• Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
talaitha derdraigen
Lockany
talaitha derdraigen
Lockany
talaitha derdraigen
i want the tree-chandelier-thing in the bottom right corner of the 2nd image :p
i wonder what that "st town/2nd town" in the first img is.
the 3rd img won't load for me :[

I just started trying out the Korean version, you get to buy another town in there. (with cash of course. ^^; )

And let me fix the 2nd image.

ooh pretty little mushroom & curly houses. and uhm...gingerbread houses? can't tell. thx for fixie.
is the korean version on fb also?

It's on Naver Cafe. If you are interested to register, I can send you the link of the tutorial I used. 3nodding
thx but i'm afraid of going down another time-sink hole lol

Haha, it is. I might take a break of the whole thing after model town is over.
To be honest, I was hoping this is Gaia's own game. But apparently Fever studio is another company. And they can pull the game whenever they want without much... sentiments...
Oh well, I'll just take things easy. On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of never seen before buildings. Some seemingly comes with holiday events. So I'll be sure not to miss those.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
zickkun
To be honest, I was hoping this is Gaia's own game. But apparently Fever studio is another company. And they can pull the game whenever they want without much... sentiments...
Oh well, I'll just take things easy. On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of never seen before buildings. Some seemingly comes with holiday events. So I'll be sure not to miss those.

Hmm...what do you mean by pull the game? ^^;

I'm not sure if those are events, but I guess there are holiday items? I don't know if we are going to get everything the Every Town has. (international version games tend to leave out at lot of what original versions have). Plus, we are quite behind since the Every Town has been running since 2010. = =;
Lockany
zickkun

I'm not sure if those are events, but I guess there are holiday items? I don't know if we are going to get everything the Every Town has. (international version games tend to leave out at lot of what original versions have). Plus, we are quite behind since the Every Town has been running since 2010. = =;

By that I mean terminating the game. Much like what happened to omgPop(still around but not on Gaia anymore) and BackyardMonster(ending a great game? beats me).
And I have no trouble that the Koreans are ahead of me ... in terms of game progress... err, you get the idea.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
zickkun
Lockany
zickkun

By that I mean terminating the game. Much like what happened to omgPop(still around but not on Gaia anymore) and BackyardMonster(ending a great game? beats me).
And I have no trouble that the Koreans are ahead of me ... in terms of game progress... err, you get the idea.

Ooo...that's bad...well, I did figure out how to play the Korean version (for the most part that is, still not entirely sure how to add people) so if Gaia ever shuts down SS and you still would like to play the game, let me know. 3nodding

Hmm...when I said that we are behind, I meant the updates and features. I'm a little bit concerned over how often we'll get new updates of the game. Since not that many people are spending cash on the game (which I am guilty of), the updates might come pretty slowly since they probably don't have that many people working on it....or pay for licensing.....well, I'm just guessing here. ^^;

Edit: I'm not entirely sure how SS makes money....they probably do make money in some other areas besides cash items

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I thought Gaia made the game...weird. D: I hope that it doesn't disappear like Backyard Monsters and OMGpop games or whatever they were. crying

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Pikameu
I thought Gaia made the game...weird. D: I hope that it doesn't disappear like Backyard Monsters and OMGpop games or whatever they were. crying

Yeah...I feel kind of guilty for not spending any cash. It does feel like they are somewhat understaffed. :

You can always go play the Korean version though, they are doing very well. 3nodding

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
Lockany
Pikameu

Yeah...I feel kind of guilty for not spending any cash. It does feel like they are somewhat understaffed. :

You can always go play the Korean version though, they are doing very well. 3nodding

Is our version not doing well? o.o
Maybe I'll spend some money on it someday, but I can't really afford to right now. emo

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Pikameu
Lockany
Pikameu

Maybe I'll spend some money on it someday, but I can't really afford to right now. emo

I don't know how SS is doing really, but I do wish that we can get more updates often. I was just comparing to the Korean version, I think they have about five times more players than we do..............that is, if my interpretation is correctly. (like I said before, I know very very little Korean)

However, judging from my neighbors....not that many people are spending cash in the game. If anything, a lot of them probably only spend cash from the giveaways, like myself.

And if cash is the only way SS makes money....then it's probably not doing very well.

This is only based on my own observation, nothing I just said is for sure.

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
Lockany
Pikameu
Lockany
Pikameu

I don't know how SS is doing really, but I do wish that we can get more updates often. I was just comparing to the Korean version, I think they have about five times more players than we do..............that is, if my interpretation is correctly. (like I said before, I know very very little Korean)

However, judging from my neighbors....not that many people are spending cash in the game. If anything, a lot of them probably only spend cash from the giveaways, like myself.

And if cash is the only way SS makes money....then it's probably not doing very well.

This is only based on my own observation, nothing I just said is for sure.

Ah I see. It seems alright though, considering they still give out so many freebies... xP Idk...

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lockany

Since Gaia Interactive did the localization, they own partial rights.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mitsumi-chan
Lockany

Hmm...do you mean they own shares of the game? or just the rights to modify it?

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lockany
Mitsumi-chan
Lockany

An example would be- Funimation localized Full Metal Alchemist. So Funimation has some rights to the Full Metal Alchemist anime series (Bones/Square Enix sold them partial rights). Therefore, Bones/Square Enix cannot randomly say "Funimation can't release FMA DVDs anymore 'cuz we say so". It's kind of similar to publisher's rights.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mitsumi-chan
Lockany
Mitsumi-chan
Lockany

An example would be- Funimation localized Full Metal Alchemist. So Funimation has some rights to the Full Metal Alchemist anime series (Bones/Square Enix sold them partial rights). Therefore, Bones/Square Enix cannot randomly say "Funimation can't release FMA DVDs anymore 'cuz we say so". It's kind of similar to publisher's rights.

Yes, I understand that, but having rights to Summer Springs doesn't really have much to do with whether Gaia's version will become successful or how far they will expand their version. I think you missed my point there. ^^;

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lockany
Yes, I understand that, but having rights to Summer Springs doesn't really have much to do with whether Gaia's version will become successful or how far they will expand their version. I think you missed my point there. ^^;

Yeah. That is true. But it's different from the OMGPOP and Viximo games. Of course, the drawback to catering to Gaians is that the community is terrible when it comes to cash spending. There's even users who like to b***h when sales go on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff