Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Which is better: Super Smash Brothers or Super Smash Brothers Melee?
Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game?
What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?
What's the best unlockable character?
What's your favourite special boss?
What's your favourite stage? What's your favourite item?
What characters should be in the next game? Which console should it be on?  

Super smash bros. meele.
Yes.
Marth.
Marth.
Above average.
Marth.
Crazy hand.
The Hyrule Temple.
Bom-oms.
Some one from Phantsy Star Online.
PS2 it's all about PS2.
Mattiu
Ryan_SilverFox
Ah, Jigglypuff... what can you say about it? It's got some NASTY moves... like Rollout and Rest. Both have distinctive weaknesses, so don't rely on them. Jig and Mewtwo also have the strongest upwards throws in the game. If you try All Star Mode on Very Easy, you'll learn that you can pretty much beat the entire game using one up throw (sometimes 2) on each opponent you come accross. Jiggly's underrated if you don't include Rest. Even without that move, the balloon Pokémon is still a tough fighter and an aerial artist. I stomped a friend playing as Link with Jigglypuff. He was amazed that he couldn't land many successful hits.

Ok first of all, in a heated competition (with atleast semi-decent players), when are you EVER going to get a chance to use rest. I know with competitions between my own friends we are to a level where I never have a chance. Rest is a useless move and drags away from Jigglypuff's abilities. Same with rollout (which I sometimes use for recovery). A simple jump, dodge, or project (fireball, plasma ball, missile, arrow) can stop a fully charged roll out (and what opponent would actually let you complete charging the roll-out. I know I wouldn't). Another thing, you say her up throw's good? Sure it sends them up high but is no where comparable to Ness's back throw, or some other throws which are equally good and better. Jigglypuff's up throw is only good for combo attack's such as throw up, mid air tap a, forward a, wavedash back (assuming you know what wavedashing is), forward smash.

You can link Rest after an up or down throw (depending on damage), if you're quick enough and I think some normals can link into it, although that could be just SSB1. If you're fast enough, you can jump in and get them after a whiffed smash attack during their recovery time. Remember, rest is almost instantanious.

Remember, you can redirect rollout, and connect on little/no charge if you turn fast enough but I don't like using it as a move, and prefer to use normals. Rollout doesn't see much use with me though, because it has bad recovery and doesn't do much for you.
Gah...my SSB rival came round yesterday...one of the unbeatable family of SSB players.

I only lost by two lives this time. sweatdrop
Hah! I'd like to play your rival, Dax...I'm the "unbeatable" one 'round these perts. (although he'd probably kick my a**... crying )

Oh well.

I started using Game&Watch...I have a long way to go xd . He's pretty cool, but I still kick so much more a** with Captain Falcon. Oh well...I'm workin' on it. Damn, his Down+A (not smash) is good...launches them straight up in the air quite a bit. Too bad his aerial Up+A isn't that great.
Huitzilopili
Hah! I'd like to play your rival, Dax...I'm the "unbeatable" one 'round these perts. (although he'd probably kick my a**... crying )

Oh well.

I started using Game&Watch...I have a long way to go xd . He's pretty cool, but I still kick so much more a** with Captain Falcon. Oh well...I'm workin' on it. Damn, his Down+A (not smash) is good...launches them straight up in the air quite a bit. Too bad his aerial Up+A isn't that great.

Heheh. I tried playing as Ness for a while instead of Kirby, but I sucked. sweatdrop

My brother definatly has gotten better playing as MewTwo, both my rival (from now on known as Phil) had trouble beating him playing a three-for-all. (And yes, this is my new term for a three-way non-team match...just because I'm insane like that.)
Quote:
You can link Rest after an up or down throw (depending on damage), if you're quick enough and I think some normals can link into it, although that could be just SSB1. If you're fast enough, you can jump in and get them after a whiffed smash attack during their recovery time. Remember, rest is almost instantanious.

Remember, you can redirect rollout, and connect on little/no charge if you turn fast enough but I don't like using it as a move, and prefer to use normals. Rollout doesn't see much use with me though, because it has bad recovery and doesn't do much for you.

I have never tried using rest after my throws, mostly because I don't get many chances to use throws, and also on the fact that you have to be in the center of an opponent to use rest. The timing has to be perfect. Also on that smash attack idea, it would never work with my friends. They use L-canceling th thwart recovery and on a side note I don't get many chances to smash (mostly likely it would miss as my friends constantly use dodging, shielding, jumping etc.) Plus if I miss the rest (most likely because, once again, my friends are CONSTANTLY moving) it gives them a chance to do a charge attack, combo, or smash attack. The only time I use Rest is if I have Screw Ball (screw ball jump them then down b fast enouhg and it works), or if I'm over a part of a stage that can be destroyed (blocks in Mario's level, or blocks in kirby's level) you can down throw them then quickly press down B
Yea, you were telling me about that...

I think it's a good idea to at least try to become skilled with all the characters, or at least multiple characters...that way, when you're facing people who use those characters, you have a better idea of what they can or cannot do.
What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you?

I liked SSBM better, very realistic graphics, and better characters. o:

It's sort of a fighting game.. also action at the same time, but it should be classified as a fighting game.

My favourite character is Roy, I'm also best with Roy, I can beat 3 level 9's on teams. O:

The best unlockable character is Roy. XD

Giga Bowser is the best Special Boss.

My favourite stage is Corneria/Hyrule Temple.
My favourite item are the Bunny Ears!
King Dee Dee/Diddy Kong.
It should stay with Nintendo, or else it would be classified as Copyright. -.-

Distinct Member

I like SSBM. it has better grafics

Is SSB/SSBM really a fighting game? uummm...maybe...

What's your favourite character? What character are you best with? How good are you? Link, Link, Pretty good.

What's the best unlockable character? Young Link

What's your favourite special boss? umm...i dunno...

What's your favourite stage? Hyrule and Great Bay

What's your favourite item? Beam sword

What characters should be in the next game? Link, Hiei, Kurama, all the dudes from Yu Yu Hakusho. blaugh

Which console should it be on? ALL!!! twisted
Which is better: SSBM better gameplay
is it a fighting game:yes
fav character:Roy
Best: Roy
Best Unlock:Roy
favorite boss: The left and right hand
fav stage: Hyrule Temple
fav item: none hate items
characters in future game: All plus more from game titles from Nintendo such as Eliwood and Hector or Lyndis from Fire Emblem
Beramode

ssbm
fav character is fox his laser rocks
im best with young link
i rule with him i can beat a team of 3 level 9 kirbys
young link best unlockable character
crazy hand and master hand stage thing its hard but i can beat it after awile
fav stage is rainbow carpet stage
fav item is bunny ear cuz wit link or young link u go really high wen u jump and hit down b or a cant remember and he dus that down sord move

super smash brothers
fav character kirby
best character kirby
i rule altho ive heard theymade kirby almost invincible on that game
cant really remember who u could unlock i can only remember jigglypuff and i was good wit her
fav boss master hand was pretty much it then
stage kongo jungle stage
item beam sord if i had kirby wit samus and beam sord i ruled!

characters i would like 2 c in the new game perhaps he best would b gon gon from super monkeyball and he has like a 3d break the targets and it would b cool 2 c it in 3d this time
My fav character would have to be *thinks* Roy.
i just played it like a hour ago i made up a little something called bomb fest 2. put motion senser bombs and when i steped on one i went to the other than the other untill maroi blew away in ashs and by the way bump
spikemaster
i just played it like a hour ago i made up a little something called bomb fest 2. put motion senser bombs and when i steped on one i went to the other than the other untill maroi blew away in ashs and by the way bump

First of all, please make sense.

Second of all, this is a sticky. It doesn't need bumping.
Sanga-San
My fav character would have to be *thinks* Roy.
Cool....Mines is Marth..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces