Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Conversationalist

I feel lame, but we're really not thinking of anything that even half-appeals to us... Yes, this is another "oh snap we need a name!" thread.

OK. Brief overview. Futuristic setting, slightly gritty feel to it though we intend to inject some humor as well. Focuses on two twins, 20-ish, named Calvin and Hobbes. Cal is a pre-cognitive (can see the future in flashes) and Hobbes is a post-cog (can see the past in flashes). They work for a government agency to find and arrest (infiltrate, in this case) cells of magic users (magic being, in this universe, something feeding off of negative emotions, essentially giving a lot of power to angry violent people. So that's bad.) They befriend one of them, though, a girl named Riley, who can shift into a wolf. She's not there for the power so much as the sense of family she needs. After the government busts in and arrests peoples, Cal and Hobbes use the "she's with us" clause to keep her out of trouble and she stays with them.

That's sort of how it is. Problem is we can't think of a damnable title. Artsiness is encouraged in your title choices.

I throw myself to your mercies, comic creator's thread! >.o;
I know a title! Calvin and Hobbes! biggrin

It sounds like that's just the intro. What about the rest? That might help us in helping you.

(Calvin and Hobbes...haha)
"The Once and Future Corps"

"Mirrorsight"

Those two obviously focus on the first two characters. Unfortunatly, the theme of pre/post cognitive and shapeshifting don't seem to have anything to do with eachother, so without more information, I have a hard time imagining a title that refers to her and/or her abilities as well.

Also, stolen liberally from White Wolf's Corax sourcebook, a line for one of your characters:

"Never trust anyone who spells magik with a 'k'"

-K
Dude...this is hard...

Could you tell us more about your story? That might help me out a little better. ^^
hmmm....
hmmmmmm...
hmmmmmmmmmm....
you could call it
"FlashForward"
or
"Tsuin Elevator"

Tipsy Conversationalist

Part of the reason we're not mentioning much beyond that would be because we don't have much beyond that. The script is still in its infant stages. (And yet, I bet we still get a s**t-load of pages out of what we have already.)

I dunno, here are the characters, if that helps. (big images, be warned.)
Hobbes
Riley
Cal

(Hobbes isn't really a smug b*****d, he just LOOKS like it in that picture... sweatdrop )
Nonee_Face
Part of the reason we're not mentioning much beyond that would be because we don't have much beyond that. The script is still in its infant stages. (And yet, I bet we still get a s**t-load of pages out of what we have already.)

Hobbes
Riley
Cal

(Hobbes isn't really a smug b*****d, he just LOOKS like it in that picture... sweatdrop )

Well in this case I'd go with the tried and true tradition of code-naming it something unimaginative untill you've atleast got a whole skeleton finished. Until you do that, you tend not to have any other names to work with ( the countries, organizations, slang terms etc.), and those can help a lot.

Tipsy Conversationalist

tznkai
Nonee_Face

Hobbes
Riley
Cal

Well in this case I'd go with the tried and true tradition of code-naming it something unimaginative untill you've atleast got a whole skeleton finished. Until you do that, you tend not to have any other names to work with ( the countries, organizations, slang terms etc.), and those can help a lot.

Oh, we're doing pretty well on that end, we've always liked 'universe' building. Just can't think of an appropriate story name. : / (Still, if we do feel the need I like "Operation HOMGFWTF." wink surprised
Nonee_Face
tznkai
Nonee_Face

Hobbes
Riley
Cal

Oh, we're doing pretty well on that end, we've always liked 'universe' building. Just can't think of an appropriate story name. : / (Still, if we do feel the need I like "Operation HOMGFWTF." wink surprised

ding ding ding. i think we have a winner!
"Before and After"?
wickeddelight
"Before and After"?

too plain and doesn't really apply that much...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff