Welcome to Gaia! ::

What did you think about the Amzing Spiderman?

Freakin awesome 0.37956204379562 38.0% [ 52 ]
Pretty good 0.11678832116788 11.7% [ 16 ]
Meh 0.08029197080292 8.0% [ 11 ]
I didn't like it 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
The old spiderman was better 0.072992700729927 7.3% [ 10 ]
3D effects were amazing 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Andrew Garfield <3 0.094890510948905 9.5% [ 13 ]
Emma Stone :D 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
Etc (comment) 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Garbage Fox

Ferrie
♠ Loved the aesthetics, and I thought Garfield made a much better Spider-Man than Tobey. He actually had some snark to him. :c
I felt like for the most part the acting of all the leads was way better than that of any in Raimi's films, ESPECIALLY Stone vs Dunst.

Overall, totally worth my $14.50.

I agree with this.

One of the things I liked most was that I didn't have to watch Tobey's gross ugly-crying.

5,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Ferrie
♠ Loved the aesthetics, and I thought Garfield made a much better Spider-Man than Tobey. He actually had some snark to him. :c
I felt like for the most part the acting of all the leads was way better than that of any in Raimi's films, ESPECIALLY Stone vs Dunst.

im not sure their both great but ur little action thing at the bottom has Professor Mcgonagall or however u spell it in it!!!!!!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Shirtless Friend

Contrary to most opinions, I really didn't like it, and was really disappointed that I spent the extra money to see it in IMAX 3D. It just didn't feel like Spiderman.

Andrew Garfield was a complete miss for me. He had so much trouble covering up his accent during parts of the movie, and he just seemed like a self-entitled brat throughout the film.

The approach on Peter seemed juvenile, at best, and although yes, it was supposed to be set while he was still in high school, any true Spidey fan would know that Peter is supposed to be nerdy, not a skateboarding loser.

The way he got bitten didn't sit well with me either. In fact, the whole scene with the spiders was just weird and felt out of place in comparison to how it really happened.

Spidey was also a flop to me. Other than the ONE scene between him and the carjacker, (the small knives line? Now that was Spider-man.), he lacked pizzazz. Anyone can say he had 'snark' or 'edge' to him, but a quick rundown of his quips, which as Spiderman, should be sassy, just came off as lame.

The only redeeming factor for me was that Dr. Curt Connors was played and portrayed very well. The Lizard, not so much. But Connors was great.

All in all, I would probably rate The Amazing Spiderman under 5. It was just unimpressive and did not feel like Spider-man. To a fan of all ranges of Spidey, I was very disappointed.

Hilarious Raider

2,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Friendly Friend

I think Andrew Garment was soo hot in this movie!

Fatcat

Lucky Pixels
Contrary to most opinions, I really didn't like it, and was really disappointed that I spent the extra money to see it in IMAX 3D. It just didn't feel like Spiderman.

Andrew Garfield was a complete miss for me. He had so much trouble covering up his accent during parts of the movie, and he just seemed like a self-entitled brat throughout the film.

The approach on Peter seemed juvenile, at best, and although yes, it was supposed to be set while he was still in high school, any true Spidey fan would know that Peter is supposed to be nerdy, not a skateboarding loser.

The way he got bitten didn't sit well with me either. In fact, the whole scene with the spiders was just weird and felt out of place in comparison to how it really happened.

Spidey was also a flop to me. Other than the ONE scene between him and the carjacker, (the small knives line? Now that was Spider-man.), he lacked pizzazz. Anyone can say he had 'snark' or 'edge' to him, but a quick rundown of his quips, which as Spiderman, should be sassy, just came off as lame.

The only redeeming factor for me was that Dr. Curt Connors was played and portrayed very well. The Lizard, not so much. But Connors was great.

All in all, I would probably rate The Amazing Spiderman under 5. It was just unimpressive and did not feel like Spider-man. To a fan of all ranges of Spidey, I was very disappointed.

Yeah, I didn't get the skateboarding thing either. That's why I liked Tobey better. Because he was a nerd. Not a skateboarding dude.
I liked Connors too, the Lizard was meh, but he did a good job as the doctor.
it was AMAZING!

Distinct Member

I loved it. Best movie of the summer so far. It's a keeper for me.
Osyra
Saw it yesterday night. It was pretty good, amazing special effects and good direction overall!

But I still prefer Tobey Maguire, he has such a sweet face redface

What do you guys think?

I saw it yesterday with my dad. It was awesome!!! I like it better than the old Spiderman honestly.
Garfield is KEY-YOUT!

7,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Clean Genius

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
better than I expected. I like it. There were parts that I hated. But, overall, I like it.
It was great especially the 3d effects i wish i was spiderwomen..lol biggrin

Fatcat

Eliana Levanos
Ferrie

I agree with this.

One of the things I liked most was that I didn't have to watch Tobey's gross ugly-crying.

Oh pleaseee Tobey isn't gross. He's the most adorable person ever

Garbage Fox

I didn't mean that Tobey in general was gross, I just meant that this is:
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items