Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Mangled Masterpiece
This is ridiculous.

Screw getting my tubes tied. I'm thinking of removing my own uterus. If I bleed to death, ******** it. I'd rather die than be a mother.

I'm tired of people trying to take away my rights to not be a baby-making-machine.

Amen to that..

I certainly don't advocate that women be punished with pregnancy (and everything that comes with that, especially the medical implications from the risks) but I think it's even more wrong that the same people who are against murder are also the facilitators of it by advocating that you should have a certain amount of offspring before being allowed to have surgery to prevent reproductive functions!

Why does the doctor have the right to say you need to have kids before **snip snip**?

I'd rather squash, maim, chop my balls to prevent bringing a life into the world that I reject, ignore and neglect. I'm sure plenty of people agree that reproduction is a right just like it's a choice.
He makes me sick.

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
[M.S.T]
The Mangled Masterpiece
This is ridiculous.

Screw getting my tubes tied. I'm thinking of removing my own uterus. If I bleed to death, ******** it. I'd rather die than be a mother.

I'm tired of people trying to take away my rights to not be a baby-making-machine.

Amen to that..

I certainly don't advocate that women be punished with pregnancy (and everything that comes with that, especially the medical implications from the risks) but I think it's even more wrong that the same people who are against murder are also the facilitators of it by advocating that you should have a certain amount of offspring before being allowed to have surgery to prevent reproductive functions!

Why does the doctor have the right to say you need to have kids before **snip snip**?

I'd rather squash, maim, chop my balls to prevent bringing a life into the world that I reject, ignore and neglect. I'm sure plenty of people agree that reproduction is a right just like it's a choice.

The sad thing is, if we express to doctor's that we feel this strongly by mentioning self-mutilation, they're not going to do s**t for you. It's either keep my cool while some condescending a*****e explains to me that I am an incubator, or tell them I'll take matters into my own hands, and be written off as insane.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Mangled Masterpiece
The sad thing is, if we express to doctor's that we feel this strongly by mentioning self-mutilation, they're not going to do s**t for you. It's either keep my cool while some condescending a*****e explains to me that I am an incubator, or tell them I'll take matters into my own hands, and be written off as insane.

That's no lie..

Suddenly it's like the Practicing Medical Surgeon turns into a Practicing Psychotherapist.

Next thing you know it you're feeling like you made a confession to a Priest instead of seeking medical intervention.
I don't even know how some people fathom that their job is to give advice when it's not a pre-cursor of extreme importance. Such as advising risks that may otherwise change your mind..

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
[M.S.T]
The Mangled Masterpiece

That's no lie..

Suddenly it's like the Practicing Medical Surgeon turns into a Practicing Psychotherapist.

Next thing you know it you're feeling like you made a confession to a Priest instead of seeking medical intervention.
I don't even know how some people fathom that their job is to give advice when it's not a pre-cursor of extreme importance. Such as advising risks that may otherwise change your mind..

One day I'm going to ask these knuckleheads, "How's this for a risk? Eventually all of these abortions are either going to kill me or damage me anyway. If I am forced to carry a pregnancy to term, either because some a*****e made abortion illegal or because one more would ******** kill me and nobody would perform it, I'll be absolutely horrified with what I see in the mirror and I will refuse to live in a distorted body for one more minute. Then when I have the child (if I don't commit suicide first), I might beat it to death for making me suffer and become hideous."

"Or you can tie my tubes."

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kowaii Blue Bomber
I'm not breaking down your post. It takes too long, and I'm not nearly interested enough in this argument to take the time to do it. Hope you can deal with bullet points.

I know. Your interest is quite obvious. Hence why you didn't even understand the position in the first place and quite frankly... You still don't. rolleyes

Quote:
-I'm not reading the whole article, but it's just about some guy who uses technology to make music? Who gives a ********]

Who gives a--- Whaaaaat? gonk
Aren't you the one arguing for human rights?
The purpose of me making my joke was to advocate how I understand the fight for human rights in many more ways than just personal opinion.
Don't be so dense about this.. You're making more appeal to popularity than to truth.

Quote:
-The pilot has to fly the plane, someone has to help him navigate, a crew needs to make sure the airways are safe, a person still needs to deliver the goods to the ariport and someone else still needs to load those goods onto the actual plane, and speaking of the airport we have people working there to screen the packages, maintain the facility, etc etc etc jobs jobs jobs.

In each one of those examples, a machine can be made sophisticated enough to take the place of a human operator/controller.
The American Military has made good use of such automated machines to devote more human energy into the execution of critical commands that we, as a race, just can't yet trust to a machine to decide for us.

Quote:
The point I'm trying to make here is...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That you're an Apple Fan-Girl who cried when Steve Jobs died?
That's your point? xd

He was a genius business entrepreneur and a skilled computer software engineer who was so unique he took his empire to great heights.
And yet he's created a brand that resembles Pseudo-Nazi Fascism in the gadgetry world that's unparalleled, in the opinion of many. Great brand in my opinion, bad example in this case.

Quote:
-If the machine requires repair, that requires someone with a job to repair it.

That brings two things to my mind.

1.) That's given the repair costs less than replacement.
2.) That's given an automated system can't do the repairs.

Does this equate to humans are only good for grunt work?

Quote:
-So I should let that person's possible misfortune affect my convenience? Not having that. We're not going to halt the advancement of technology just for the benefit of a few people.

cry Ohhhh man.. People being able to scrape up a measely pay to not starve or freeze to death in the cold is not nearly as important as your growing need for luxurious convenience.
Bah Hum-Bug!
I sure hate those pesky bottom-feeders who aren't smarter than a damned computer. mad

Quote:
I know it was a joke, I just didn't get it. I would hate being an accountant.
I don't even remember what your stance on abortion was.

Well somewhere in the hundreds of pages of this thread, my original post lurks. Probably at the bottom of the Atlantic sea is your best chance of finding it. xp

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Mangled Masterpiece
One day I'm going to ask these knuckleheads, "How's this for a risk? Eventually all of these abortions are either going to kill me or damage me anyway. If I am forced to carry a pregnancy to term, either because some a*****e made abortion illegal or because one more would ******** kill me and nobody would perform it, I'll be absolutely horrified with what I see in the mirror and I will refuse to live in a distorted body for one more minute. Then when I have the child (if I don't commit suicide first), I might beat it to death for making me suffer and become hideous."

"Or you can tie my tubes."

Man, I hate when Pro-Life become Pro-Punish.

I myself sympathize with those who don't want to rely on abortion but I can't sympathize with those who rely on condemnation to satisfy their fanaticism.

I know my family cringes when I say I'm personally Pro-Life but Politically Pro-Choice.
And I don't vote based on evangelical opinions.. That's an abhorrent act of persecution. Those aren't real Christians who advocate that.. There's nothing Christian about it even when it's directed towards another Christian.
I say any Christian who says that doesn't even realize how much they pull out of their a** that isn't actually in the Bible.

Jeeze.. At least they could admit they just have a personal vendetta against anyone who disagrees with their personal opinions.

Familiar Phantom

Anti-abortion ads encourage me to reconsider, not that I'm pregnant, but if I were I'd have an abortion. It brings the risks involved into light, and makes me a little scared of the idea.
I often wish I had been born when eugenics were still in practice, seeing my family history, I would've been sterilized the moment I set foot in any medical establishment.
Any how, prevention is key. I'm currently looking for a doctor that will tie my tubes despite my being nineteen.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kowaii Blue Bomber
- I don't really care to, either.

I know. That's why your ammo consists of blanks. You like intellectual masturbation. rolleyes

Quote:
- When did I say anything about human rights?

When you made this thread. You asserted a deduction of what you view to be human rights. That's where ALL of this traces back to.
Though I should also consider you really have no clue what you're getting at except ranting and raving for the sake of curing boredom with conversation of controversy.

Quote:
-Show me an example of this technology, and then show me a way that it can be mass produced and made affordable enough to suit the needs of businesses across America.

All examples I gave, you ignore. You are indignant towards what is said but even more audacious to be completely ignorant to respond with anything but profanity.
Why should I obey your command for a wild goose chase as if you will even care when I throw the wild goose at your feet to eat?

Then again.. Why am I making this so convenient for you by actually doing the hunting? I feel like we're playing Duck Hunt and your the laughing dog, except for you're holding the gun and not even firing---!! xd

Quote:
-Guy, that doesn't own any apple products and didn't really care when Steve Jobs died. That was the joke/point. JOBS.

My MacBook isn't made by Apple? Those damn Mexican Counterfeiters at the Online Apple Store!! Damnit I knew it was too good to be true when nothing broke after five years!!
And I cried. Tears of flippin Joy that the man saw something beautiful! "Oh Wow, Oh Wow" blaugh
Kidding. I didn't cry. But it did inspire me. wink
And sorry I didn't get your joke. I guess I forgot you really can have a point to be made despite lacking the ability to make it.

Quote:
-Given that you're talking about incredibly sophisticated machines that are capable of taking jobs away from every working American, yes, I'd say repair is less costly than replacement.

You aren't too tech savvy are you? Knowing how to operate iOS doesn't count.

Component parts are a thing of the past for computers; that was what made repairs effective. That's why you can't just break open your laptop and replace things like you can in most desktops. It's also the reason why that goes for small gadgets like cell phones and mp3 players.
They make everything into a single component so that it costs less to produce the device the first time around. That's why things are getting smaller, more compact with more features with each generation of devices released. That's why computers used to rely on vacuum tubes and eventually moved to silicone boards.
Haven't you ever wondered why computers used to take up entire rooms and could not perform calculations as fast as some of today's handheld scientific calculators?
Don't you even remember when flat-panel TV's only existed on Star Trek episodes??

Whatever delusion you are having that is preventing you from seeing that the technologies we know of right in front of us are not even the tip of the iceburg of what's been developed, I want some too. It sounds like you are on some good s**t there. What do they call it? Third-Eye Stoners-Suprirse?

Quote:
I never said that humans are only good for grunt work, we have to invent these machines, remember?

Why would I remember this? Psssssshhhhhaaaw girl... rolleyes
It's not like I'm the one advocating these machines are already coming into existence or something.

Quote:
-Nope, unless I know them personally I really don't care about their misfortunes.

I get this feeling you would purposely keep it that way so you don't have to worry about loosing your luxuries.
Not saying it's absolute, just my intuition suggesting something I'm trying to decipher on the left side of my brain. 3nodding

Familiar Phantom

Kowaii Blue Bomber
FollyTTW
Anti-abortion ads encourage me to reconsider, not that I'm pregnant, but if I were I'd have an abortion. It brings the risks involved into light, and makes me a little scared of the idea.
I often wish I had been born when eugenics were still in practice, seeing my family history, I would've been sterilized the moment I set foot in any medical establishment.
Any how, prevention is key. I'm currently looking for a doctor that will tie my tubes despite my being nineteen.
Someone was just discussing that here xd
Apparently doctors won't do it because they're convinced that you're too young to fully understand the glory of having a child rolleyes

I've actually found a fair amount of women my age who've had the surgery done. Hope is not lost!
Granted, the majority of them have already had children, I might be able to get by with freezing some of my eggs just in case of the unlikely event I want to have my own biological children.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff