Welcome to Gaia! ::

Acreium's Kouhai

Kitten

Anyone else really excited for this movie?!

I read the series and am waiting on City of Lost Souls and the new one, plus have read The Infernal Devices so I'm seriously psyched for this movie.

All the stills look amazing! emotion_kirakira

Unforgiving Tactician

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I hate the series and I keep telling myself I won't see the movie but my curiosity might get the best of me.

Lover

Life Side Effect

I read the series and am waiting on City of Lost Souls and the new one, plus have read The Infernal Devices so I'm seriously psyched for this movie.

I'm excited for it too, i just wish that clary wasn't played by lily collins. she doesn't fit, to my perspective, i felt that the main character would be a crazy red headed girl. but im still excited. thats the point.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
I am currently reading the book, almost done. Not a huge fan, its similar in pace and rising/falling action to the lightnigng theif series (which was alright I guess). But im thinking if I dont like the look all that much, I dont really think the movie is worth seeing. i know jace looks hot in the movie but thats kind of it.

And from what the previews looked like, looks like jace killed the demon in her house at the begining, when clary was supose to.

Acreium's Kouhai

Kitten

Eternal Goddess of Love

I don't like her either.. Or jamie campbell bower.. He didn't suite my description of jace whatsoever

dragonlover5

I think so too. Jace was just showing off his manly skills and completely ruined Clary's chance of killing the demon.

The rest of the series is great, there are a lot of plot twists! Definitely gets better through the books.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Life Side Effect
Eternal Goddess of Love

I don't like her either.. Or jamie campbell bower.. He didn't suite my description of jace whatsoever

dragonlover5

I think so too. Jace was just showing off his manly skills and completely ruined Clary's chance of killing the demon.

The rest of the series is great, there are a lot of plot twists! Definitely gets better through the books.

hmmm I have this curse in not liking popular books, but I just done like this one. One thing I think is wrong is that it should be first person, the book doesnt need to be third. From what ive read she treats her friend like crap. Jace reminds me of someone I know only takes more pride in himself which I am suprised to say doesnt annoy me.

Versatile Fairy

12,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
Life Side Effect

YESS!! I can not wait! I love the book, the series, the author is just soooo talented! I just really hope my expectations for the movie aren't too too high.

Acreium's Kouhai

Kitten

dragonlover5

Yeah most of the time, if they switch perspectives you don't know who they are writing about until they interact with a character and they say their name, or they mention their name in a description.

ikasu88

Don't worry, mine are XD I just need it to be perfect, or I'll be really disappointed

Astral Phantom

Blah!... The book is great but the movie... Eww Jace is uugly. Hes suppose to be gorgeous. Forgot her name but the female protaganist is okay I can deal afterall she is suppose to be average looking. Simon too I just hope he'll become damn hot later on. But still... Blah! Hopefully their talents(acting) are better than their looks.

Acreium's Kouhai

Kitten

Harmonic Tune
Blah!... The book is great but the movie... Eww Jace is uugly. Hes suppose to be gorgeous. Forgot her name but the female protaganist is okay I can deal afterall she is suppose to be average looking. Simon too I just hope he'll become damn hot later on. But still... Blah! Hopefully their talents(acting) are better than their looks.

THANK YOU SOMEONE AGREES.

JACE. IS. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. ANGELIC. NOT. FEMALE.

Clary? She's supposed to have fire red hair, not brown hair.

Astral Phantom

dragonlover5
Life Side Effect
Eternal Goddess of Love

dragonlover5

hmmm I have this curse in not liking popular books, but I just done like this one. One thing I think is wrong is that it should be first person, the book doesnt need to be third. From what ive read she treats her friend like crap. Jace reminds me of someone I know only takes more pride in himself which I am suprised to say doesnt annoy me.

*giggle* Pride and Prejudice you say?

Blessed Hunter

Unfortunately I am such a butt for being one of those people that dislikes movies if they don't try to follow at least a good, fleshed out skeleton of a book series.

I definitely don't agree with half the cast they chose for the characters, and I am very disappointed that Cassandra Clare allowed them to change up the way her characters were portrayed. It's almost as if she has forgotten what SHE had written them to look like. I feel as if Lily Collins was a decent candidate for Clary, but I would have liked to have seen the bright, frizzy red hair and the awkward girl that is portrayed in the books. Not this fashionable, barely passable red haired projection on the big screen. Jamie Bower may have the attitude and sarcasm for Jace but unfortunately none of the looks she had described in the book (Beauty is to the eye of the beholder I suppose). Simon I feel looks too good considering his character description (the nerdy best friend looks better then the hot main protagonist hm?). Isabelle is supposed to be drop dead gorgeous but compared to Lily Collins she looks rather average. And most of all I am disappointed with the fact Magnus isn't as flambouyantly colored and sparkled as his description ensures I just AUGH THIS MOVIE

I would not doubt if I come out of that theater fuming.

/end rant.

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
omg I cant wait

Acreium's Kouhai

Kitten

CountZera
Unfortunately I am such a butt for being one of those people that dislikes movies if they don't try to follow at least a good, fleshed out skeleton of a book series.

I definitely don't agree with half the cast they chose for the characters, and I am very disappointed that Cassandra Clare allowed them to change up the way her characters were portrayed. It's almost as if she has forgotten what SHE had written them to look like. I feel as if Lily Collins was a decent candidate for Clary, but I would have liked to have seen the bright, frizzy red hair and the awkward girl that is portrayed in the books. Not this fashionable, barely passable red haired projection on the big screen. Jamie Bower may have the attitude and sarcasm for Jace but unfortunately none of the looks she had described in the book (Beauty is to the eye of the beholder I suppose). Simon I feel looks too good considering his character description (the nerdy best friend looks better then the hot main protagonist hm?). Isabelle is supposed to be drop dead gorgeous but compared to Lily Collins she looks rather average. And most of all I am disappointed with the fact Magnus isn't as flambouyantly colored and sparkled as his description ensures I just AUGH THIS MOVIE

I would not doubt if I come out of that theater fuming.

/end rant.

I love Godfrey Gao omg, he's perfect for Magnus in my eyes. But yes, he should have more sass in his fashion, more color.. I don't remember ever seeing colored streaks in his hair for the movie either.

And i agree with you on your image of Clary, she was just this average girl, red hair, green eyes, like her mother. She hardly passes as the book clary..

Cassandra clare was.. Co-director, not? She had a say in cast, she should have chosen better people. In my perspective.

I like Simon too <3 he's pretty cool

Acreium's Kouhai

Kitten

Sarkura_Haruno_16
omg I cant wait

me either 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers