Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have been drawing for a few years now but I still can't get everything together properly, this is my latest drawing and one of my best but it is also missing several things and I wish to make it better, please help me and tell me what I can do to improve. I appreciate suggestions but criticism is not needed. Suggestions on shading are welcomed as well and ideas for filling negative space.

User Image
PM a mod to move this to Picture Post.
sry sweatdrop
Just read the rules before making a thread.
That, and cut off off about an inch from his chin. Yeesh.
her shin is too big.... and u can be better iff u use sketch before
And damn that's a horrible profile! If his head ends when his hair does, than you accidentally cut off about half of his brain. It's a common mistake when you don't know your anatomy, but it's making me cringe just looking at it. (I used to do it though, so I'm not just being mean)
Jon Juju
And damn that's a horrible profile! If his head ends when his hair does, than you accidentally cut off about half of his brain. It's a common mistake when you don't know your anatomy, but it's making me cringe just looking at it. (I used to do it though, so I'm not just being mean)

Time for you to get out of the Art Discussion.

Move this to the picture post.
You know, I really like the way the female came out, it looks like you work better on a smaller scale (I do too). Tip: you can really make the eyes pop if you make the outline on them darker than the rest of the eye. and think about making planning lines for the face, it'll give a better proportion.
Blue Jade
Jon Juju

Time for you to get out of the Art Discussion.

Move this to the picture post.

Someones already said that. Twice. The mods don't get on it right away. And while it's here, why not critique it?
Well i have a few suggestions............have you tried using an eboney pencil and a kneeded eraser those are really god for scetching and shading you can also try charcol and canty vran if you want they are both realitivly cheap.Also i think that his head is a bit to long if you need some help on proportions try www.howtodrawmanga.com and click tutorials that should help you out....you really need to work on the bodyy proportions is all but you are good.PM me if you want any help ok goog luck! biggrin
Your shading is quite good, for the most part. I like the picture.

You do have problems with proportions, though. The face in the background, for example, looks really flat. The girl in the foreground has short arms and a huge head. Practice some more, you are definitely on the right track. Spend some more time practicing faces from various angles. Really pay attention to the physical characteristics and proportions of faces.
it's a little bit weird redface ...the face is too thin... the nose is too small.. may be i'm wrong, but is what i think! .. your draw is a good one XD (it's a godd idea)
sweatdrop kiss
I like good shadeing and I love your technice but the guys hair sould of been out more cus the heads a bit biger then that, I mean no harm in saying this blaugh I super great tho thats was the only flaw whee
i looks ok

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces