Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • Events
  • Manga

Mama Ame 's Partner

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
Features

Hello staff,

Liking the new platinum currency a lot. However, wanted to bring up a couple of areas that need tweaking... as they apparently did not get properly converted.

Purchasing a Trading Pass:
User Image

This used to cost 500g. Now it costs 500p. That seems a little steep for newbies to the site just to be able to trade with other users.

Guild Announcements:
User Image

My guild has 72,000 members. It used to cost 15,632g to send a guild announcement to every members' PM inbox. Now it costs 15,632p, which is frankly a sum that is equivalent to $32. Essentially, I am now unable to communicate with all my guild members about up-coming events.

If you would take the time to resolve these matters, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Fashionable Combatant

6,750 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
Games

will zOMG! be getting any NEW updates, such as a body for Lorelai and maybe a Halloween Event in game?

Beloved Shapeshifter

Features

Is that forum update that Lanzer mentioned here going to apply to guilds as well?

(Also thank you for the tip post button in guilds. It is handy to have.)

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
ADVERTISEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See all of the answers Gaia Staff have given in Ask the Staff!
Sorted by date and by subject!

ahora con traducciones / maintenant avec traductions / ora con traduzioni
Features/Tickets

It has now been over 3 months since Gaia said in this linked staff alert the help center would be changing providers. It specifically states "If you have an existing ticket that has not been replied to, we are in the process of trying to import that ticket data into our new system." My question is concerning that import. What is the status of old help center tickets? Have half or so been imported? Has the import even been started? Will there be another staff alert when all the old tickets has been placed in the Zendesk system? Would we be notified if this import isn't actually possible? I understand that in the same staff alert it says "If you wish to file a new ticket regarding your situation, we suggest that you do so so that you don't have to wait on export and be any further delayed." but I did not do so, as previously said in the alert they would be imported eventually. Did I make a mistake in trusting they would be imported? I didn't want to cause trouble, as I see mods and admins complaining about duplicate tickets often. I just trusted there to be some sort of overall update or transparency in this 131+ day extra extension on way more than just my ticket. And without access to that ticket, I can't file a new one as I was in the identity verification stage.
Features
Are you planning to add the smileys/emoticons from the Gaia Live Broadcast Chat
to places like the forums, the pm messages, the guilds and the other messaging
places on Gaia? That would really make talking more fun and colorful everywhere.
Features
In Lake Kindred, there is a feature to delete any of your kins. However, I'm afraid
that me and others use it to accidentally delete the wrong kins, because there is
no way to undo this. Therefore, would you consider making a final delete confirmation
feature or step (like a 4-digit Lake Kindred pin code) that the user types in before deleting
any kin? This will greatly reduce the chance of accidentally delete any kin.

Invisible Explorer

46,325 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Forum Junior 100
Features

Is it possible to get outfit slots 28 - 100 to be buy-able with gold and not just Gaia cash?
features: navbar

could you please return the HOME button back to the navbar it was a staple of gaia for so long and then basically one day it was gone. due to old management. many users still miss it and the script for it don't always load leaving us minus the home page nav button. it would be nice to restore that button so it looks like it did years ago when the staff truly cared about the community
you guys also used to have a community button that lead to special announcements. while its not so important to have that one back i would hope that someday gaia considers that too. its where the forum button is now
just hoping to see a little bit more of the old gaia return thats all

Adorable Lionheart

Featers (?): Flash Sales

Hi!
Most of the Gaians in Europe tend to miss the flash-sales due to the difference in the timezones. For collectors (like kin-collectors) it is frustrating to see, that the item one desires for months has been sold in the Cashshop while one was asleep. Often there are also no listings on the MP left the day after the flash sale. (i.e. happend to me with pixkit and Shi Hou and the Fafnir Splicing shards more than once) Could you consider that and apply suitable changes to the flash sales? (i.e. make them last 12 hours)
features: guilds
could we please get the recommend guild button back? we used to have it and after a while of searching online i found an old pic of what it looked like

User Image

i also took a screenshot of where im a crew member and after doing inspect element i found you do have room to put this back and theres still plenty of room for another button beyond that if you wanted it
granted im using a script that somewhat rearranged the buttons but it still shows that its possible to do

moderator nav bar
User Image

inspection area on opera browser
User Image

i blacked out certain details of the guild because i did not have the captains permission to use any screenshots but i left some details in place so you could tell its the navbar area

Quote:
i also have one other suggestion about the navbar. if you click on REPORT GUILD a message should first go to the captain about whats wrong. then if no changes are made or you would like a backup anyway it can still go to a mod. the mod could then message the owner to ask if any changes were made and if so do they have any screenshots or proof of changes. if so the problem is refereed back to the captain for additional help and if not then gaia mods can take whatever action they feel necessary from removing a pic to just a total shutdown of the guild but i still think it would be best if that navbar button could send a message first to the captain and then later on to the mods for follow up. as sometimes captains may be inexperienced and not understand something. it would help to teach users more responsibility on gaia about guilds

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
I just would like to request an arm pose/item where we can hold out a big bag filled with treats, so it looks like we scored majorly trick-or-treating and are STILL trick-or-treating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff