Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,250 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
I loved the cartoon series Avatar. I can't wait for The Last Airbender to come out on DVD so I can see it!

Is Toph in the movie? She was one of my favorite characters.

Any opinions on the movie?
I dont think Toph will be in the movie because it is based on book one of the avatar series and Toph dosent come in till like chapter 8 of book two

1,600 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
I was so obsessed with the show and I'm excited for it to come to the theathers. I didn't see Toph in any of the commericals for the movie, but I have a feeling that she will be in the movie. Zuko was my favorite character in the show heart
there making a movie for all three books of the show so i dont think toph will show up till the second movie

Beloved Warlord

7,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
I'm personally disappointed by the director choice, part of what made the series great was that it had a sense of humor and kept alive the fact that they were really just kids, but I fear that Shyamalan will take all the fun out of it. Not that I don't want to see it, I'm just worried that it's going to try to be more epic and serious than the original show was.

4,250 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
steviepoo90
there making a movie for all three books of the show so i dont think toph will show up till the second movie

Oh, ok. I was worried that she wasn't going to be in it at all because I didn't see her in the previews.
I can't wait for this to come out. I feel like a giddy school girl all over again! mrgreen

Durem Reveler

10,700 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
From the trailers, it seems like they're just going to be basing the movie on Book One. If the movie does well, it'll probably be a trilogy and you'll have to wait to see Toph, Azula, Mei, Ty Lee, and all the rest from book 2 till next year or the year after. I think it'll be better than what they're letting on though. biggrin

4,250 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Debate_Whore
I'm personally disappointed by the director choice, part of what made the series great was that it had a sense of humor and kept alive the fact that they were really just kids, but I fear that Shyamalan will take all the fun out of it. Not that I don't want to see it, I'm just worried that it's going to try to be more epic and serious than the original show was.

I agree. When I found out Shyamalan was the director I was kinda like, wtf. Especially because he did a lot of scary movies. I'm hoping he kept some of the humor in.

Benevolent Fairy

the ONLY thing that would kill this movie for me is if Sokka wasn't funny >.< I'm so freaking excited

4,250 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
XxEvenaxX
From the trailers, it seems like they're just going to be basing the movie on Book One. If the movie does well, it'll probably be a trilogy and you'll have to wait to see Toph, Azula, Mei, Ty Lee, and all the rest from book 2 till next year or the year after. I think it'll be better than what they're letting on though. biggrin

Yeah. Mei and Ty Lee were two of my favorites too. I don't want to wait another year or two to see them. Wah! crying (yes, I am 5 years old. lol)

Durem Reveler

10,700 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Kikutsuya
XxEvenaxX

Yeah. Mei and Ty Lee were two of my favorites too. I don't want to wait another year or two to see them. Wah! crying (yes, I am 5 years old. lol)

lol... I don't wanna wait another year either lol. But for some reason I cannot wait to see who they're gonna get to play Azula. They will either make it or break it with that character I'm afraid.

4,250 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
unseelie-succubus
the ONLY thing that would kill this movie for me is if Sokka wasn't funny >.< I'm so freaking excited

I know! That and if Zuko's uncle doesn't have a sense of humor either.

Benevolent Fairy

Kikutsuya
unseelie-succubus

I know! That and if Zuko's uncle doesn't have a sense of humor either.
i think people would kill Shyamalan if he didnt give em their right personalities 3nodding so he damn well better get it right scream

4,250 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
XxEvenaxX
Kikutsuya
XxEvenaxX

lol... I don't wanna wait another year either lol. But for some reason I cannot wait to see who they're gonna get to play Azula. They will either make it or break it with that character I'm afraid.

Yeah, because she became the main villain so if she's not done right then the whole movie could be off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff