Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

It's funny to see early adopters defend their stance
Early adopters?

What the ******** does that mean?

The first people to jump on a new tech bandwagon. Doesn't exactly describe HD gaming, but it was the closest thing I could think of. HD gaming is still in it's infancy. Heck, some HDTV's make it impossible to play games because of screen lag.
It's taken me a year.

Were you this much of a ******** when DVD's first came out?

I didn't care when DVD's first came out.
Then shut the hell up.

Eitherway, when the hell did my comments past my first post talk about HD gaming?

All I said is that Gameplay and Graphics go hand-in-hand.

Becaus ethe topic is about HD gaming, anyway, If a game has good gameply, Graphics don't matter. Katamari Damacy for example.
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

The first people to jump on a new tech bandwagon. Doesn't exactly describe HD gaming, but it was the closest thing I could think of. HD gaming is still in it's infancy. Heck, some HDTV's make it impossible to play games because of screen lag.
It's taken me a year.

Then shut the hell up.

Eitherway, when the hell did my comments past my first post talk about HD gaming?

Becaus ethe topic is about HD gaming, anyway, If a game has good gameply, Graphics don't matter. Katamari Damacy for example.
Would Katamari been the same back in 8 bit? Even 16 bit era's?

No.
Darkgenshii
But it could be argued that the strange and "original" graphcis style and art of Katamari bring out some of the crazy and sureal mood and feeling you got when playing that game.
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

It's taken me a year.

Then shut the hell up.

No.

it wouldn't be possible in the 8-bit, and 16-bit era.
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

Then shut the hell up.

No.

Then I rest my case.
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

Then shut the hell up.

No.

Then I rest my case.

I'm talking about technical specs of the systems. those two systes couldn't handle 3d graphics. it would have been a 2d side scroller, and still fun. Your "case" never existed in the first place.
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

It's taken me a year.

Then shut the hell up.

Katamari had ok Graphics it was just a varry art heavy game realying more on stiliezation than looking real.

now wold you be able to play Splinter cell if it looked like Katamari Damacy (Hum?)
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

No.

Then I rest my case.

I'm talking about technical specs of the systems. those two systes couldn't handle 3d graphics. it would have been a 2d side scroller, and still fun. Your "case" never existed in the first place.
Graphics complement the game play...

Katamari wouldn't have had the same effect if it had Metal Gear Solid 3 calibur graphics.

Gameplay and Graphics have evolved hand in hand dude, if you can't see that then you have some real problems.
Ulrick Darcken
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

It's taken me a year.

Then shut the hell up.

Katamari had ok Graphics it was just a varry art heavy game realying more on stiliezation than looking real.

now wold you be able to play Splinter cell if it looked like Katamari Damacy (Hum?)

If it was the same gameplay, yes.
Darkgenshii
Ulrick Darcken
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

Then shut the hell up.

You lieing sack of s**t.
Bunny--man

I disagree with you, Bunny--man.
I've played games that look nice, but had poor gameplay. I've also played awesome games that have poor graphics.
Gameplay and graphics don't necessarily go hand in hand, but they certainly should.

But I digress, this thread is about HD gaming. Is it neccessary? Well, Microsoft and Sony have certainly made it necessary, which is ridiculous if you ask me.
Playing Dead Rising on a SD TV is awful; you can barely read the on-screen instructions. However, it's as clear as crystal on a HD TV.

For me, HD is a double-edged knife. It makes for a sharper image so that my eyes don't hurt when playing a game and colors don't 'bleed' like they tend to on SD Televisions. On the other hand, it's not necessary and promotes needless spending on objects that aren't necessities.
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

No.

Then I rest my case.

Katamari wouldn't have had the same effect if it had Metal Gear Solid 3 calibur graphics.

Gameplay and Graphics have evolved hand in hand dude, if you can't see that then you have some real problems.

Graphics evolved to to Technological advancements, gameplay evolved due to new ways of thinking.
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Ulrick Darcken
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

Then shut the hell up.

You lieing sack of s**t.

Course I can say that because I don't like splinter cell. I play games due to gameplay, not graphics. And I am not a bag of feces thank you very much.
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
Darkgenshii

Then I rest my case.

Graphics evolved to to Technological advancements, gameplay evolved due to new ways of thinking.
Wrong...

Graphics are a direct byproduct of improved power, whatelse comes out of power?

Physics, and GAMEPLAY.

Power is the key to both, and they both are equally important to gaming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff