Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should Summer Springs be shut down?

Yes 0.12 12.0% [ 6 ]
No 0.88 88.0% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
< 1 2

TheLostNobody
Shino_Izuzuka
Ugh ... Another game I wasted time playing that's shutting down ...

First Backyard Monster, now Spring Summer ... What's next zOMG !

evil

Did you forget Ocean Party? lol and Monster Galaxy is rather dead. zOMG on hiatus. Gaia should stick to its own stuff, namely zOMG and put their resources into that instead of games they wind up abandoning

That's exactly the problem with Gaia. Instead of sticking to one thing and doing that well they decide they want to make a million games and not spend time fixing and bettering the game. So one by one, the games start to fail because of lack of attention and then all of a sudden it's because "they don't have enough players."

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Naiika
TheLostNobody
Shino_Izuzuka

evil

Did you forget Ocean Party? lol and Monster Galaxy is rather dead. zOMG on hiatus. Gaia should stick to its own stuff, namely zOMG and put their resources into that instead of games they wind up abandoning

That's exactly the problem with Gaia. Instead of sticking to one thing and doing that well they decide they want to make a million games and not spend time fixing and bettering the game. So one by one, the games start to fail because of lack of attention and then all of a sudden it's because "they don't have enough players."

That's pretty much it in a nutshell

Shameless Genius

40,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Night Owl 100
I can't even get the damn game to work now mad
All I get is a blank white screen since about 3am this morning.
Tried everything and that's all I get, not like they will do anything about it since it's a doomed game anyway rolleyes

Angelic Lunatic

14,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
treak treatz
Amyst
I really like the game, I'm really bummed that there shuting it down. I was working so hard to get to level 40 so I can finally update the house. :< I know they gave away 5 mill in gold and cash to make it up til it close but it's still a real slap in the face. I'm going to miss this game it was the only one I played on facebook. gonk crying

Dont even say it...I made an account on facebook just to play this game and I hate hate hate facebook. I am so very sad. I was saving money to upload my house to, was on lvl 35 already...My farm is so beautiful...this is so unfair, I spend hours playing this game to make my farm pretty and now they are shuttind down...It was all for nothing. That is why I never play this games. Shouldn't even have started.
omg! you said it! It feels like Gaia is really slapping us in the face now at this point. Just bc there's not enough players, please. If that be the case, fix things up, change the cash items and change it so you gain more players, thats what any game company will do.

Married Wife

10,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Amyst
treak treatz
Amyst
I really like the game, I'm really bummed that there shuting it down. I was working so hard to get to level 40 so I can finally update the house. :< I know they gave away 5 mill in gold and cash to make it up til it close but it's still a real slap in the face. I'm going to miss this game it was the only one I played on facebook. gonk crying

Dont even say it...I made an account on facebook just to play this game and I hate hate hate facebook. I am so very sad. I was saving money to upload my house to, was on lvl 35 already...My farm is so beautiful...this is so unfair, I spend hours playing this game to make my farm pretty and now they are shuttind down...It was all for nothing. That is why I never play this games. Shouldn't even have started.
omg! you said it! It feels like Gaia is really slapping us in the face now at this point. Just bc there's not enough players, please. If that be the case, fix things up, change the cash items and change it so you gain more players, thats what any game company will do.

Not to mention the fact that people have ideas like i had the idea for a pie factory, blueberry bushes, and a few more and it just feels like they are ignoring us.

How can we promote our ideas?

Angelic Lunatic

14,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Senente
Amyst
treak treatz
Amyst

Not to mention the fact that people have ideas like i had the idea for a pie factory, blueberry bushes, and a few more and it just feels like they are ignoring us.

How can we promote our ideas?
I wish I knew how. Maybe by listing ideas to help improve how the game is manage, improve the site server that's it on and run. Things to improve like the cash items, and maybe even lowwering the amount of gold items. Also they could adventurist promote the game better. Like really they only had ads for it when the game first came out and nothing since. Another thing they could do is move it from FB to the gaia site, that way they don't have the 2nd part of FB.

But really, I've been on this site almost since the beginning. If there's one thing I notice about it, is that Gaia use to be for the user. They use to listen. But over the years they've shifted there focused to how to get the next buck. In the beginning they said donation help run the site making it run better. In a way this is true, but literally if you put Gaia side by side from the past and present, it's nothing but one big Scrooge with no heart now.

Wheezing Fairy

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm sad that it's closing, but there's no point complaining about it. These things happen.

But I agree with Amyst about the Scrooge thing.

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Is that why I stopped getting new quests at level 21? Or is that just my internet being crappy again?

Darkshimmer's Husbando

Devoted Gaian

38,700 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Partygoer 500
TheLostNobody
Naiika
TheLostNobody
Shino_Izuzuka

evil

That's pretty much it in a nutshell

Actually Gaia didn't make this game they partnered with a company who owned the game and localized it for Facebook. The company was bought by a bigger company who wants to cut all games associated with Facebook so there goes the partnership with Gaia. Gaia has no choice in this matter if you want to be mad at someone be made at the Korean company that is forcing "Fever" to close off its associations with Facebook and by extention Gaia

Married Wife

10,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
elemental_sword_RP
Is that why I stopped getting new quests at level 21? Or is that just my internet being crappy again?

You need to level up and as well level up your house and village

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Senente
elemental_sword_RP

You need to level up and as well level up your house and village

Yeah. I got a couple new quests after leveling up, but it won't let me level up my house until level 30

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff