Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!

Thread will close on 10/11/2016 at 9:00am PDT!!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
ADVERTISEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See all of the answers Gaia Staff have given in Ask the Staff!
Sorted by date and by subject!

Powerful Mage

14,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Hygienic 200
Could you please tone down on the announcements please, I've been seeing a lot of announcements popping every time I go on Gaia online and It's starting to annoy me. So could you please tone it down. sad
1) Agree with above- need some kind of option to tone down the annoucements. Like an option to select a "once a day" digest.

2) How do I become a mod/will you pay me to be on Gaia xd
Only kidding a little...

EDIT: what if you can pay me in Gaia cash

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
  • Master Jew 500
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
General

What does Gaia have in the means of a server back-up for the site/user information?

God forbid a large earthquake hits lower California, or even some other unknown event,
what security does this site have for future stability? If you use cloud, do you know where
your back-up servers are located? (please say they are at least a few states away...)

Witch

11,225 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Features
(Avatar Builder)

Hello, I had two questions. (I fixed the post so question two is in a second reply.)
Each time I see a new item in the cash shop that I absolutely love, I go to the Avatar Builder to see if I could conjure up an outfit to match the item before buying it. However, Recently, Avatar builder has become a very rare sight to see.
After asking around, I was told several different reasons by the gaians I asked, but the answer I received the most was "Gaia takes it down so people Can't see and expose the new items before they come out"
This made me curious, so I'm asking, couldn't site tech / maintenance change the coding used for Avatar Builder so the new items are added after they release?

Witch

11,225 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Features
(Customize Character)

This would be the second question to my first post. I'm aware that gaians could simply use the changing room (Customize Avatar page) as a small alternative to the avatar builder, however, when somebody doesn't know the name of a specific item, they usually search up one of the easy tags (AE; Green, Legmod, armmod, boy, girl, ect) and are given a small choice of items before being told to search the marketplace for more. So my second question would have to be, why hasn't Gaia made things easier and added a "Next page" addition, allowing gaians to view more off of Customize Avatar search box?

Witch

11,225 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Pixelated_Rainbow
1) Agree with above- need some kind of option to tone down the annoucements. Like an option to select a "once a day" digest.

2) How do I become a mod/will you pay me to be on Gaia xd
Only kidding a little...

EDIT: what if you can pay me in Gaia cash

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for

2. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

(Not being bossy, Just wanting your questions to get answered.)

King Boog's Senpai

Skilled Trapper

Features

Why submit of project ticket take so much time to be answered?
(like my exemple, i send an email like 1 month and i have the 1st answer)
Tank you heart

Garbage

General - i guess
Why are you promoting sexual items and items to create nude avis? before you banned if there was slight nudity and now you're just making those items now.

i can't even use gaia anymore in the living room because everywhere all i see are just nude avis. it was fine at first, but now it's just everywhere. :/

Fashionable Vampire

Features

Is there a chance we can get an increase to the Ignore List? 500 can only so far if you factor in users who run Charity threads, etc.

Sensational Sex Symbol

23,175 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Sifen Yamishi
Features

Is there a chance we can get an increase to the Ignore List? 500 can only so far if you factor in users who run Charity threads, etc.

They don't have plans on adding to the cap, someone asked that question and it was answered during the questions. #only reason i know

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff