Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is Summer Springs just another Pay2Win game?

Yes, don't bother! 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 4 ]
No, it rules, join! 0.5 50.0% [ 9 ]
What is Summer Springs? 0.27777777777778 27.8% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]

Distinct Genius

So I've just stumbled across the Summer Springs forum on Gaia and noticed this game wasn't actually on the Gaia website even though it's listed under Gaia Gaming, which confused me. Not long after I realized this was a game that you had to sign up for through facebook.

The thing I've noticed with facebook games, is they're all mostly pay to win, e.g you play free for a bit first, enjoy it, get pulled in, then realize you'd actually need to spend your real life money on currency or items to progress further in the game, without being completely rubbish to the other people who had paid, so basically, the main reason of me creating this thread is because I want to know if this is another one of those games, or is it actually worth me joining and playing? Will I still be able to enjoy this game fully without paying for extra addons or in-game currency?

And Also since I haven't played this game before, I was wondering if anyone could give me a little more insight on what the game is actually about and what you do on it, as far as I know you 'Build the village of your dreams' and that's all I know so far.

Thanks for your answers guys!

7,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
I havent spent any actual money on it and Im level 40 out of 50. However, it seems like Gaia or whoever is abandoning the game. The facebook official community page has been wiped of all official posts and we have not been getting the weekly rewards for a few weeks. Its a fun game... but seems to be dying.

10,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well.. I have spent no real life money, and this is my current estate:

(Spoilertag added to avoid page stretching)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So I definitely wouldn't say you can't get anywhere without spending money.

It takes a while, though. I just didn't stress over it and harvested a bit every day, taking my sweet time.

Distinct Genius

Ah cool, I might give it a go then.. Not too sure though if they're stopping updating it though, ah well.. Cheers for the reply biggrin
If you like Farmville or games like Harvest Moon you'll probally really like it. Just take your time. I think it's kind of sweet and calming.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
The cool thing is if you're patient and wait at least every four days, you can get a little bit of the game dollars, rather than the gold. The amount increases with every day you wait, going up to twenty five, with the smallest being three. And some of the earlier quests also provide you with the game dollars.

So yeah, a little patience and you can get some of the nicer decorations. And thankfully watermelons aren't required to do any of the major quests later on, so you can skip using those entirely after that one quest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff