Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Lunatic

I could never be in the military. It's rules always seemed to arbitrary to me. Well that and the slight problem of me being a semi-pacifist. I mean I can't even kill a rat. How would I manage to kill a human?

Magical Lunatic

AoD>Ah. I can't really comment as I think I tuned out anyone who annoyed me. xd
Erinys
Jim Kim

The Internet isn't even the Government's doing. The ISP is a contractor, and they put us through proxy servers to block out websites they deem to not be of good conduct and watch everything. It sucks. It's so bad out here, they do stupid stuff like, if I put my foot in the doorway of a female soldiers living quarters out here, I'll get a Field Grade Arcticle 15 which means I lose 1 full months pay over 2 months, lose all my rank, and I get put on 45 days Extra Duty, and 60 days Restriction. That's how crazy the Marines run this base... and I'm in the Army. crying
Sounds like a good, old frat party to me!

But seriously, that's kinda terrible. I get now why they have such a problem with homosexuals being in the army though. >_> Technically they wouldn't be able to pay soldier EVER because he'd always be walking through the doorways of the living quarters of someone he might be sexually attracted to.

But I still think all that's bullshit. I'm pretty sure most soldiers have things to worry about than if that female/male soldier holding the gun is willing to sleep with them or not. Like you know, getting shot or stepping on a mine. The Army's policies need to be updated ASAP.
Well, most of the policies were made for a reason, but the level they're taking some of them to is ridiculous. Like, they've been having problems with sexual assaults. So now they have a Policy Letter out stating that all females must travel with a "Battle Buddy" and they also have to have a whistle in case they are ever in a time of distress. As for going outside the wire, we never get out of the HMMWVV's while on a Convoy. Never. So we don't have too many problems with stepping on mines. And the only people who ever really shoot now are people like me. I'm a Turret/Machine Gunner. I carry around what's called a Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), which is a small machine gun for use by teams/squads. Then again, they do stupid s**t to piss me off like, make me carry that 18 lb. weapon around everywhere I go, even to the latrine, with a 200 round magazine on the weapon, which makes it weigh close to 30 lbs.
Celisasu
I could never be in the military. It's rules always seemed to arbitrary to me. Well that and the slight problem of me being a semi-pacifist. I mean I can't even kill a rat. How would I manage to kill a human?
...by interacting with the majority of Gaians suddenly that pacifist attitude can magically float away.

Magical Lunatic

Erinys>Semi-pacifist. I'm perfectly willing to smack someone. I'm just completely unwilling to kill. 3nodding

Jim>HMMWVV's? Is that that big boxy looking vehicle that looks like someone crossed a hummer with a large truck, armor, and gear to let it run over a mine without getting someone killed? The one who's only role really is to patrol streets that are probably mined?
Celisasu
Erinys>Semi-pacifist. I'm perfectly willing to smack someone. I'm just completely unwilling to kill. 3nodding

Jim>HMMWVV's? Is that that big boxy looking vehicle that looks like someone crossed a hummer with a large truck, armor, and gear to let it run over a mine without getting someone killed? The one who's only role really is to patrol streets that are probably mined?
Sorry, so used to spelling s**t out the way it's named in the military. The HMMWVV is the Humvee, or whatever you wanna call it. It's just that there are different ones. The ones we use now are completely different the old ones most people are used to seeing.
Jim Kim
Well, most of the policies were made for a reason, but the level they're taking some of them to is ridiculous. Like, they've been having problems with sexual assaults. So now they have a Policy Letter out stating that all females must travel with a "Battle Buddy" and they also have to have a whistle in case they are ever in a time of distress. As for going outside the wire, we never get out of the HMMWVV's while on a Convoy. Never. So we don't have too many problems with stepping on mines. And the only people who ever really shoot now are people like me. I'm a Turret/Machine Gunner. I carry around what's called a Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), which is a small machine gun for use by teams/squads. Then again, they do stupid s**t to piss me off like, make me carry that 18 lb. weapon around everywhere I go, even to the latrine, with a 200 round magazine on the weapon, which makes it weigh close to 30 lbs.
I'm glad to see rather than convict the people who are committing the sexual assaults they decide to treat the women like 5 year olds. rolleyes I hope they are at least trying to convict the guys.

And holy crap is that ever a heavy weapon. gonk Why the hell do they make you carry it around everywhere?
Celisasu

I am including the unwilling to kill. If Darwinism ain't doing it, might as well take up the job!
Jim Kim
Celisasu

Sorry, so used to spelling s**t out the way it's named in the military. The HMMWVV is the Humvee, or whatever you wanna call it. It's just that there are different ones. The ones we use now are completely different the old ones most people are used to seeing.
I thought that was the Humvee. Not because I know military spelling and stuff but because you can kinda pronounce it 'humvee'

"Hmmwavee"

Magical Lunatic

Jim Kim
Celisasu

What's the vehicle I'm thinking of? I know I saw it on the news about six months back. They were commenting on it being designed as a reaction to the problems in Iraq and how it was probably an overreaction as the military cut the numbers of orders for it because while it was good at it's role, the problem was that role was extremely specific.
Erinys
Jim Kim
I'm glad to see rather than convict the people who are committing the sexual assaults they decide to treat the women like 5 year olds. rolleyes I hope they are at least trying to convict the guys.

And holy crap is that ever a heavy weapon. gonk Why the hell do they make you carry it around everywhere?
Because, out of everybody in my company, I'm the best marksman with it, and I've been issued it. Plus, while it's heavy, and hurts my shoulder to carry around, I'd rather have that to shoot in an engagement that the M4/M16. My SAW averages a Cyclic rate of fire of around 200-400 rounds a minute. If I just hold the trigger, it shoots up to 740 rounds a minute. domokun

Magical Lunatic

Erinys
Celisasu

I am including the unwilling to kill. If Darwinism ain't doing it, might as well take up the job!
Nah. I'd be for castration but still no killing. I'm not going to taint my eternal soul for some idiot on Gaia. 3nodding

Anyways I'm going to vanish for a bit. I really need a shower and then I'm going to have lunch and round things out by going over to Gamestop real quick to pre-order Mana Khemia and Arcana Hearts. I need to decide if I want to purchase Final Fantasy Tactics for my PSP or not as well.
Jim Kim
Because, out of everybody in my company, I'm the best marksman with it, and I've been issued it. Plus, while it's heavy, and hurts my shoulder to carry around, I'd rather have that to shoot in an engagement that the M4/M16. My SAW averages a Cyclic rate of fire of around 200-400 rounds a minute. If I just hold the trigger, it shoots up to 740 rounds a minute. domokun

I still don't understand why you can't put it down for a few minutes. Don't you get a break where you don't have to worry about it? Just like put it on the ground while you're sitting and having lunch?

Magical Lunatic

Jim Kim
Erinys
Jim Kim

So whatever you do hit that doesn't have good armor is going to just be a stain on the ground very very fast huh?
Celisasu
Erinys
Celisasu

Nah. I'd be for castration but still no killing. I'm not going to taint my eternal soul for some idiot on Gaia. 3nodding

Anyways I'm going to vanish for a bit. I really need a shower and then I'm going to have lunch and round things out by going over to Gamestop real quick to pre-order Mana Khemia and Arcana Hearts. I need to decide if I want to purchase Final Fantasy Tactics for my PSP or not as well.
You clearly have not been corrupted enough.

See ya, Celi.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces