Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
As any player would know, the house upgrade at level 5 and the land expansion at 32x32 requires 500 cash and 300 cash respectively. I am currently at level 27, one of the highest on my friendlist, and I do not see a conceivable way of achieving both expansions without spending cash. I don’t know if non cash players should even start this game, or are we even welcome? Perhaps this game was created purely for cash players, and if so, I will stop playing due to the limitation of being a non cash player.

It is definitely not as easy to earn cash through quests as stated. This also depends on the volume of quests there are present. I currently have 2 quests pending, one being to build a stone house (at level 31) and the other being to produce wine. Only the wine production one gives cash, the stone house one does not. Previously, the flowerbeds and arbour quest did not give any cash. From a cursory glance at the quest guide in this forum, 1/5 of quests do not give cash, and each gives 5 or 10 cash. 5 cash is given for majority of the lower level quests.

This would mean that to acquire a level 5 house, I would need to do at least 50-60 quests that give cash (a rough estimate). The question is, are there that many quests around? At my level (27), I have noticed that the quests incoming have slowed down tremendously. I do not know if there are many quests left for me.

Also, not that I have not spent a single cash on decorations or expansions (but I did spent a little excess on watermelons, being a blockhead) as I am saving it for the house upgrade at level 5. I am currently at 300 cash, and I wonder if I will ever even achieve the house upgrade requirement of 500 cash, which requires me to do around 20 more cash giving quests. This indicates that I may also never be able to expand my land, as I am at the expansion of 30x30. If you are of a higher level than me, and have managed to expand, etc, pray tell.

Please, please make it such that the game is not overly skewed towards cash players. Being so skewed means that non cash players will have zero incentive to play the game past a certain point, since we cannot upgrade or expand at all.

TL;DR: game no fair!
I'm afraid that I'll run out of quests that give cash too and not be allowed to expand/lvl up anymore. Also, I can't even purchase any more land expansions with cash either because of the number of friends needed. I've sent game requests to my fb friends most likely to play the game, I don't want to spam anyone, and it's not like I can force them to play either...I also don't want to just add random people for the game only, because my fb is for personal use.
Ah well. I suppose I could go make another game-only fb account, but since I'm currently at lvl 23, that'd mean starting all over again.

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
your local teashop
I'm afraid that I'll run out of quests that give cash too and not be allowed to expand/lvl up anymore. Also, I can't even purchase any more land expansions with cash either because of the number of friends needed. I've sent game requests to my fb friends most likely to play the game, I don't want to spam anymore, and it's not like I can force them to play either...I also don't want to just add random people for the game only, because my fb is for personal use.
Ah well. I suppose I could go make another game-only fb account, but since I'm currently at lvl 23, that'd mean starting all over again.

Level 23 is quite high to have to restart everything again. I empathise with you not wanting to add other random gamers, and initially I did not want to do so, but it seemed as if there was no other alternative for a non-cash player to expand, which is why I ended up adding other players.

Some people do play with a completely gaming account to avoid this. Anyway, you can always add them to your acquaintances or a special list?
I agree completely. I am currently lvl 22 and never buy items in any game that requires real money. To me it just makes no sense...paying real money for imaginary goods, wtf? But that's just my personal opinion on things. Anyways, I very much so like this game and play several times a day, but it truly seems that to become a high level player you NEED to use to cash and accept random friends in order to fulfill the friend requirement for certain items. Which is a complete rip off in every way. Cash recieved in quests needs to be at a greater amount than the typical 5-10/quest. The quest with Buzz where you need to buy several expensive flower items should have a greater pay out than 500 gold and 10 cash, sorry, that is just disproportion to the amount of time/work put into the game. So sorry Gaia, I will ultimately stop playing this game unless the gold prices come down slightly, cash becomes easier to earn without people having to fork out real cash for, and the pay outs of the quests are revised. Why would I continue to play a game that I am forcibly held back in because I have greater priorities and responsibilities for my money than buying things that don't exist?

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Having to pay cash to progress past a certain point is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game.

Another was that I got a copy of the new Professor Layton game and Dragon Quest IX. While Summer Springs is cute, those are far more interesting. If I was going to pay cash for a game (though PL was a gift <3), SS was not winning the contest for my dollars. (Sorry devs, sad but true.)

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Hazelaar
Having to pay cash to progress past a certain point is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game.

I don't see it as unfair now since we've got a daily bonus thing where if you wait to collect for a few days, you get cash. So even if one has run out of quests, there's a free way to get cash to get the expansion. Just requires time.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Lady Kayura
Hazelaar

I don't see it as unfair now since we've got a daily bonus thing where if you wait to collect for a few days, you get cash. So even if one has run out of quests, there's a free way to get cash to get the expansion. Just requires time.
Huh, thanks for the info about that. Maybe I'll just start logging in once a day for a little while and see where that gets me.

[edit]: Though this whole thing with zOMG is making me want to say "******** you gaia facebook games".

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I think for like the house thing, they should ALWAYS give a way to pay non cash, its not fair otherwise. I know that they say you can get plenty from other things, but it sucks. I accidently was checking my crops the other day and accidently clicked to instantly completely wheat because my cat walked across my laptop (I cried a little lot inside) I think that the quest stuff should be revised on fairer payouts, and having more quests because I'm sitting at level 26 with no quests

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Thanks for updating with the sign in cash bonus. Maybe within a month I might get my house expansion, lol. Good move, it will force me to sign in everyday. wink

Dangerous Knight

Lady Kayura
Hazelaar

Like three years of time. Literally.
It costs 3,340 cash total to buy all the cash only expansions and the house upgrade. Let's assume level 5 is the last house upgrade.
If we get all our cash from the daily bonus and wait till day 10 to collect 30 cash... 3340/30 = 111.333 recurring. 111.333 * 10 = 1113.333 recurring.
1,114 days to collect enough cash... if my maths is right, and I'm tired so forgive me if it isn't.
Also since I don't have the house upgrade yet I don't know if other expansions are cash only. I'm also not considering cash from quests as I don't know how much cash you can get from quests. And this is assuming you log in EVERY DAY. I don't know what happens if you miss a day with this cash thing, but I assume it resets at 1.

So... I think I'll quit, actually. This is ridiculous. Wanting money is one thing, practically forcing us to give it to you is another. If you wanted to get money for sure from each customer, make console games, not Facebook games. rolleyes

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Elynai

It costs 3,340 cash total to buy all the cash only expansions and the house upgrade. Let's assume level 5 is the last house upgrade.
If we get all our cash from the daily bonus and wait till day 10 to collect 30 cash... 3340/30 = 111.333 recurring. 111.333 * 10 = 1113.333 recurring.
1,114 days to collect enough cash... if my maths is right, and I'm tired so forgive me if it isn't.
Also since I don't have the house upgrade yet I don't know if other expansions are cash only. I'm also not considering cash from quests as I don't know how much cash you can get from quests. And this is assuming you log in EVERY DAY. I don't know what happens if you miss a day with this cash thing, but I assume it resets at 1.

So... I think I'll quit, actually. This is ridiculous. Wanting money is one thing, practically forcing us to give it to you is another. If you wanted to get money for sure from each customer, make console games, not Facebook games. rolleyes

Thanks for the calculations!
I'm absolutely horrified that it will take 3 years for all cash expansions.
No.
No is my answer to gaia.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Elynai

Three years, if you don't spend money. I still don't see it as unfair. Long time? Hell yes. But it's free. But hey, if that's what makes you quit a game you apparently enjoyed, see ya.
at least we get some game money mrgreen
this game really s**t, gaia game always commercial.
i thought this game was fun as sims social though there's commercial item they didn't force us to buy it's up us.
but this SS really force us to make still playing this game by paying for real money, so the answer is no.

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'm displeased with the required cash purchase within a quest.... I've got a quest right now that requires me to purchase a Segovia Cottage, which is a cash only item. An expensive one, too. I'm going to wind up spending the 90 cash to skip that requirement, in the end, because I don't want to be stuck on this questline just because it requires cash.

I don't mind the cash to finish upgrading your house or expand your land. The 500 cash for the house upgrade is difficult, but not impossible in game, and the land expansions aren't really necessary at this point. Useful, maybe, but I have enough land to build a variety of good things; I just have to think critically about what I really want to keep. I still have one more gold expansion to go, too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff