i luv my vampires
twilight.
it's easier to make fun of.

Questionable Lunatic

13,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Harry Potter is better written and the characters are more more likable. Also, the romance is less obvious (though still sometimes annoying. HarryxGinny? LupinxTonks??) To me, Twilight seemed like a self-insert Mary Sue romance story with vampires thrown in. 3/4 of the way through S.Meyer remembered that she was supposed to be writing an actual book, not her dream, and decided to add a thin plot involving yet another person becoming obsessed with Bella (though this time he's trying to kill her). I wouldn't say Harry Potter is the best book ever, or even the best fantasy book, but it's definitely better than the Twilight series. (Except for the epilogue, which sucked. Albus Severus and Renesmee are a little too similar).
Harry Potter. Do i even have to say why?
HARRY POTTER!!!!!!! They are not even on the same playing field!!

Sparkly Tycoon

6,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Reasons why I love Harry Potter:

+ it is a work of fine literature by the greatest author who ever lived, J.K. Rowling, a.k.a. my hero.
+ it doesn't say anything about sparkle-butt vampires.
+ it doesn't suck.
+ if you haven't wanted to go to Hogwarts sometime in your life, you're abnormal.
+ Fred Weasley.
+ Hedwig.
+ butterbeer.
+ I WANT A FIREBOLT OMG OMG OMG.
+ who doesn't want to know what their Patronus is?

and much, much more.
9 Of Hearts

+ it is a work of fine literature by the greatest author who ever lived, J.K. Rowling, a.k.a. my hero.
+ it doesn't suck.
+ if you haven't wanted to go to Hogwarts sometime in your life, you're abnormal.
+ Fred Weasley.
+ Hedwig.
+ butterbeer.

and much, much more.

I solemnly sware that I am up to no good.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! JK Rowling adds little details that later end up becoming important to the story. I got caught up in those books and their amazing plot. In Hp you feel like the characters are real and could definitely be real people, where in Twilight, Bella is abnormally plain, whiny, and a Mary-Sue. While Edward is: OMG SO PERFECT!
The romances in HP are long developed (Harry and Ginny had known each other for a long time)instead of the whole thing with Bella and Edward in love when hey barely know anything about each other.
Bella ordered Bree Tanner's death, ad never lost sleep about it, or even felt bad. Her world revolves around Edward and herself, while Ginny is strong and independant without Harry. The limit of the Harry Potter universe is Jk Rowling's imagination (which there is no limit to). She came up with Thestrals, Fluffy, Devils Snare, Quidditch, and much more. Stephenie Meyer seemed to be dreaming while she wrote twilight. She even admitted once that she, herself, is in love with edward. Another thing is that edward stalks Bella. He comes into her house WITHOUT HER KNOWING, and then WITHOUT HER PERMISSION watches her sleep. Bella, meanwile, finds it romantic. Its not romantic its creepy!

Harry Potter has a thick and interesting plot with characters that seem so real, and after you finish one book it leaves you longing for the next. So, by now, I think you know which one I voted for.

HARRY POTTER FTW!!!!

also, 9 0f Hearts, I think you should add this:
+ Luna Lovegood
+ Severus Snape
+Norbert
+Moaning Myrtle
+Dumbledore's Army
+AVADA KEDAVRA!
+ Polyjuice Potion
+ Veritaserum
+Horcruxes
+Pensieves
+ Priori Incantatum
+ Dolores Umbridge
+The Department of Mysteries
+ I WANT A NIMBUS 2000
+ Ollivanders
+The Marauders Map

User Image

Mischief Managed

Sparkly Tycoon

6,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
9 Of Hearts

+ it doesn't suck.
+ Fred Weasley.
+ Hedwig.
+ butterbeer.

and much, much more.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! JK Rowling adds little details that later end up becoming important to the story. I got caught up in those books and their amazing plot. In Hp you feel like the characters are real and could definitely be real people, where in Twilight, Bella is abnormally plain, whiny, and a Mary-Sue. While Edward is: OMG SO PERFECT!
The romances in HP are long developed (Harry and Ginny had known each other for a long time)instead of the whole thing with Bella and Edward in love when hey barely know anything about each other.
Bella ordered Bree Tanner's death, ad never lost sleep about it, or even felt bad. Her world revolves around Edward and herself, while Ginny is strong and independant without Harry. The limit of the Harry Potter universe is Jk Rowling's imagination (which there is no limit to). She came up with Thestrals, Fluffy, Devils Snare, Quidditch, and much more. Stephenie Meyer seemed to be dreaming while she wrote twilight. She even admitted once that she, herself, is in love with edward. Another thing is that edward stalks Bella. He comes into her house WITHOUT HER KNOWING, and then WITHOUT HER PERMISSION watches her sleep. Bella, meanwile, finds it romantic. Its not romantic its creepy!

Harry Potter has a thick and interesting plot with characters that seem so real, and after you finish one book it leaves you longing for the next. So, by now, I think you know which one I voted for.

HARRY POTTER FTW!!!!

+ Luna Lovegood
+ Severus Snape
+Norbert
+Moaning Myrtle
+Dumbledore's Army
+AVADA KEDAVRA!
+ Polyjuice Potion
+ Veritaserum
+Horcruxes
+Pensieves
+ Priori Incantatum
+ Dolores Umbridge
+ I WANT A NIMBUS 2000
+ Ollivanders
+The Marauders Map

User Image

Mischief Managed

ahhh how could i forget luna? she's like the all-time best character in literature, ever. and snape. heh heh. snape... snape... severus snape... (goes to re-watch The Mysterious Ticking Noise)
9 Of Hearts
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
9 Of Hearts

+ it doesn't suck.
+ Fred Weasley.
+ Hedwig.
+ butterbeer.

and much, much more.

HARRY POTTER FTW!!!!

+ Luna Lovegood
+ Severus Snape
+Norbert
+Moaning Myrtle
+Dumbledore's Army
+AVADA KEDAVRA!
+ Polyjuice Potion
+ Veritaserum
+Horcruxes
+Pensieves
+ Priori Incantatum
+ Dolores Umbridge
+ I WANT A NIMBUS 2000
+ Ollivanders
+The Marauders Map

User Image

Mischief Managed

ahhh how could i forget luna? she's like the all-time best character in literature, ever. and snape. heh heh. snape... snape... severus snape... (goes to re-watch The Mysterious Ticking Noise)

Luna Lovegood= pure awesomeness
"Dont worry, your just as sane as I am"

I found the sourse of the mysterious ticking noise! Its a pipe bomb! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!
*BOOM*
Dahhh, Twilght bc i love vampirse and wolfs

Sparkly Tycoon

6,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
9 Of Hearts
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
9 Of Hearts

+ it doesn't suck.
+ Fred Weasley.
+ Hedwig.
+ butterbeer.

and much, much more.

HARRY POTTER FTW!!!!

+ Luna Lovegood
+ Severus Snape
+Norbert
+Moaning Myrtle
+Dumbledore's Army
+AVADA KEDAVRA!
+ Polyjuice Potion
+ Veritaserum
+Horcruxes
+Pensieves
+ Priori Incantatum
+ Dolores Umbridge
+ I WANT A NIMBUS 2000
+ Ollivanders
+The Marauders Map

User Image

Mischief Managed

I found the sourse of the mysterious ticking noise! Its a pipe bomb! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!
*BOOM*

(tap tap tap) Voldemort, Voldemort, ooohhh, Voldy, Voldy, Voldy, Voldemort! (bah-dum dum dum dum. DAHHH~)

oh man, such epicness.

have you watched A Very Potter Musical?
9 Of Hearts
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
9 Of Hearts
X_Valentine_Lovegood_X
9 Of Hearts

+ it doesn't suck.
+ Fred Weasley.
+ Hedwig.
+ butterbeer.

and much, much more.

HARRY POTTER FTW!!!!

+ Luna Lovegood
+ Severus Snape
+Norbert
+Moaning Myrtle
+Dumbledore's Army
+AVADA KEDAVRA!
+ Polyjuice Potion
+ Veritaserum
+Horcruxes
+Pensieves
+ Priori Incantatum
+ Dolores Umbridge
+ I WANT A NIMBUS 2000
+ Ollivanders
+The Marauders Map

User Image

Mischief Managed

*BOOM*

(tap tap tap) Voldemort, Voldemort, ooohhh, Voldy, Voldy, Voldy, Voldemort! (bah-dum dum dum dum. DAHHH~)

oh man, such epicness.

have you watched A Very Potter Musical?

very epic.

But no, I havent sad
I keep hearing about it, though

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
HP is way better than vampires!!

ninja
I personaly think HP is beater then twilight and ive only seen alittl of HP. i think its beater because of the majic. biggrin

7,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Harry Potter no contest. Harry potter has magic and wizards hand down. I don't know if any else has noticed but every time a new twilight movie comes out the previews look exactly the same as the first one.

Harry Potter has more diversity. Ware wolves, demons, but most importantly WIZARDS!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff