Welcome to Gaia! ::

nfries
<for some reason it won't let me post on this thread on my original account>

If you really don't want us to make topics about your problems, don't whine to us about them. Don't make it out to be like it's all our fault. Because, like with everything else, there's never only one source to blame. Although I do agree that I cannot say "omg blacks suffer from no oppression at all", nor can I say "omg blacks suffer from so much oppression it's almost unbelievable"; I wouldn't really know. But I say it is a fair assumption to say that, at least nowadays, 'racist' actions and comments are either misunderstood or exaggerated. And I know this topic was in rebuttal to my other thread, and to be perfectly honest I could care less what you've got to say about it.

Kajitora has his thread about how it's [mostly] our fault that Blacks, as a whole, aren't on equal economic footing with Whites as a whole, so I made my thread about how it's not as much out fault as you say it is; and I addressed problems that other blacks have mentioned to me, tieing in my own thoughts with them.

You can say it's racist against blacks, or that I'm racist against them; it won't make it true. I'm only racist against idiots (yes, they are a race, they breed other idiots, don't they?)

This still gives you no right to assume that you know what goes on in the black community. And because you have a "black friend" doesn't mean you know the facts. Until you walk a day in a black persons shoes you have no right to speak on black issues.

And as far as your statment "dont wine to us" if the issue is not brought to attention it wont be solved.
THIS IS NOT EXAGGERATED FOR BLACK PEOPLE THIS IS EVERYDAY LIFE, JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE STRIDES DOESNT MEAN THINGS ARE ALL GOOD
Big ******** deal Neth.

You want me to start treating black people like equals who don't need special help? Black people need to start acting more mature. Prove to us you don't need special treatment. Be more like the asians.

yeah. I said it. Guess what? Asians aren't a superior race or anything. Hell, they aren't born smarter or with a better work ethic. They work(ed) their ASSES OFF so that they would be regarded as an equal to white people. Don't give me this bullshit about how their culture is different. Guess what? that's your ******** problem. You don't work hard, don't blame it on your race.

Black people. Get off your lazy asses and work like the rest of the minorities. They managed to get there, now it's your turn.

Sure. I was born lucky. I'm white. I don't have to work as hard as you (supposedly). You know what? I don't like it one bit. ******** this 'whites get preferential treatment' bullcrap. We don't deserve and special treatment any more then you do. But, you know what? I can't change my skin colour, neither can you. So stop complaining about it WORK to IMPROVE you situation.
pimpcess1
nfries
<for some reason it won't let me post on this thread on my original account>

If you really don't want us to make topics about your problems, don't whine to us about them. Don't make it out to be like it's all our fault. Because, like with everything else, there's never only one source to blame. Although I do agree that I cannot say "omg blacks suffer from no oppression at all", nor can I say "omg blacks suffer from so much oppression it's almost unbelievable"; I wouldn't really know. But I say it is a fair assumption to say that, at least nowadays, 'racist' actions and comments are either misunderstood or exaggerated. And I know this topic was in rebuttal to my other thread, and to be perfectly honest I could care less what you've got to say about it.

Kajitora has his thread about how it's [mostly] our fault that Blacks, as a whole, aren't on equal economic footing with Whites as a whole, so I made my thread about how it's not as much out fault as you say it is; and I addressed problems that other blacks have mentioned to me, tieing in my own thoughts with them.

You can say it's racist against blacks, or that I'm racist against them; it won't make it true. I'm only racist against idiots (yes, they are a race, they breed other idiots, don't they?)

This still gives you no right to assume that you know what goes on in the black community. And because you have a "black friend" doesn't mean you know the facts. Until you walk a day in a black persons shoes you have no right to speak on black issues.

And as far as your statment "dont wine to us" if the issue is not brought to attention it wont be solved.
THIS IS NOT EXAGGERATED FOR BLACK PEOPLE THIS IS EVERYDAY LIFE, JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE MADE STRIDES DOESNT MEAN THINGS ARE ALL GOOD
But you are not white then, correct? So what gives YOU the right to assume things for US? What gives YOU the right to start claiming that the lives of white people are perfect and blah blah blah.

Until you walk a day in a white person's shoes you have no right to speak on white issues.

Double standards are fun, eh?
I am mulatto... sweatdrop
najaa,, that is not my answer,, bleah,,
Mystikat1
I am mulatto... sweatdrop
Whazzat?
TheSilverNoble
Nethilia is intelligent, but she hasn't done such a good job of acting it. She tends to ignore anyone that has a strong point against her, and uses estoeric language to confused people and stifle debate.
Gonna have to disagree with you this time, mate. As far as I'm concerned, you could have a freaking PhD and an IQ of 200, but when you become this ******** pigheaded you prove just how intelligent you REALLY are.
in all reality, every race has their negative stereotype and unfortunately for the ignorant many, it ends up being the reference point for a whole race.

i like how she mentions texas as where the white people are being outbred.
do you have numbers on this, or do you just plan on blaming the wetbacks but labeling it as hispanic.

i'm mexican, so let me just illuminate you on the situation. There are two kinds of hispanics in most places. Hispanic people (Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban etc...) and ******** wetbacks.

don't use the negative image of a race as a referencing point, i'm sick of seeing what it does to my family members and friends
I don't know about the rest of the country, but over here in Jersey, all kids wear their stereotypes like badges of honor. I don't live in a yuppie suburb, either. Not anymore, anyway. I'm extremely close to most of the worst cities in the state.

Sure, my parents are racist, because they're old and stupid, they were brought up in an era where that was the norm. It's only partly their fault that they're ignorant. We'll all be ignorant when we get older and live in an era we don't fully understand.

In my particular town, however, there aren't that many black families. There are more Hispanics, but regardless of the color, everybody of whatever color takes their stereotype and loves it to pieces. Minorities (for the most part) make it a point to do every single thing that people, mostly white people, say they do. And by doing that we fulfill our stereotype, which is stereotyping other people.

I don't know if i'm insensitive, or if growing up with all this has made me immuned to it, but that's the way things are. And it's always nice to be able to point your finger at another color and blame them for your personal problems. Every race does it, because it's convenient that way.

As for your argument, it's yours, not mine. I'm just pointing out that it's not the mean inflexible white people who keep anybody down. That puts people down, yeah, but sooner or later someone punches us in the wallet and we run away to another midwestern state. It's just hard to defend a group of people, when a number of them don't want or appreciate it.
Cometh The Inquisitor
Big ******** deal Neth.

You want me to start treating black people like equals who don't need special help? Black people need to start acting more mature. Prove to us you don't need special treatment. Be more like the asians.

yeah. I said it. Guess what? Asians aren't a superior race or anything. Hell, they aren't born smarter or with a better work ethic. They work(ed) their ASSES OFF so that they would be regarded as an equal to white people. Don't give me this bullshit about how their culture is different. Guess what? that's your ******** problem. You don't work hard, don't blame it on your race.

Black people. Get off your lazy asses and work like the rest of the minorities. They managed to get there, now it's your turn.

Sure. I was born lucky. I'm white. I don't have to work as hard as you (supposedly). You know what? I don't like it one bit. ******** this 'whites get preferential treatment' bullcrap. We don't deserve and special treatment any more then you do. But, you know what? I can't change my skin colour, neither can you. So stop complaining about it WORK to IMPROVE you situation.

I find it amusing how you're doing exactly what Neth said most white people do.
MipsyKitten
Cometh The Inquisitor
Big ******** deal Neth.

I find it amusing how you're doing exactly what Neth said most white people do.

Yeah, real psychic she is. She said someone would get offended and speak against her in a topic regarding race!? And it happened!? Omigosh, I never would've thought!
Well, I'm gone, everybody. I've got to 9-5 it today because i'm a poor white kid who has to save every paycheck for the past 2 months to afford Christmas. I'll walk to work listening to music made by black artists, and wait for my favorite black coworker to punch in so we can talk make fun of funny old white people.

While you guys sit and complain summore, I'll make your most terrible racial issues work out for another day. Because when it comes to people, I'm colorblind.
Myriane
KweenKatt
Admitted, some Caucasians are prejudiced against African Americans, but the exact reverse is true as well.

People always say that Caucasians look down upon other races and that affirmative action is an example of this.

I'm Irish Caucasian.

I think affirmative action is wrong, because everyone should have an opportunity to prove themselves, regardless of government meddling.

I think that African Americans are equal to other individuals, and I live in a predominantly African American populated area, not a predominantly white suburb.

The bottom line is, for every Caucasian who acts like this, there are twenty such as myself who will scream at him and tell him he's being a racist pig.

Some racism does exist, but I don't think it's quite the white dominated conspiracy it's been made out to be.

^_^

My opinion, that's all.

I totally agree with you.

heart

1,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
Yeah "white" people shouldn't conjugate our futures for us without living our lives.
I have always found some of the compassion some people heed towards various subjects rather silly. We assume too much, assume people need help where they don't, assume everybody wants to be cured, while many don't, assume this and assume that. In our persistant quest to make the world a "better place" through our "compassion" and "will to help" we often don't realize how fecking annoying and out of place that can be a lot of the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff