Welcome to Gaia! ::

I knew what Wavedashing is... I bet half the people in here dont know what L-canceling is!! Or what the tier list is!! Or what a tier is....meh...
Jebus H. Chrisp...I'm becoming almost as irritated about this as Kilik-Sama does about people mispelling 'Soul Calibur'.

Characters that have NOTHING to do with Nintendo, that is, characters who have NOT been declared as NINTENDO-MADE characters, have NO place WHATSOEVER in a SUPER SMASH BROS. game.

Please, start coming up with some true-to-game suggestions. Along the lines of Poo, from Earthbound, Lanky Kong, from Donkey Kong 64, Wario, or even King Boo.

Please people, for MY sake, don't post anything along the lines of SONIC, Final Fantasy characters (this means you...FFF's ((Final Fantasy Fanboys/girls)) and is a BIG no-no), some random character such as Viewtiful Joe, or even characters from other fighting games, like Ryu, Ken, Iori, Ky Kiske, Voldo (sorry Chuck), or any other character, from any other game that isn't NINTENDO-MADE.

And, as Nintendo only truthfully have a select number of games made and published by themselves, it's going to be pretty easy to guess which characters have and have not been thought about.

Thank you. And please, think of the children.
Huitzilopili
Thank you so very much for this topic.

I was getting SO sick of all the new SSBM topic popping up every day.

In short, praise jah! xd

Anyway, to keep this from being spammy:

I'd say that SSBM is better. It's kinda like an expansion set for SSB, ya'know?

My favorite character is Marth. So s3x3h in that white costume. I'm best with Captain Falcon...whom I find to be hugely underrated. I wish I was good with Luigi (because there's nothing more humiliating than losing to Gay Luigi, aka Luigi in pink. xp )

Unlockable character?...Luigi.

the Crazy Hand owns...and is so easy. Oh well. He's cool, what with his neurotic-ness. Powah to the lefties!

Favourite stage, eh?...Brinstar Depths, or Icicle Mountain. Just because everyone complains when I pick 'em. My favourite item is the Flipper. I've spiked so many people with it... whee

In the next game? Heh...I'm afraid of what other people are going to say, but I'll add in my 2 cents anyway. I say that Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Princess Ruto, Darunia, Dixie OR Diddy Kong, they're equally cool, but having them both would be a waste of space IMO. I can't really go wild with suggestions here, because I don't know what Nintendo owns rights to and what they don't.
i like your hat its huge smile
Daxmort
Again, thank you! crying It's about time we saw a SSB thread...no more stupid amounts of SSB posts...whee... whee

Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?: I'd say SSBM, IMO. I've never actually owned SSB, but I have played it many times. I'd say that the graphics are better, more modes, extra stuff to do, more items/weapons, as well as characters and levels make the game better, and it still has the original multiplayer fun of the first game.

Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?: That would be a yes. The point of the game is to hit your opponent as many times as you can, trying to get their damage up as high as possible. It's like SF in reverse. Instead of lowering health, raise damage. It works extremely well, and doesn't mean that if you get hit enough times, you die. However, there is a HP mode on SSBM anyway.

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?: My favourite character would be Kirby, as well as being my best, however I am also quite good with Shiek (I think I spelt it right...), as well as Mario and Ness. I win quite frequently, but I've never beaten one of my friends, his family are SSB-PWNZ3R5. I get my a** kicked, whether it's by his little sister, little brother, my friend himself, or his older brother. But I'm not bad against others. 3nodding

What's the best unlockable character?: Uh...let's see...I don't know really, because at a certain point, half the characters become re-makes of a certain other character. E.g. Marth=Roy. Cpt. Falcon=Gannondorf. Fox=Falco. I'd have to say MewTwo.

What's your favourite special boss?: I like the Crazy/Master Hands, but I also like Giga Bowser...not that I've ever fought him, he just looks extremely cool.

What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?: Favourite stage: Hyrule Castle/Dream Fountain/Mushroom Kingdom. (That one with the Mario theme tune.) My favourite item/weapon is the Mushroom, as well as the Hammer (obviously whee ), also the Pokeball. But Mr. Saturn's cool too! 3nodding

What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?: For the next game...I'd say...a character from F-Zero, such as Samurai Goroh, or the Red Gazelle...as well as Wario, and perhaps, maybe Poo, from Earthbound. It should be on the next Nintendo console, it'll look much more impressive, and it's a good way of marketing the next console. sweatdrop
i love your cape
heart
Sigh all i can say is many nights of lost childhood. I love you, ssmb
Mattiu
I personally don't find wavedashing very important. I just don't use it much.

Oh yes, it is very important. Let's say you're Marth. Marth's dash attacks are very short-ranged and aren't as strong. Rather than that, you can wavedash and smash-right/left, or wavedash block-throw.

In other words, rather than the dash attack, it would be a smash attack or a throw, which is more effective. Also, you can also take the edge with the wavedash. =)
I love SSBM I play it everyday. My favorite characters are Ness and Link but, I am better with Link.
Luigi, Marth, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo and Roy have the longest Wavedashes...the Princesses have the shortest Wavedashes. Its really quite useful.... anyways shinryuu v.2 what char. do you use? You seem like a very skilled player. And...noone ever answed my ? do you now how to L-cancel?
XenoSephiroth
Luigi, Marth, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo and Roy have the longest Wavedashes...the Princesses have the shortest Wavedashes. Its really quite useful.... anyways shinryuu v.2 what char. do you use? You seem like a very skilled player. And...noone ever answed my ? do you now how to L-cancel?

I use Peach, Falco, and Dr. Mario (though I should use Marth, the best character in the game because of his range, edge guarding, and so on. -.-). It's a weird character selection, but I do best with Falco. Peach and Dr. Mario are just characters I play around with. I love using Peach though. She's just fun to use because she's an aerial-type character, and has the best forward throw.

Basically, L-Canceling is when fall to the ground (after getting hit) and press L, R, or Z to 'cancel it'. It makes it faster to get up rather than rolling or jumping off the ground. Kinda hard to explain, but yes, that's what it is.
shinryuu v.2
XenoSephiroth

I use Peach, Falco, and Dr. Mario (though I should use Marth, the best character in the game because of his range, edge guarding, and so on. -.-). It's a weird character selection, but I do best with Falco. Peach and Dr. Mario are just characters I play around with. I love using Peach though. She's just fun to use because she's an aerial-type character, and has the best forward throw.

Basically, L-Canceling is when fall to the ground (after getting hit) and press L, R, or Z to 'cancel it'. It makes it faster to get up rather than rolling or jumping off the ground. Kinda hard to explain, but yes, that's what it is.

Actually, Sheik is the best in the game....here is the list of characters from best to worst...and this isnt my opinion it is a fact...

Shiek
Fox
Marth

Upper
Falco
Peach
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff

High
Gannondorf
Mario
Dr. Mario
Luigi

Mid
Link
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Roy
Zelda
Young Link
Yoshi

Lower
Ness
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Mr. Game and Watch
Mewtwo

Bottom
Bowser
Pichu

Reasons Sheik is the best: Fast, Juggling abilitys, can chain grab most characters, good finishing moves
i am best with roy because he is fairly strong and i can dodge well and im accually pretty good at the game
Sheik, eh? Go to the any SSBM forums. Most of them will tell you that Marth is the best. Sheik is definately good, but hard to use than any other character. At least to me he is. Fox greater than Marth? Gah. I'm not sure about your list. >=D Hehehe.
go here...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=c624acbd2bb43a3066dcd9433463c3df&threadid=34838

or goto qwester.supersheep.org and click on the Tier FAQ

what SSBM forums do you goto?
Oh gosh, tiers! I don't believe in tiers. x_x; Gah.

I go to GameFAQs. I used to go to other ones, but I forgot the links. Qwester's FAQs are the best. I was looking for them like, last month. Poop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff