Deschaine
Oct 21: 99a
Oct 22: kissed the milkman
Oct. 23: Melanie Thorn
Oct. 24: rio.prentiss
Oct. 25: Agent Oxide
Oct. 26 mad xmadeupfreakxx
Oct. 27:-=Lady_Zeal=-
Oct. 28:beautifuly BROKEN
Oct. 29: sacrafice13
Oct. 30: XxLost HeartxX
Oct. 31: samaura
Contestant number one

User Image
xxmadeupfreakxx
Gaian name: xxmadeupfreakxx
Answer to the talent question:I like scaring people on halloween w/ costumes.
Answer to interview questions: Well, this is my refurbished sheet so, i didn't really think about it for this one. The one that I chose was a frightened sheet. I chose the frightened sheet because sometimes I'm scared on Halloween when people ring the doorbell and they scream boo!!! in your face.
Personal Goal statement: My Personal Goal on Gaia or Real Life (i don't really know)
Gaia: Get the items on my dream avii and make lots of friends, and also to get to know more ppl
Real Life: Getting Awesome Grades
Contestant number two:
User Image
locusta
Gaian name: locusta

Answer to the talent question: Well, generally monkey-foxes go in for screaming, poltergeist-like wrath, so my ghostly monkey wrath can be pretty scary. Generally, we’re only wrathful at people who try to cut off monkey paws and fox’s tails, or mean people who try to scare us or harass newbies. It’s a dirty job but some-ghost’s got to cull out the meanies. Monkey wrath… scary stuff…

Um…My tail’s fluffy too? Great for cuddling. smile

Answer to interview questions: I like to think that my monkey ghost represents my bright, sneaky, mischievous, and perhaps a little sinister personality. Monkey-fox ghosts are particularly good at whirling peas. You see, we pick them up on our snouts and then we… *Hears noise from the side.* (What’s that? World Peace? Not peas? But I like peas sweatdrop …) Um…like I was saying world peace would be no problem if people would just stay away from my monkey paws. I mean seriously folks, monkey paw wishes are just bad news…and the monkeys don’t appreciate it either. Don’t touch ‘em and world peace will take care of itself.

Personal Goal statement: My personal monkey goal is to hang around in trees, jump out and scare people and generally throw around fake poo to gross people out. (Don’t worry, I don’t throw poo in real life.) In general, I’d like to make a name for myself helping others learn the things they need to know while enjoying life to the fullest. 3nodding
Contestant three:
User Image
~Keaira Ghealai~
Gaian name:~Keaira Ghealai~

Answer to the talent question:Don't tell anybody but that lunatic I seem to be stuck to is named Keaira, my real name is Herman, and my biggest talent right now is scaring anyone she comes across so bad she thinks she's this big bad warrior woman. If only she knew!! shhhhhhhhhh!!

Answer to interview questions: Whirled peas?? oooooo yes please!! oh wait, world peace...well as I said the lunatic I seem to be stuck to is into the warrior thing, so I scare them, they run away, peace returns!! I only wish to be a very helpful ghostie of course, and do my part to contribute!

Personal Goal statement:
To some day figure out how to get off this lunatic's head and off on my own adventure!!
And Contestant number four:
User Image
Reignbw
Gaian name: Reignbw
Answer to the talent question: I can fly around town and scare ppl. I stay high up in the air... its also easier to find them flying magical boxes and enchanted trunks. lol
Answer to interview questions:Even though i like to scare ppl i also bring smiles to ppls faces when i fly down and throw some gold at them. I truley believe in world peace and that is why after i scare you i will give you a big ole hug. heart
Personal Goal statement: My goal is to Make alot of friends here at Gaia and help ppl out with their quests as much as possible.. I have been helped out and want to return the favor.
Contestant number five:
User Image
Nauka
Gaian name: Nauka
Answer to the talent question: My talent is flower arranging. Underneath my ghostly sheet like skin I hide both a Katana and a Sunflower bouquet. That way I can show them the best way to arrange their flowers! I have been a closet arranger most of my life and finally in death I can share my gift with the world!
Answer to interview questions: Obviously I was destined for a Happy Ghost Sheet. I think I inspire people of Gaia with my consistant positive attitude. Although sometimes I do lie alittleto get those postitive attitudes... hence the hand hidden behind my back...
Personal Goal statement: Whirled peas is not impossible!
Contestant number six:
User Image
99a
Gaian name: 99a (I am the ghost on top of the angel ghost)
Answer to the talent question: What is your talent and how does it enhance ghostly life on Gaia? My talent is influencing the magical ghost to make wonderful things happen!

Answer to interview questions: What does your style of ghost say about your personality?
My style is cool and hip, and beautifully influential.

How does it contribute to whirled peas world peace? I hope to make other Gaians happy! biggrin

Personal Goal statement: Let me whisper to you why we all need world peace and votes for 99a!
Contestant number seven:
User Image
Ceres Adair
Gaian name: Ceres Adair

Answer to the talent question: My talent is shapeshifting, I can shapeshift into people's greatest fears, allowing me to scare them without fail. My talent helps me understand Gaians and allows me to teach my fellow Ghosties that sometimes Gaians and us have things in common. (Like my fear of clowns *shudders*)
Answer to interview questions: My Ghostie appearance says that I have an interesting, fun and odd personality. I help with world peace by trying to unite Ghosties and Gaians and also scaring away the evil Gaians and Aliens that try to harm my friends. razz
Personal Goal:My goal is to make alot of friends (Gaians and Ghosties alike), to finish my current quest and to get a coco kitty. That kitty is sooo cute!! ^_^

User Image
Contestant number eight:
User Image
abunaiki
Gaian name: Abunaiki
Answer to the talent question: My talent is to apparently Suck in trash and other random tidbits through the giant mouth in my costume. (candy being taken in is by far an accident if its yours....if now yay for me.
Answer to interview questions: As to why I have a sheet on, well, I'm new to Gaia and this is by far the best costume! I can see you through the middle hole! haha! so you can't poke my eyes out cause you'll miss. Oh and I like the look of AWE of this ghost or should it be fright? don't you just love my personality?
Personal Goal statement: To Clean up the streets, Scare a few kids, And to have a BLAST, hehe. and to block out the moon so its pitch dark and 100 times scarier during halloween. heart
Contestant number nine:
User Image
Swt_Irish_Rosie
Gaian name: Swt_irish_rosie

Answer to the talent question: My talent I guess is being happy and cheerful, finding something to laugh about even when things are falling apart around me. Make some new friends and maybe share a smile or two.

Answer to interview questions: My style of ghost says I'm a happy person that no matter what everything is going to be OK. Think of me like Casper the Friendly Ghost. biggrin
world peace? If everyone is happy, they nothing to fight about. smile

Personal Goal statement: to bring a smile to anyone I see who seems to need a friend or just something else to think of for a minute or two. You what they say, smile its contagious
Current standings post:
Ceres Adair - 21 First Prize
xxmadeupfreakxx - 17 Second place
abunaiki - 6 Tied 3rd thru 5th
~Keaira Ghealai~ - 6 "
Swt_Irish_Rosie - 6 "
locusta - 3 Tied 6th and 7th place winner
Nauka - 3 "
reignbw - 2 Tied 8th thru 9th
99a - 2 "

Quick Reply

Submit