Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whenever I hear about pro-life people, it's always about them doing something stupid.

...Always...

3,675 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pro-choice hurr.
This is going waaay too far.
Nobody wants to see dead bloody fetuses while watching football.
I hope that a*****e never gets voted in for president.
Yet again, if he's making ads for football about his campaign, just shows how desperate he is.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

-The effectiveness of anti-abortion ads

I might be mind tricked into wanting a soda or something, but I've never seen a tv ad that could sway my views so easily.

-Pro life vs pro choice

Pro-choice. If you don't like abortions, don't get one. If you're male and feel strongly about them, let the girl know early on to see if you're compatable.

-Randall Terry ever being taken seriously

I probably would never take him seriously.

Eloquent Streaker

The ads that got posted on my campus by the pro-life crowd, which had said graphic images, were pretty effective........at making me lose my appetite. Sure as hell didn't change my opinion, though.

-Pro life vs pro choice

Pro-choice. As I've stated before, it's not a life until it can survive outside the womb, and I don't believe in telling people what they can or cannot do with their own bodies.

He'll be taken about as seriously as Vermin Supreme. Which is sad, considering Vermin Supreme isn't trying to be taken seriously at all.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
And what good can it do a nation to create jobs if it's population is regressing in numbers?
There won't be people to work those jobs. Abortion has an influence on the economy too.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kowaii Blue Bomber
Stahlherz
And what good can it do a nation to create jobs if it's population is regressing in numbers?
There won't be people to work those jobs. Abortion has an influence on the economy too.
Now, I've heard a lot of stupid s**t during my time on the LD. A lot of stupid s**t from some really ******** stupid people. And yet somehow, your post still surprised me. I guess it's nice to have a reminder that whatever ridiculous things I find on here, or whatever ridiculous people I run into, that there's always a ridiculous surprise waiting for me somewhere.
So thanks for keeping things fresh.

I don't see how it's stupid. If a nation were ever in a situation where it's population were falling below replacement levels and there weren't enough young workers to support the age retirees through tax dollars, then abortion would indeed have an economic effect.

Now, perhaps you can explain why what I said was stupid, instead of lashing out with a baseless insult.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Quote:

Just like all advertising is concerned, it's about your target audience.
Ads about why abortion is wrong, to support the moral standpoint, may seem like the target is Pro-Choice advocates but in reality is usually just to rally the Pro-Life advocates.
That's why it usually has no appeal to help find middle ground or to reconcile differences of what is misconstrued as a standard for the other side of the argument.
When there's a political undertone, such as the particular reference given, it's almost a guarantee that there is no desire to convert or to convince. I think the key words are condemn and ridicule and shame and criminalize.

And damn does the evangelical vote rely on such haughty interpretations in politics.

Quote:
-Pro life vs pro choice

I am very split on some issues here..
My issue isn't if abortion should be legalized; I, quite frankly, don't believe it's an issue that makes sense to be criminalized. It should never had needed legalization to begin with.
I personally find the crux in circumstances; especially in ones that are very.. Extenuating. And to the surprise of my supposedly fellow spiritual believers.. I think it's ludicrous to say it should be criminalized.

My concerns come in to a more personal issue of just shaking my head at the amount of irresponsibility individuals have to never learn a lesson. And even at that my concern is because I don't know what to say about my concern. If that makes any sense...

Quote:

Let's resound the fact that to some, he makes perfect sense.

Regardless, my stance is from personal experience. So my introspection allows me to say that I understand why anyone would be opposed to Randall Terry, in the middle, or completely a Proponent of his political message.

But you know... If TEBOW can win Evangelicals and Non-alike just because he propagates a sense of faith, despite it's non-scriptural essence, why can't someone who is truly standing for a good cause?
btw, I support my Home Team. Emphasis on Team heavily needed these days..

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Stahlherz
I don't see how it's stupid. If a nation were ever in a situation where it's population were falling below replacement levels and there weren't enough young workers to support the age retirees through tax dollars, then abortion would indeed have an economic effect.

Now, perhaps you can explain why what I said was stupid, instead of lashing out with a baseless insult.

I personally don't think your assessment is stupid.
Though I do find it archaic.

In fact, if we 'aborted' the use of machines in factories and other places of wide use, your argument falls apart to something else.. Which is that modern times create sophistication that has it's own backlash.

It's a valid point that was used by nations in the past.. But I don't see it as a viable argument in today's America.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kowaii Blue Bomber
Stahlherz
Kowaii Blue Bomber
Stahlherz
Now, I've heard a lot of stupid s**t during my time on the LD. A lot of stupid s**t from some really ******** stupid people. And yet somehow, your post still surprised me. I guess it's nice to have a reminder that whatever ridiculous things I find on here, or whatever ridiculous people I run into, that there's always a ridiculous surprise waiting for me somewhere.
So thanks for keeping things fresh.

A baseless insult? Your post was an insult to every thinking person in America.
Do I really need to point you to our nations unemployment levels, or do you get the basic idea that we have people out of work that would take any new jobs that are created?

So tell me what causes our nations unemployment levels, if you are so adept.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
[M.S.T]
In fact, if we 'aborted' the use of machines in factories and other places of wide use, your argument falls apart to something else. Which is that modern times create sophistication that has it's own backlash.

That's actually not a half-bad idea. If the U.S. scaled down it's dependence on certain forms of technology, jobs could be conceived to take said technology's place. But, I doubt that many Americans would be so willing to give up their sedate and comfortable lifestyles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff