Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought the Indian scene was...

Exactly what I would do if I was the Hulk 0.31875 31.9% [ 51 ]
Another stereotype of India 0.0625 6.2% [ 10 ]
I really didnt care/notice where he was 0.3125 31.2% [ 50 ]
No opinion 0.30625 30.6% [ 49 ]
Total Votes:[ 160 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I didn't watch the movie yet but I see no valid reason for them to be upset.

10,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Overstocked 200
we have an army
well we have a hulk
xd

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I would just like to say about the adoption joke from the Avengers

had this been the Superman movie, and the Kents made a joke about him being so strong, and claiming tis cause he was adopted

the adopted community wouldve been thrilled

people are worried this will hurt children

parents I have an amazing idea, and hear me out

TALK TO YOUR KIDS
EXPLAIN TO THEM IT WAS A JOKE AND THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REAL LIFE

this is parents and others going the hard way to help their kids

instead of sitting down and saying it was just a joke

people gotta make the company apologize

sigh*
I dunno who gave anyone permission to be parents cause it seems like nobody knows how to be one nowadays

Adorable Pumpkin

To be honest, I was paying attention to the little girl and paying attention to the dialogue.
Where everything is taking place, it shouldn't matter.

And the joke.. Really..? People these days want to argue over nothing. Its just sad.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
zombieNAMI
To be honest, I was paying attention to the little girl and paying attention to the dialogue.

And the joke.. Really..? People these days want to argue over nothing. Its just sad.

yep I mean its a scene that makes sense, works, and shows banners character

and some people gotta complain over the location
sad

I dunno people are worried kids will not understand
I repeat
TALK TO YOUR KIDS

I'd say that play that hes a frost giant but that might not be good for kids that are adopted by other races, I feel this joke is more racist than mean to adoption, since loki isnt the same species as his brother
I say this to clarify
I find the joke more racist than offensive to adoption but still cause its a joke I let it go since the plot of the movie doesnt revolve around the joke

Adorable Pumpkin

Blind Red Dragon
zombieNAMI

sad

I repeat
TALK TO YOUR KIDS

I'd say that play that hes a frost giant but that might not be good for kids that are adopted by other races, I feel this joke is more racist than mean to adoption, since loki isnt the same species as his brother
I say this to clarify
I find the joke more racist than offensive to adoption but still cause its a joke I let it go since the plot of the movie doesnt revolve around the joke

Exactly. Let the joke go. I dont even see it has anything but a joke.
Like the 'red headed stepchild' joke. Its a joke.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
zombieNAMI
Blind Red Dragon
zombieNAMI

sad

I repeat
TALK TO YOUR KIDS

I say this to clarify

Exactly. Let the joke go. I dont even see it has anything but a joke.
Like the 'red headed stepchild' joke. Its a joke.

Heck the actor didnt even know it was a joke until after he saw the premier and heard people laughing

I mean unless hte movie is constantly reminding
"Loki, that adopted b*****d"
"Cant trust anyone whose been adopted"
"Adopted loser"
then ya can complain

but since thats the only reference so who cares
ya know

7,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I had no idea this was even an issue.

As far as the setting in India, I thought it fit since he was trying to help poor, unfortunate people. Why not b***h about all those commercials of showing starving, sad, pathetic, unhappy children when talking about Africa? They make it seem like all of Africa lives in dirt huts with flies and corpses and they don't know what a building or electricity is! Most people I know thing Africa is a really poor country, that wouldn't even know what a glass door is. (Africa isn't even a flipping Country) Point: They are ok with that, especially proving it gives children the wrong idea about Africa, but freak out when they show a 5 min scene of India? Half the kids don't give a crap about that, they just want to see the HULK!

The adopted joke, I don't understand that one. How was that offensive at all? It was one of the best jokes of the movie! Why not make Disney apologize for making Step mothers and step sisters seem evil and ugly? Or for making Kerjak single out Tarzan for the first half of the movie (Ok all of the movie until the end) because he was adopted and different? I mean really!

People are only attacking this movie because it's so big, just like they did with Avatar. No one can be happy and want EVERYTHING to be politically correct just so suck the fun out of everything or because everyone in this day and age is so ******** sensitive over nothing. And if there is any possible way for someone to leech easy money from the movie's success they will grasp at any straws!

IF YOU RAISED YOUR KIDS INSTEAD OF LETTING MOVIES DO IT, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS ******** PROBLEM!

I hope they don't apologize because once you have to apologize for one thing you have to apologize for every single thing that someone has a problem with. It's not worth it, especially since the hype will die down in a few months. Jesus.....

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Prince Shinsuke
I had no idea this was even an issue.

As far as the setting in India, I thought it fit since he was trying to help poor, unfortunate people. Why not b***h about all those commercials of showing starving, sad, pathetic, unhappy children when talking about Africa? They make it seem like all of Africa lives in dirt huts with flies and corpses and they don't know what a building or electricity is! Most people I know thing Africa is a really poor country, that wouldn't even know what a glass door is. (Africa isn't even a flipping Country) Point: They are ok with that, especially proving it gives children the wrong idea about Africa, but freak out when they show a 5 min scene of India? Half the kids don't give a crap about that, they just want to see the HULK!

The adopted joke, I don't understand that one. How was that offensive at all? It was one of the best jokes of the movie! Why not make Disney apologize for making Step mothers and step sisters seem evil and ugly? Or for making Kerjak single out Tarzan for the first half of the movie (Ok all of the movie until the end) because he was adopted and different? I mean really!

People are only attacking this movie because it's so big, just like they did with Avatar. No one can be happy and want EVERYTHING to be politically correct just so suck the fun out of everything or because everyone in this day and age is so ******** sensitive over nothing. And if there is any possible way for someone to leech easy money from the movie's success they will grasp at any straws!

IF YOU RAISED YOUR KIDS INSTEAD OF LETTING MOVIES DO IT, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS ******** PROBLEM!

I hope they don't apologize because once you have to apologize for one thing you have to apologize for every single thing that someone has a problem with. It's not worth it, especially since the hype will die down in a few months. Jesus.....

yes thank you

lets pretend I am a five year old watching avengers
*watches scene with hulk*
What the people think the kids will think: "mommy why is India so poor?"
What teh child is really thinking: "Mommy wheres the hulk?"

oh yeah ya want apologize from disney
Beauty and the Beast
"Belle a girl like you shouldnt be reading, itll put ideas in your head"

People think that the adoption joke was offensive or damaging, but if you take some time and talk to your kids Im sure they will understand
or heck just remind em its a comic book world so nothing in its real

I never heard any complaints of avatar, other than my own, but thats cuase I didnt care for the movie as a whole, didnt understand the hype

I agree if anything disney should get a clip of all their adopted characters and show that they mean nothing bad to adopted people
heck weve never seen huey dewey and louies parents, I got a theory

I mean its a two second joke and a scene where everyone is waiting for banner to get angry
I fail to see the need to make a big moral crisis outta this
this is kind of ridiculous, to be very honest. I haven't even seen this movie and I can honestly tell you I'd probably pay more attention to what Bruce is doing or saying than where he is at the time. It's just a set up. He's a DOCTOR for crying out loud. The richer parts of India are capable of paying for those on their own and he's trying to help. Caste system or not, it's a minor part in the movie and shouldn't be considered a huge deal.

The adoption joke...well, I can see it being offensive but at the same time, if you talk to your child and treat them like they can handle the information instead of babying them, it wouldn't even be a problem.

Fashionable Nerd

5,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
i didn't notice .

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
kauries
this is kind of ridiculous, to be very honest. I haven't even seen this movie and I can honestly tell you I'd probably pay more attention to what Bruce is doing or saying than where he is at the time. It's just a set up. He's a DOCTOR for crying out loud. The richer parts of India are capable of paying for those on their own and he's trying to help. Caste system or not, it's a minor part in the movie and shouldn't be considered a huge deal.

The adoption joke...well, I can see it being offensive but at the same time, if you talk to your child and treat them like they can handle the information instead of babying them, it wouldn't even be a problem.

uh huh
A doctor helping people
for free, or possibly a very little
I know its an insane concept, doctors trying to help people without wanting huge sums of money in return, but hey its a movie, Ill believe for a couple hours
you know how he couldve been helping those with money and raking in the dough, but I guess cause its a movie/comic book world he has to do the noble thing and help those that cant afford to help themselves
you know how doctors dont do this in real life, hey maybe doctors will complain next cause of this unreal portrayal of them

yep, if you explain to them it was just a joke and adopted kids can be just as good as kids raised with their parents, heck explain how loki was born bad and if anything being adopted was the opportunity for him to be a better person, Thor ask him to come home and Loki refuses,
heck that is literally why Odin took Loki into his home, he wanted to raise him and show that Frost Giants and Asgards could be allies and friends

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
vLaineLlodavi
i didn't notice .

exactly

Shirtless Fatcat

Bruce Banner can do no wrong.
End of story.

Lonely Informer