Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Darling

Excuse me sir but my house upgrade costs less than that.
It wouldn't really bother me, save that they are required for a quest. And at 77,250 coins per a bed, I don't care how foxy Buzz thinks that Lady is, I don't care for her.

I just think some prices are so outlandish and ridiculous on Summer Springs. Perhaps revision is needed on them for a more sane price tag? I know in later quests, people also run into issues like this, items not meeting their worth, items just being flat out unfairly place, and a number of other issues.

The game is getting progressively less fun as the standards rise at an unmatchable rate. I honestly can't see myself playing for much longer at this point. A couple more days, maybe a week, that's about it.
Your thoughts?

(For reference, I'm currently level 18 with a house at level three.)

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I hear ya. I'm saving up for both of those items in my quest right now, but prioritizing plot expansion and other necessary things before I finish that quest. I personally kind of see it as a challenge to be able to save that much. The game gets less of a game you interact with constantly and just another game you check back every other hour.

The reward for the quest is slightly higher coin-wise, but gotta agree Buzz is kind of lame when you help him spend over 150k and he gives you 500 coins back xd

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
I just got that quest and it's making me go WTF over it too. sweatdrop Not only that, but I have no friends, so it's not like I can buy the items using gold. I'll have to use cash, which is still expensive because you don't earn much through quests. There's no way I'm using real money to get ahead. stressed

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200
Don't forget about those friend requirements, too! It'll be at least 5 more months of 10 day cash gatherings before I can afford at least the next house upgrade. Another 3.5 months after that to shortcut through the flowerbed quest, & I'm not sure what follows either of them. Y_Y I should be in the hundreds of millions of gold by that time.

Too bad there isn't a way to gain artificial friends in the game. 100,000 gold = 1 friend, anyone? I could afford 7 friends right now if that was plausible. ^_^
AandOE
Don't forget about those friend requirements, too! It'll be at least 5 more months of 10 day cash gatherings before I can afford at least the next house upgrade. Another 3.5 months after that to shortcut through the flowerbed quest, & I'm not sure what follows either of them. Y_Y I should be in the hundreds of millions of gold by that time.

Too bad there isn't a way to gain artificial friends in the game. 100,000 gold = 1 friend, anyone? I could afford 7 friends right now if that was plausible. ^_^

if u'd like more friends, join this facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/213952528703571/

has over 300 members and theres bound to be people who will add you. (including me)

7,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
It's basically they want you to spend money. They make it so frustrating to achieve so that you will spend money and just buy it...which is what I did, mostly because I just spent $10 and got a good amount of cash. I'm not saying it's the best way but it's probably the less frustrating way which is why they put it in there.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
I'd love it if we were able to buy neighbors for gold. It can't be that hard to setup, since we've already got Rich. I know they're trying to make money, but this is just ridiculous. If I wanted to spend money for a game like this, I'd just buy Rune Factory or Harvest Moon, which are tons of fun.

Edit for a typo.

Greedy Capitalist

True, I was surprise to find out that each flower bed costs too much, I am on level 17-18, house lev. 3 also.

The game is quite fun at first, having this motivation to have a town like Rich's has. But it is quite hard to earn that much.

It kind of bores me now.

Romantic Cleric

I'm on level 22, house lev. 3, and while 77,000 for a flowerbed does seem absurd, especially when some more elaborate items cost less, it is feasible if you can garner up 27 friends who play the game. Which admittedly is nigh impossible if you don't like friending random people solely for facebook games, but I digress.

Truthfully what really bothered me was the fact that I had to get the morning glory arbor even through I already had a rose arch which would have looked lovely paired with another rose arbor. Or basically I probably wouldn't b***h as much about being forced to buy ridiculously expensive decoration items for quests if I were allowed to, say, buy a flowerbed type object instead of this specific flowerbed type object. Part of the fun of Summer Springs is building your own little town, and it isn't quite as much fun saving towards a ridiculously expensive item if you know that almost every single other player will have that exact same item. Unless, you know, they give up entirely on quests or resell the item right away.

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
It's what *ahem* who is buried in the flower bed that makes it expensive! *speaks in a whisper* Hush money!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff