Welcome to Gaia! ::

RavenCloak
Ragnarok Ninja X
Staying there and shooting Homing Missiles is a bad plan, I could just 'deek' them all with Roy (Sword Slaaaaaash. :3)

Agreed. I can dodge missiles with Ganon. After that, it's a up throw, then a B-up.

lol, I like jumping and using A to attack better. It doesn't leave you vulnerable after.
Which is better: Melee
Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game? : Yes
fave character: Marth - Best protecter.
What character are you best with?: Marth - But I know Shiek is the best in the game... <Sgh>
How good are you?: Very good, but not as good as my girlfriend. <Sigh>
What's the best unlockable character: Marth
What's your favourite special boss?: Giga Bowser
What's your favourite stage?: Final Destination - Nice and simple.
What's your favourite item?: None - I choose whatever Katana uses.
What characters should be in the next game?: As many people as posible.
Which console should it be on?: Gamecube
Which is better: Melee
Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game? : yes
fave character: Jigglypuff
What character are you best with?: fox/jigglypuff
How good are you?: 2nd-3rd best in my community but it depeds on what kinmd of game(we always play the same thing)
What's the best unlockable character: Jigglypuff
What's your favourite special boss?: Giant kirby?
What's your favourite stage?: hyrule (It's huge!!)
What's your favourite item?: motion censor/Bob-omb
What characters should be in the next game?: paper mario/sonic & the rest
Which console should it be on?: gamboy DS,or GCN
Why jigglypuff is good:
Good costume not just changing color
Rest and rollout are so powerful(and cool)
and he/she floats around, good for dodging and getting back to the stage
You may think he/she is not that good but you haven't played a well trained expert yet. ninja
Razer-z
Why jigglypuff is good:
Good costume not just changing color
Rest and rollout are so powerful(and cool)
and he/she floats around, good for dodging and getting back to the stage
You may think he/she is not that good but you haven't played a well trained expert yet. ninja
I AGREE! specially since i kinda started the whole jigglypuff theorem. Since we both play jiggly with the same style, i agree. We still aren't sure whose better 1v1
Does anyone have any tips for wavedashing?

If you don't know it's (while holding down left or down right) a reapeted jump and air dodge to move while dodging.

And the missle thing is only good if the other two players are duking it out at the other side of the map
My favorite character is Samus
Razer-z
Does anyone have any tips for wavedashing?

If you don't know it's (while holding down left or down right) a reapeted jump and air dodge to move while dodging.

And the missle thing is only good if the other two players are duking it out at the other side of the map

I know, it's good with marth.
it's more of a team tatic. any way it's much more thick than that. anyway i usually play as marth any way. i only do that when i'm bored.
oni_fire_demon
it's more of a team tatic. any way it's much more thick than that. anyway i usually play as marth any way. i only do that when i'm bored.

no...not really...you friend there is getting owned while all you do is dmg the others? no, not good. it's better fighting as a team, it's way better, nothing good can come out of sniping from away. me and my friend like to play together, if we,re together, at the same spot, we do combos like we've never done before.
Wave dashing is okay and all, but you can get by without. For reference, Luigi is the best wave dasher, due to having the crappiest traction in the game (the worse the traction, the faster and farther it goes). To see how fast and far a wave dash can go with "the dork" (inside joke), use the Luigi Cyclone (down + B) and move forward with it (yes, you can travel on the ground with it... makes for a good suprise attack, actually). The Luigi Cyclone goes as far and as fast as his wave dash (well... aproximately).

On a side note, yes, Jigglypuff is a very good character... but in my opinion, any character is very good in the right hands. There is one thing, though... do not rely on the power moves. Rest can cost you if whiffed and Rollout can also leave you open or warrent you a fatal mistake if misused (for example, flying right off a platform and missing the rest of the stage... or hitting it and falling down a hole due to the inability of recovery). However, you'd be suprised how I've been off the screen in the "magnifying glass" and launched a Rollout as a recovery move as well as a suprise-kill. Not many people expect you to come in from out of nowhere as a flying ball of power. Just aim so you land on the stage... preferably not near the edge... since someone will probably be camping there.

Yeah... in my opinion, edge guarders are like campers in first-person shooters. Personally, I call it dirty fighting... Go ahead in tournaments where you're actually playing for a prize or money, but in friendly competition with friends, it's just not cool.
Ryan_SilverFox
Wave dashing is okay and all, but you can get by without. For reference, Luigi is the best wave dasher, due to having the crappiest traction in the game (the worse the traction, the faster and farther it goes). To see how fast and far a wave dash can go with "the dork" (inside joke), use the Luigi Cyclone (down + B) and move forward with it (yes, you can travel on the ground with it... makes for a good suprise attack, actually). The Luigi Cyclone goes as far and as fast as his wave dash (well... aproximately).

On a side note, yes, Jigglypuff is a very good character... but in my opinion, any character is very good in the right hands. There is one thing, though... do not rely on the power moves. Rest can cost you if whiffed and Rollout can also leave you open or warrent you a fatal mistake if misused (for example, flying right off a platform and missing the rest of the stage... or hitting it and falling down a hole due to the inability of recovery). However, you'd be suprised how I've been off the screen in the "magnifying glass" and launched a Rollout as a recovery move as well as a suprise-kill. Not many people expect you to come in from out of nowhere as a flying ball of power. Just aim so you land on the stage... preferably not near the edge... since someone will probably be camping there.

Yeah... in my opinion, edge guarders are like campers in first-person shooters. Personally, I call it dirty fighting... Go ahead in tournaments where you're actually playing for a prize or money, but in friendly competition with friends, it's just not cool.

actually...you can wavedash with everyone. make a jump and right after the jump, press R or L+forward or back and your character is gonna slide on the ground. I don't think Luigi's B+Up is wavedashing anyway.
Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?

Definately Super Smash Brothers Melee... there are so much more characters and you can customise the battles really well, the stages are good and the trophy collecting part is an interesting factor.

Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?

I'm not sure... It's like an action game... sweatdrop Dunno know how to describe it...

What's your favourite character? How good are you?

My fav character is Sheik ^-^ I love her darts, they may not be powerful but they are great for stopping other players moves. As for how good I am, I wouldnt exactly say im fantastic but i'll put up a good fight!

What's the best unlockable character?

The best unlockable I think is Marth. He's really good ^-^ Roy is good too, I actually haved recently played Fire Emblem in which Roy's father is one of the main characters - I so thought it was Roy, same stance and everything!

What's your favourite special boss?

I liked Crazy Hand! He was a nice change to the regular hand!

What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?

My fav stage is Mute City ^-^ It's such a laugh trying to get on the little platform before it leaves without you! And funnily enough, my fav weapon is the Parasol! ^-^ I've killed many a player with my trusty Parasol

What characters should be in the next game?

Hmmmm... I don't know really... As many as possible! ^-^
Andy20019

actually...you can wavedash with everyone. make a jump and right after the jump, press R or L+forward or back and your character is gonna slide on the ground. I don't think Luigi's B+Up is wavedashing anyway.

Uh... yeah, I know everyone can wave dash... I said Luigi is the best to do it. Other good wave dashers are Mewtwo and Ganondorf (who I've heard moves faster than his running speed when doing it). As for his Luigi Cyclone (Sorry, that's B + Down, not up), no, it's not wave dashing... but it does move as far and as fast as Luigi's wave dash. If you want to see how fast and far Luigi's wave dash goes without actually doing it, use Luigi Cyclone.

That clear it up a bit better? 3nodding
Ryan_SilverFox
Andy20019

Uh... yeah, I know everyone can wave dash... I said Luigi is the best to do it. Other good wave dashers are Mewtwo and Ganondorf (who I've heard moves faster than his running speed when doing it). As for his Luigi Cyclone (Sorry, that's B + Down, not up), no, it's not wave dashing... but it does move as far and as fast as Luigi's wave dash. If you want to see how fast and far Luigi's wave dash goes without actually doing it, use Luigi Cyclone.

That clear it up a bit better? 3nodding

oh, sry, yeah, thats what I meant, B+Down, it's just I'm too used to link and spinning means b+up to me most of the time lol. actually, I didn't really know luigi's tornado was wavedashing. thx for clearing it up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff