Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi, my name is Kilope and I'm the weird girl in class.

Basically I'm a sophomore in High School, I'm a girl, skinny, blonde, and about 5' 9". In class I'm very quiet.

I'm not a shy person and I'm not naturally quiet, but in class I am. I have ADD and my medication sort of sedates me during school, so that I can focus. As a result of my lack of conversation, people think I'm this shy girl, when they talk to me though they tend to be shocked. I begin to tell people I barely know random details of my life, nothing horribly personal but still stories that probably sound weird coming from someone you barely know.

I always feel awkward just moments after I finish talking (when I'm medicated anyways) and I apologize and begin to ramble on and on about things that make no sense in hopes to break the awkwardness. I know I do this but I do it every time. I can't say how many possible friends I've scared away and how many boys I've attracted and then creeped out.

I'm super frustrated but when I'm medicated part of me is normal and the other part tries to get out and make itself well known. I'm honestly not that strange or creepy, but I just come across that way. Does anyone have any suggestions which may help?
AND I"M A WIERD GUY, SMALL WORLD EH? surprised
Father Knows Best

Ack! The spelling! sweatdrop In any case, um thanks for bumping my thread? confused
my friend has that kinda problem too. she'll be talking and after a while i'll have to say "you're still talking" or "do you hear yourself?"

i guess maybe to start listening to what you say, and maybe bite back stuff. i have to do that myself.

and on the plus side, if they are creeped out that easily, then what's the fun? and you have also found a way to get guys you dont like and are annoying you to step back
Look, if you're weird, who cares if they think ill of you? rolleyes Stop trying to change yourself and BE yourself

It's your uniquness, your blood. Embrace it and run like the wind in a mushroom suit lol

I have ADD, but I dun take the medication xd BE FREE!
Kilope
Father Knows Best

Ack! The spelling! sweatdrop In any case, um thanks for bumping my thread? confused

lol that made me laugh, heheh.

anyways, about your situation, maybe you could try switching medications?
Tell your doctor about it.
And if this helps any, I wouldn't think you're wierd... I do those things all the time also.. hahah
You are juuustt like me.

Don't try to change yourself; you'll find a friend or two that appreciate you for your eccentric nature.
surprised
Wow, at least I'm not alone. I have a few friends, very good friends (I think) in fact, but I just get disheartened by how many I sort of scare away.
Kilope
Wow, at least I'm not alone. I have a few friends, very good friends (I think) in fact, but I just get disheartened by how many I sort of scare away.

BE FREE! scream

ADD is fun! mrgreen So many things that are interesting and they're sooooo simple xd Oooh, shiny spoon whee
Is it possible to learn to cope without the medication or with less medication? It sounds like you're probably more yourself without medication.
Father Knows Best
Kilope

BE FREE! scream

ADD is fun! mrgreen So many things that are interesting and they're sooooo simple xd Oooh, shiny spoon whee

ADD is fun but sucks when I can't do anything in school... and then they drug me and I get insomnia... xp
HornsOvBaphomet
Is it possible to learn to cope without the medication or with less medication? It sounds like you're probably more yourself without medication.

Um, well I do coupe without the medication. On weekends I don't take it, since I don't need it. But honestly I can't focus in school. It took years and years to make it so that I could even get myself to pay attention to someone talking for more than two minutes. I know I should learn to coupe, but it was starting to affect my grades and my notes were basically doodles. Although I don't take it during the weekend, it's during the week when I do, that I see everyone.
I have ADD as well 3nodding

However, it does help me stay focused. Try to watch before you say anything. A lot of people (including myself) are freaked out by people when they tell details about their life, and I haven't even known them for a while.

Just have small talk, its best.
Wow, us ADD folk seem to be crawling all over this thread. whee

I know what you mean, though my dear. I do the same thing all the time, both when I'm medicated and when I'm not (I take copious amounts of Dexedrine, and I like to take breaks to keep myself from building up a resistance to the stuff... I took Ritalin long ago for about 2 weeks, but that stuff was... special... so I switched over).

As to what you can do about it, let it flow freely. It is a part of your nature, and a part of who you are. Concealing it or repressing it would be the same thing as repressing your friendliness or your empathy or your intelligence. It doesn't make sense to do it. If people can't accept you for being a little different, then they have issues.
You don't need those, or any medications, you brain already has the chemical nessary for concentration, stop taking the drugs, its a waste of your money and apparently you talking skills. Thats step one, train yourself to concentrate, not that it is nessasary to get good grades. [alliteration]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff