Welcome to Gaia! ::

What the hell is the problem here! I can't sit and fish without some teenager soliciting something sexual from me. I was harrassed 3 times in the past 2 days for nude photos from someone almost half my age!!! I keep blocking these people but it just keeps happening over and over. Is there any advice on how to make money in gaia without interacting with teenagers or should I just leave? I am just here to play a game but every time I turn around people are shocked that someone my age is even here.
Yeeeeees, you're just not looking hard enough rolleyes
eek sorry pal, not all of us are like that...i rarely get one here ninja
You could change your username I suppose. And some people who are not 18+ can handle this, hey I'm twelve.

If you change your username people won't be able to PM you therefore you have freedom, for the most of the time anyway.

And I have a friend who is 22. My friends' ages go from a range from 10-23. He heh.
u can go to the rooms that say !8 or 21+
Its usually okay in there.
ShoTro
What the hell is the problem here! I can't sit and fish without some teenager soliciting something sexual from me. I was harrassed 3 times in the past 2 days for nude photos from someone almost half my age!!! I keep blocking these people but it just keeps happening over and over. Is there any advice on how to make money in gaia without interacting with teenagers or should I just leave? I am just here to play a game but every time I turn around people are shocked that someone my age is even here.

Don't worry I know how you feel. I get offered sex everyday. sweatdrop I guess in my opinion just curse them out. That's what I do. Or not just try to look ugly as possible as you can eek I'm not even sure I'm in your same situation. And then girls keeps asking me if thats my BF in the video in my gaia profile stare which gets me pissed off that they want to get with him. He's mine. ninja But yea... sorry I'm no help but atleast I tryed sweatdrop
i can't say i've had the same experience, but i'm closer to your age than most of the other players on Gaia. I'm 20 and going to turn 21 in June. There's nothing wrong with being on here at your age, i more get hassled about being so old and on the game. But just keep ignoring them and make friends with the older crowd and you should be fine. You can add me as a friend if you want to! If you ever wanna talk then PM me... I'm not talking sexual, just if you want a friend! Good luck!
heart heart heart
mulegirl2
i can't say i've had the same experience, but i'm closer to your age than most of the other players on Gaia. I'm 20 and going to turn 21 in June. There's nothing wrong with being on here at your age, i more get hassled about being so old and on the game. But just keep ignoring them and make friends with the older crowd and you should be fine. You can add me as a friend if you want to! If you ever wanna talk then PM me... I'm not talking sexual, just if you want a friend! Good luck!
heart heart heart

Sorry, one more thing... this is my mule for storing things and such, so if you dp PM me i will give you my normal gaia name so that we can keep in touch!
heart heart heart
Random solicitations for the sexual are annoying, aren't they? The best advice I can offer is to perhaps not tell people what age you are; if people assume you are underage, the nudity requests might stop. Or you can pretend that you have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I know this won't stop the worst of them, but it might help alleviate a little of that stress. Otherwise, like someone suggested earlier, try the fishing rooms that are 18+ or fish alone.

I know how much things like that can suck- most memorably, a fellow saw my picture on my profile (of my main account), and PMed me saying, "I have a fat girl fetish and would like to see some nude pictures." Ouch. So, I guess you could say I'm somewhat experienced in this field, and have found that ignoring questions about your age makes people assume you're young, and feigning a relationship (or having one) does cut down on those solicitations.

Best of luck to you.
My suggestion is to just ignore them. Just because your on gaia, doesn't mean you have to put up with anyone if you don't want to.

If someone gets under my skin, I just either block them or don't answer. Good luck staying away from the dirty little children of the world.
Maybe it is the types of threads you hang out in, the posts you make? I am in my twenties and I don't have any teenagers asking/offering me nude photos... confused if someone keeps it up, block them and report them to a mod.

edit- well, you don't hang out in the chatterbox or post your pic or any of that stuff. who knows, maybe you are just a teen-chick magnet. xd
hey ShoTro remember me? Though I've never been solicited for sex. I too am around your age, I'm 22. And so far havn't had any problems. But my suggestion is change your user names or try and contact a mod. But if you wan't you can go ahead and add me to your friends list. 3nodding
i'm 22 i'm not leaving anytime soon. If people bother you just ignore them.
I am also 23 and bi *woo!* but my default account is a member of GGG, so I've learned to look for rooms that say things like "Geezers" or "GGG" to fish or gamble in. Those rooms are usually hosted and kept by the 21+ crowd from the Gaian Geezer Guild.

23 is young. :---)

And don't care, the idiots are all over this place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff