Welcome to Gaia! ::

I watched the movie and read the book..
Reading it is much better though because they get into more details.
But, the movie was too great!

Fashionable Genius

The book duh! The movies just get me more excited about it

Distinct Lunatic

i read and watched the hunger games a pretty long while ago, but i know the book beats the movie.
i watched the hunger games,
it's very cool and I love it.
who knows the new movie of the hunger games series?...
catching fire
I know I am late getting into this, but I have to say book as well. There are a lot of key scenes that the movie shouldn't have been re-written because people who have only seen the movie may not understand how certain events later on connect. Or why Katniss will struggle so much with her decision between Gale and Peeta.
Definitely the book.
I've only seen the film, I've not yet read the books although I do really want to.
Are they worth reading?
Bite Me o_0
I've only seen the film, I've not yet read the books although I do really want to.
Are they worth reading?

They are worth reading. There are some people that think the book gets weaker as it goes, but I really get into the change of atmosphere that develops later into the series.

Romantic Lunatic

I haven't had the opportunity to read the novels yet; so many more on the go, but I'd like to. I have seen the first film, and really enjoyed it. I would still have to say books though (even if I haven't personally read them yet), because there is always a lot more detail, character development, and all the other usual things.

Fashionable Businesswoman

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The book of course, but the movie did do the book some justice 3nodding
I haven't watched the entire movie but I've almost finished the book. So far, I like the book more than the movie. So I say the book.
I liked the movie but I thought the book was way better!! (; I actually loved the movie and the book equally!! (; I'm so excited for Catching Fire be released in November!! (: I love all the books of The Hunger Games!! (: <3333

Profitable Businesswoman

6,425 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
Distinct Disaster
The book is the better version. The movie missed ALOT of good parts that happened in the book. Like when the tributes die, their bodies would be transformed into dogs. Made me reaaal sad to see the movie, but Katniss was looking good. xp

Their bodies were not 'transformed' into dogs. The capital carbon copied their eyes onto the mutts to psych out Katniss and Peeta. It's the same as with the mocking jays in catching fire.

Desirable Explorer

the books are always better. you know everything that is going on and the character's thoughts(sometimes)

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
Definitely the book. You'll find that a lot of things were left out of the movie that made a huge effect on it. Like where she received the Mocking Jay Pin, or where the cat came from, or maybe how her and Gale know each other so well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff