Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Inquisitor

Shadowstar
Okay, AEBO. As some of you may know, I have been applying for a job. I'm at the interview stage, and they want me to submit an application now. This is a little weird, but I guess maybe it's because it's a Japanese company or something? (Kojima Productions LA! Woo, Metal Gear!) Anyways. They've asked me for three professional references, with the note "1-2 previous supervisors". My previous supervisors are pretty much dead (old people, bah) or working at my current company. What should I do with this? Should I just fill it up with people I've worked with? Should I contact the HR guy and ask him what to put down?
Ohmigosh, Kojima?! That's so exciting, good luck!
If you have space, I'd note their names and that they're deceased, and then maybe a number to the HR of the company you were working with? At least that way they have a contact number that will lead to someone who can confirm who they were and that you worked there.

Newbie Member

How long until a video game becomes an event at the Olympic games?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
kial trelis

That will likely never happen unless target shooting is done with lasers as opposed to bullets.

Newbie Member

Wizard Random Sempai
kial trelis

That will likely never happen unless target shooting is done with lasers as opposed to bullets.
Why not? Dota 2 has already made it to ESPN 2?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
kial trelis
Wizard Random Sempai
kial trelis

True, but I doubt the Olympics will allow it anytime soon.

Nostalgic Elder

kippy_sneeze
mcm
rosaleendhu
Kai LittleBlackSmith
The best pancakes are ...?
In mah belleh!

With legit Canadian maple syrup. >__>
And now I've ruined all syrup for you always. You'll glob on your maple-flavoured corn syrup and a little corner of your soul will wither and die in the memory of what could have been. @w@
emotion_donotwant Gross, Kippy. You're gonna make us all barf to death.
I git ma reeeal mapple seerups from Rice Lake, Wisconsin.

Nostalgic Elder

kippy_sneeze
Kai LittleBlackSmith
tamatown1
Do you like this song?
Lady Gaga - "Venus"
Dammit, Gaga! You've done it again!

Do YOU like THIS song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw
Steam Powered Giraffe for the win.
Not only is their music awesome, but the motions baffle me in the happiest way that I could study forever. <3
Odd thing is, I got hooked on their music because of a spammer on this thread.

Tipsy Inquisitor

kial trelis
Wizard Random Sempai
kial trelis

The Olympics has traditionally been physical feats of skill, rather than mental. It's the same reason there are chess tournaments but chess is not an Olympic event.

ESPN is a sports channel, though, and will go with whatever is garnering the most attention, IMO.

Tipsy Inquisitor

Kai LittleBlackSmith
kippy_sneeze
mcm
rosaleendhu
Kai LittleBlackSmith
The best pancakes are ...?
In mah belleh!

With legit Canadian maple syrup. >__>
And now I've ruined all syrup for you always. You'll glob on your maple-flavoured corn syrup and a little corner of your soul will wither and die in the memory of what could have been. @w@
emotion_donotwant Gross, Kippy. You're gonna make us all barf to death.
I git ma reeeal mapple seerups from Rice Lake, Wisconsin.
Hrm. Barf to death seems like a really good murder method, especially if I do it over the internet. How would they even know to connect four or five deaths, scattered around the country? >_>

This year I brought legit Quebec maple syrup to Tulsa(and was sad Wiz/Jen didn't stay long enough to partake) so now they all know what they're missing. It is the cruelest thing I could have possibly done to them.

Tipsy Inquisitor

So I think I may have fried the video card in my PC by trying to run dual monitors, and now it won't start up fully. (Or if it has, it's not showing anything)
Knowing almost nothing about what parts went into it, how can I go about diagnosing/replacing the parts?

Familiar Star

I just got... a bunch of gold from the slot machine thingie. What the heck just happened? Would it be helpful to give gold to the contest at this point?

Dedcadent Waffles

Shadowstar
I just got... a bunch of gold from the slot machine thingie. What the heck just happened? Would it be helpful to give gold to the contest at this point?
Me too. It must have finally updated to reflect the crazy inflation on the site.

Familiar Star

PegasusHime
Shadowstar
Me too. It must have finally updated to reflect the crazy inflation on the site.

Ah, that'd make some sense.

Nostalgic Elder

kippy_sneeze
So I think I may have fried the video card in my PC by trying to run dual monitors, and now it won't start up fully. (Or if it has, it's not showing anything)
Knowing almost nothing about what parts went into it, how can I go about diagnosing/replacing the parts?
Dapper Husband Tim
Ohhh...that'll be more than a short conversation.

Nostalgic Elder

Hey, Thread. It seems that everybody has been really busy this summer. So, what new with all of you?

Me? I went camping (big family event) and have been replacing sash cords and reglazing windows. Being productive is nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff