Welcome to Gaia! ::

Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
I just saw it and liked it a lot more than the first one. It did still have artistic license in certain parts, but overall I loved it. I have read he books since the last movie, but I went in expecting it to not follow at all (like the first movie). I especially like the line where Luke says he had to go "...to the depths of Tartarus...", and then Cleveland to get the remains. Jake Abel, the actor, was born not that far from Cleveland, OH, so I found it hilarious that he mentions the city in this movie.

Did you hear it when Hermes mentioned a certain line in the movie?

About how he watched 'The best Show Ever, which means its Canceled?'

That could have been a nod to another amazing show, most likely.
Alas the movie's too short for me to give it beyond a 7.5 out of 10, for reasons I don't know how to explain in-depth yet.

I did, me and a coworker who saw it were both like "Hmmm...Firefly????" Nathan Fillion was amazing in this movie, as were Stanley Tucci and Anthony Head. I have never seen Firefly, but I did see Serenity.

Even how Dionysus is presented makes sense in retrospect, in its own way.

Shy Regular

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
I've never read the books and thought the first one was awful as hell. I can't imagine any way that a basis like that would make for a sequel I could like.
I'd much rather read the original Greek myths; I just think turning it all into a modern version is kinda dumb, like something highschoolers came up with. Reminds me of a decent song being remixed into hiphop.

Fashionable Shopper

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Red Wysteria
I've never read the books and thought the first one was awful as hell. I can't imagine any way that a basis like that would make for a sequel I could like.
I'd much rather read the original Greek myths; I just think turning it all into a modern version is kinda dumb, like something highschoolers came up with. Reminds me of a decent song being remixed into hiphop.

The books are stories that the author, Rick Riordan, told his son when he was little. His son wanted his dad to make up a bedtime story based off of the Greek mythology, so maybe that is why it sounds like a high school student came up with it: it was meant for a little kid.
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Red Wysteria

The books are stories that the author, Rick Riordan, told his son when he was little. His son wanted his dad to make up a bedtime story based off of the Greek mythology, so maybe that is why it sounds like a high school student came up with it: it was meant for a little kid.

That said, I'm surprised no one went with the Middle ages for a tale like this.
Not necessarily Hundred Year Wars-rooted in particular, sometime before that maybe?

Fashionable Shopper

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Red Wysteria

Not necessarily Hundred Year Wars-rooted in particular, sometime before that maybe?

I think this way the son could imagine he was in the story more so, like he could walk around New York and perhaps meet Percy. That, or the son wanted a story set in modern day America.
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Red Wysteria

I think this way the son could imagine he was in the story more so, like he could walk around New York and perhaps meet Percy. That, or the son wanted a story set in modern day America.

For all we know, it could be both.

The Middle Ages would have made for amazing grounds for contentment though, if discussed reasonably.

Fashionable Shopper

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Red Wysteria

The Middle Ages would have made for amazing grounds for contentment though, if discussed reasonably.

That it could. However, I like the way it is told, especially when adding in the Kane Chronicles and the Heroes of Olympus storylines
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Red Wysteria

That it could. However, I like the way it is told, especially when adding in the Kane Chronicles and the Heroes of Olympus storylines

Fair enough in regards like these.

OOC: You ever role-played before?

Fashionable Shopper

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross

Unfortunately no. My coworkers are getting something together, but I'll be unable to go to them.
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross

Unfortunately no. My coworkers are getting something together, but I'll be unable to go to them.

So back to the matters of the movie at hand, how's the music?

OOC: You know of Co-workers to name worth asking?

Fashionable Shopper

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross

The music was really good. I liked when they played Fall Out Boy during the obstacle course.

OOC: My co-workers always plan things that fall through, so I doubt this new plan will last.
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross
Frank_Iero_is_my_hero
Javier Cross

The music was really good. I liked when they played Fall Out Boy during the obstacle course.

OOC: My co-workers always plan things that fall through, so I doubt this new plan will last.

My Songs know what you did in the dark(so light 'em up)

OOC: Perhaps I could talk to them and show them something that might be the exception to them.
i love the first movie but this one idk
this one seems bad
I just thought it ironic that the actors were portrayed as older and even looked older than the characters were in the books and now its been how many years? Everything is supposed to take place before Percy turns 16 and he already looks 16 smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff