Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Rogue

They just added Wii fit trainer to the Website and added a few pics, I think they only anounced it cause one of the megaman screenshots had her but was probably missed when uploaded because she is white on a white background
Okiinawaa
Nintendo realizes that more people enjoyed Brawl than they did Melee,

I don't think I can disagree. Brawl was hype as s**t, but that was because the work Melee did to popularize the smash bros franchise. When polled, despite most people going for whatever's new, especially in regards to multiplayer games, getting to play what their friends want to play, a lot of people still prefer melee and even in the casual areas people are torn between the two. I know I'm biased in my own personal taste, but I don't think this is as factual as you say. Publishers always see things differently, so who knows. I think plights about melee have to have been noted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

This video shows a lot more.

From what it shows, I can list a few thoughts.

-Bowser looks boring as ********. Some of his new things are interesting, but having a falcon/mario style up air is silly as ********. Bowser's old moveset and attributes made him a bad character, but he was still his own separate character. I don't know if this will still be the case. Project M has shown me just how stagnated characters can get and how Brawl and Melee were still okay about how they diversified, while everyone in Project M has short short hops, a lot has similar fall speeds to the status-quo.

-Having all characters have "slicing" particle affects on their attacks is just stupid. I don't care how "fast" sakurai wants to make the game "look", it's gonna be silly as ******** when a slow a** game makes a boot-kick have cutting affects with its particles. There's way better ways to approach things. It's pretty stupid.

-The focus on the subtle changes to samus is silly. I don''t know why they wasted time on explaining it. I like her new design, but I could go for her melee design. It's similar to how I feel about Iron Man from MvC2 and MvC3. His MvC3 appearence gives him a much skinnier and less impressive look. The melee appearence for samus, as well as brawl's, gave her a much more filled out and intimidating look than what she will appear as now.

-Pit looks anime as ******** now. I mean, he was before, but holy s**t those eyes. His new moves look okay. Why is Link still TP link instead of Skyward Sword Link?

-Animal Crosser is really interesting. I don't know how he will work, but he has interesting things to work with. I have no idea what his normals are. It looks like his bomb drop is his down tilt, but they've only ever shown him using it from a ledge. Surely they've tested that. God knows hoiw he plants trees, or even if trees are going to be useful with how interesting it is. However, one really intersting thing to note in this video's reveal of what he can do is the fact that when he reflects samus's missile, it barely sends her anywhere, but when he reflects her chargeshot, she ******** dies. This could be just high percents and missiles not meant to send anyone anywhere, at least homing. It could also be Crosser's GnW style's reflect damage buffing mechanics, but it could also reveal something about how percents work in this game.

-Megaman I didn't want to see. Any one of you who have raved about him so far has made me either scowl or hate my life a bit more. You're like a bunch of children who respond too easily to being given candy. You don't just trust the guy because he gave you a charleston chew. Megaman has turned out to be quite cool. Will he be low tier? With a lack of jabs and proper moves, probably from what I can tell. His ******** up usmash and dsmash disarming him after using them certainly doesn't help. But is he interesting? hell yeah he is. I didn't think it'd work, but more that I see of the character, the more I'm interested to have him in the game as opposed to a big no. However you sucks would just prefer to be fanserviced. Shame on all of you.

-WIIIII FIIITTT TRAINNNEER. I have no idea what to expect from this character. So little was shown about her that it's really hard to judge. her normals look a lot like sheiks, and that makes me happy. Her dash speed looks a bit low, and I don't know if her normals will be very coordinate-able. Her beach ball projectile is on Lucky Glauber level bad looking, but this is smash so who knows. Generic up B., meh. The most confusing move I saw by her is what I can only imagine is her utilt. I don't know how it'll work, since it seems to be forward. We might get extra moves, but nothing has been mentioned yet. Hopefully we'll get the famed back tilt.

-The last notable thing is the ffas shown at the end. A lot of hits seem to have little hitstun. I didn't mention it earlier to make a point, but the brawl trailer that we were first given had melee like hitstun in it, and we were only really given brawl hitstun when we got hands on practice with the game. We also haven't seen DI yet. It managed to get in brawl, so hopefully it stays. The matches do show a few things, but it's hard to pick up. Some moves seem to still give a decent amount of hitstun, while others barely any. It looks like it makes sense, and it's the most reliable thing we have so far, since everything else has been demonstrations rather than actual play.

Shy Rogue

I dont think there is any way to judge it as more like melee or brawl unless without really getting your hands on it. I am personally in love with the games aesthetics though, those vibrant colors look amazing.

Also can we get a list of the Stages and how gimmicky they are?
I saw:
- Dr. Wiley's Base (Definitly looks neutral so far, flat with a moving platform that moves along a track, I wonder if the clay monster thing is a hazard?)
- Smashville (It looks like it playes the same but with two moving platform)
- Spirit tracks train (not sure what to make of this yet)
- Battlefield (looks amazing btw)
- Skylloft (The new deflino Plaza)
- Stadium/wrestling ring (can you fall off?)
- whatever the hell that this is (nintendogs?)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- New Super Mario World
- Whatever this is
- There is a desert with a waterfall here. It looks like a canyon with a bridge between the river the waterfall drains into.0
and I cant find the screen with the waterfall but its that same stage as those too (ill post if I can find)
- Wii fit stage
well I don't know about you guys
but I have an new main
I thought of more.

-What irks me isn't so much the game looks and feels so much like brawl, but the fact that it does while Sakurai and development said they wanted the game to be different. Take this as a heed of what we can expect from Nintendo: we're seeing the same things over and over repeating in the franchises. New mechanics are introduced with the slapped on engines, and new mechanics make games feel a lot more similar with the same engine than vice versa, with old mechanics but new engines. You know, ie melee and brawl.
http://youtu.be/vQD1yJinzeQ?t=5m32s

Oh wow... Mario is at the ledge and his up b, which the sound clearly comes out for, doesn't spring him at all above it. Just super magnetic grab. Not even brawl was this bad with auto-grabbing the ledge.

Shy Rogue

Yes...the life...it breathes once more.

I have to say, Nintendo showed genius with that trailer in terms of the Villager. While everyone is still buzzing over AC, to start it off like that...I was completely amazed.
Mercain

Oh wow... Mario is at the ledge and his up b, which the sound clearly comes out for, doesn't spring him at all above it. Just super magnetic grab. Not even brawl was this bad with auto-grabbing the ledge.

WAIT A MINUTE WHILE I DOWNLOAD THIS AND PLAY IT BACK FRAME BY FRAME
Hyper Silence
Mercain

You have to? It releases the sound effect as well as a few frames of the up b animation.
wait.
you can play videos in slow motion now.
dude he totally used his UP-B before he grabbed it, i saw the animation.
Mercain
Hyper Silence
Mercain

You have to? It releases the sound effect as well as a few frames of the up b animation.

yeah but
nevermind. LOL.
NOW I WANT TO PLAY BRAWL
actually not really the feeling is lost now
Mercain

Comments on this:

Villager's ability to absorb attacks is going to be RIDICULOUS. It's essentially G&W's bucket and I'm really loving it.

Megaman's moveset is amazing. I love that they didn't take the focus from his megabuster. He's supposed to be a shooting, projectile character and they've kept true to that.

In general Megaman looks really unique and I think he's a perfect addition to the roster.

And Wii Fit trainer kinda ruined my day at first, but she doesn't look that bad either. It's random, it was unexpected, and I think in the end once people get passed the ridiculousness of the character, they'll come around.

Don't really have too many negatives, remember guys, it's not necessarily done, for all we know they could still have some technicalities to address. It's not supposed to be Brawl or Melee, as long as it keeps true to Smash Brothers Nintendo owns my wallet. Just one opinion.
oathkeeper005

- There is a desert with a waterfall here

I'm 85% sure that's a Fire Emblem Awakening stage

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces