Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Lunatic

Initial impressions of Heavy Rain. It's beautiful. My brother is also having nightmares of naked men now(the tutorial includes one of the male leads taking a shower and yeah, you get naked). xd

Opens up with a happy father of two with a loving wife, nice house, and good job. Son dies via car accident. Two years later, he's divorced, isolated from his remaining son, living in a grimey appartment, and blanks out, waking up in the middle of the street holding an origami.

So far there are seven dead at the hands of the origami killer.
Katastrophy
Moriquendi
Going Vancouver this weekend, woooo!

Women's Olympic hockey is obscene. I think the Canadian team should have to get drunk before playing anyone other than the USA team, just to even things up a little bit.

I'm jealous, the sheer enthusiasm that seems to be all over Vancouver right now looks like so much fun. That and the music. I want to go there and just hang out for a bit.

And I agree, we're rocking at hockey right now. Which is good. Cause I swear, I will be so disappointed if we can't get a medal in hockey, what with all those commercials right now ramping up the patriotism over the sport. I don't even particularly like hockey, but the Coke commercials just make me feel all warm and tingly inside with the whole "Let's show the world who's game their playing."

It was pretty fun. I went over very early though and saw a hockey game pretty late-ish so I didn't get to partake in the night-ish stuff very much. Waaaay too tired, could hardly function.

I wouldn't mind going again this weekend but I have other plans... which I might cancel...
My fish. They are dead.
Regarding tentacles: go, tentacles, go. YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS YOU MUST DO

Heavy Rain looks beautiful--you'll have to give us a play-by-play, Celi. 3nodding

In other news, finally there is justice and Shounan Junai Gumi is available for the general manga-reading public. It's very hard for me not to say "pearls before swine" when we live in a world where Bleach is regarded as an epic work of sequential art. (Yes, I like Bleach, I just don't think it's very good any more.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Damn, did I miss this series, although it's much better later on as a serious(ish) drama about delinquent youth as opposed to a goofy let's-lose-our-virginity comedy.

Magical Lunatic

Well I'm going to be returning Heavy Rain for a replacement copy tonight after work. The game keeps freezing at this exact same spot. I'm hoping it's just my copy.
I had to go through four copies of the original Guilty Gear X because my PS2 kept giving me a "Disc Read Error," so I'd have to go back and forth over and over again to Circuit City to replace it. Thankfully, that's only happened to me once since then, with Dead or Alive 4, and the first replacement copy worked like a charm.

Aged Codger

Oh man, Guilty Gear X tournaments are a hoot.

JOHNNY COMPLETE LOCKDOWN

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Does anyone else feel that Tilikum is getting away with murder?
Perhaps, it might be time to free this orca... but other's feel it is time to destroy Tilikum.
... He did drag his trainer into the water infront of a crowd of people. If that isn't trying to tell people something- I don't know what will.
He's a whale. He isn't capable of murder, he's capable of being a whale.

What it tells me is that keeping a large whale in a tiny tank and making it do tricks to entertain people is cruel and disgusting. He should have an ocean to swim in. It's not like keeping a dog, which you can take on walks, or bring to the park so it can run around.

If he really can't survive in the wild anymore, then maybe they should put him down. Not because he's a "murder" but because it's cruel to keep him confined they way they do.

Aged Codger

Typical case of business before common sense.

Moriquendi
He's a whale.

You're a whale.
Well, duh.

I'm glad I finally got my computer properly waterproofed. I was ... scream BOO scream ... getting tired of being electrocuted all the time.

Codger

Moriquendi

What it tells me is that keeping a large whale in a tiny tank and making it do tricks to entertain people is cruel and disgusting. He should have an ocean to swim in. It's not like keeping a dog, which you can take on walks, or bring to the park so it can run around.

If he really can't survive in the wild anymore, then maybe they should put him down. Not because he's a "murder" but because it's cruel to keep him confined they way they do.
And yet when a tiger escapes from it's enclosure and kills a couple kids that were taunting it, they put the tiger down....

Aged Codger

Moriquendi
scream BOO scream ...

Stop trying to spook me.

Shameless Lunatic

I dunno if I like this lipstick...

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
Mad Migy 9
Moriquendi

And yet when a tiger escapes from it's enclosure and kills a couple kids that were taunting it, they put the tiger down....

Tigers aren't worth countless millions as a breeding stud for an entire line of theme parks. It's money. That's it. Whatever bullshit they put on about bringing people closer to animals is crap. If you want to bring people closer to whales, take them on whale watching boats where people can see them in their natural environment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff