Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
So we all know Avengers is coming out and all these other movies... but why haven't I seen anything on "Snow white and the Huntsman"? It actually has the actor who plays Thor as the humtsman. :3 And it looks 10x better than "Mirror Mirror" Which RUINED THE STORY OF SNOW WHITE!

:3 who else is excited for this to come out June 11th?

Shameless Shapeshifter

It's not really on my "OMG MUST SEE!" list, but I am interested to see whether Kristen Stewart can pull herself out of the Scrappy heap.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yanueh
It's not really on my "OMG MUST SEE!" list, but I am interested to see whether Kristen Stewart can pull herself out of the Scrappy heap.

thats the one thing I'm NOT looking forward to, but I hope she shows that she can do good and not be ruined by twilight.

Wheezing Bunny

10,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Meh. Not looking forward to this film. It doesn't make sense to have Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen then cast Kristen Stewart as Snow White. DAFUQ IS THAT?

At least the girl who played Snow White in Mirror Mirror looked more pretty compared to the Evil Queen played by Julia Roberts. neutral

Shameless Shapeshifter

Azulei Gloomspark
Meh. Not looking forward to this film. It doesn't make sense to have Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen then cast Kristen Stewart as Snow White. DAFUQ IS THAT?

I think we should give Stewart a chance. Sure, she was crappy as Bella Swan, but Bella was a crappy character to begin with.

Wheezing Bunny

10,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Yanueh
Azulei Gloomspark

I think we should give Stewart a chance. Sure, she was crappy as Bella Swan, but Bella was a crappy character to begin with.

Well, it's not her acting that I'm really worried about since she was decent in Panic Room but CHRIST, comparing her looks to Charlize Theron... I DON'T EVEN. Must be a shitty magic mirror to tell the Evil Queen that Kristen Stewart is prettier in comparison to her. D:

Shameless Shapeshifter

Azulei Gloomspark
Well, it's not her acting that I'm really worried about since she was decent in Panic Room but CHRIST, comparing her looks to Charlize Theron... I DON'T EVEN. Must be a shitty magic mirror to tell the Evil Queen that Kristen Stewart is prettier in comparison to her. D:

Or an honest magic mirror.
I can't wait(:

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I timed out typeing rofl

I hate this Time Out thing on Gaia.

There were like a Dozen Snow White movies supposed to come out in a 16 month time frame.

I don't know what's happened to the others, but a couple more are still supposed to be coming out eventurally.

The ones we are looking at for now are Mirror Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman. They decided to make Mirror Mirror aimed at slap stick and kiddies by advertising and Snow White and the Huntsmand be for Adults by Advertising.

This all means that all the Snow White movies should have alot of issues. The cast were offered at many companies for many Snow White films. Some Companies were working on 2-3 Snow White at the same time ( not like Part 1 and Part 2, but completely seperate and unrelated movies).

So I don't know if this is good or bad on the cast and their performance being stretched out and stressed out.

This isn't the first time this wreck has happened. In the past they tried to help break up the movies by making slight changes ( for example: Switching to the Story being Cinderella towards the end of production >.< ).

If you believe Snow White is about a Queen vs. a Beauty Queen,.. you are wrong.

Snow White is about a middle aged Psychopath and her innocent teenage step daughter.

The Middle Aged woman is in one fantasy world because she is all the wrong kind of Crazy.

The Step Daughter is in another fantasy world because her life has been full of isolation and trauma.

The woman has married someone that owns alot of bad land in the middle of no where. She is all for being a Queen in her fantasy world. While being physically isolated from real people, she has convinved herself that she is the most beautiful thing on either and she rules all these people. She is NOT a Queen. This is absolutely impossible but would take me forever to explain. Long story short -- She isn't married to a Live King and isn't the mother of a Live King. She would also have to have already been royal blood. Long list of things required she clearly doesn't fit having only female child/ren and blah blah blah.

Snow White is the stark oposite of what is Beautiful and Royal Class. She isn't blonde. She doesn't have large breast ( and butt). She doesn't have light or white hair. She isn't drowning in make up. She isn't drowning in jewelry. She isn't drowning in expensive clothes made of imported materials. She doesn't have Light, Bright,.. lively eyes. She doesn't spend all her day socializing with higher class. She doesn't have the training. She isn't elegent. She is such the Anti-Beauty Queen that her hair is dark as a Raven. She is such the anti-everything that she is isolated.

Snow White is not about a Queen versus a Beauty Queen.

It's about a Psychopath/Sociopath versus a secluded little girl.

The Lunatic is in a Fantasy where she is Queen. Her fantasy stems from dangerous mental illness.

The Little Girl is in a Fantasy where she can talk to objects, plants, and Animals. Her fantasy stems from isolation and trauma forcing her mind to create a more comforting world.

The "Queen" should never make sense and randomly switch to violent fits or not being aware of her surroundings.

Snow White should seem out of place, awkward, ignorant, but unable to cope with reality, completely unaware when others are in danger, hurt, dead, or dying.

So,.. yeah,.. Do you think Charlize can quickly snap and change her personality?

Do you feel Kristen Stewart is completely out of touch with reality? [ Or appear so]

My head is killing me from the TV being too loud and I can't do anything about it. Sorry if this was a wreck.

P.S. Bonus was I had to type something new about 3 times because Gaia kept timing out and eatting my post. So I gave up on a long detailed post. Tried to type whatever I could manage as fast as posible.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
woah... o.o rant....

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Or maybe you can think of Mirror Mirror as Snow White's version of reality and Snow White and the Huntsman being an Outsider's version of reality.

There was a Snow White movie... I think it had Michelle Pfeiffer. It was more like the Queen's version.

Not that any movie really wants to go all out into one character's version of reality.

Rainbow Fatcat

I'm excited. smile
I was impressed by the trailer, and it's one of the few non-comic book-based movies I'm seeing this summer.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
BTW,.. in answer to my own questions ( I should give my own answer).

I do believe Charlize Theron can switch between three modes for scenes and I do believe Kristen Stewart can be completely out of place just fine while seeming an awkward flat chested teen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff