Welcome to Gaia! ::

Disney is coming out with Maleficent this summer. It's the story of Sleeping beauty told from her (the villainess) point of view. I think it's interesting. You can find some info here! 
Some famous names are in it. I'm just hoping the best for it. What are your thoughts?
It looks awesome! Haven't seen Angelina in a movie for a while

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
~*~

Well, I'm not sure what to say to that. I guess I'll have to watch when it comes out, if I ever get the chance.

~*~

Partying Sex Symbol

riemujoy
Disney is coming out with Maleficent this summer. It's the story of Sleeping beauty told from her (the villainess) point of view. I think it's interesting. You can find some info here! 
Some famous names are in it. I'm just hoping the best for it. What are your thoughts?

I want to see it because Sharlto Copley will be in it
I would agree that it does sound interesting too, however, I can't help but feel the movie is going to be like Oz: The Great and Powerful, which despite being told from a different perspective had a lot of the typical Disney elements in it stare , and I DID NOT LIKE how the witches were depicted! They were either naive, evil, or desperate! stressed
This movie will do well or will blow. Maleficant or however you spell her name is just not interesting. Granted this movie being made, maybe the character will grow so ill just have to wait and see.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I don't have a lot of faith in it I'm afraid. This whole thing with taking old movies and making new versions of them has never done well and is a disgrace to the film community.
I can't wait to see how much this movie will upset feminism. I'll be impressed if Disney presents her well enough. Personally, I loved Sleeping Beauty and I have a thing for the villains so this'll be great with those criteria. Just a matter of quality.

Willow_SheWolf
I don't have a lot of faith in it I'm afraid. This whole thing with taking old movies and making new versions of them has never done well and is a disgrace to the film community.

I think 'disgrace to the film community' is a bit far. And most stories are retells of old s**t. Disney uses Shakespeare, the Grimm brothers and all kinds of external and old sources to create their movies. Finding new ways to tell stories enriches the canon. And you are incorrect about that kind of movie never being done well. It is done well time and time again, humans just tend to remember negatives more than positives. Or maybe you need to stop going into the cinema expecting a perfect re-enactment of your favourite movies.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
The Puppets Son
I can't wait to see how much this movie will upset feminism. I'll be impressed if Disney presents her well enough. Personally, I loved Sleeping Beauty and I have a thing for the villains so this'll be great with those criteria. Just a matter of quality.

Willow_SheWolf

I think 'disgrace to the film community' is a bit far. And most stories are retells of old s**t. Disney uses Shakespeare, the Grimm brothers and all kinds of external and old sources to create their movies. Finding new ways to tell stories enriches the canon. And you are incorrect about that kind of movie never being done well. It is done well time and time again, humans just tend to remember negatives more than positives. Or maybe you need to stop going into the cinema expecting a perfect re-enactment of your favourite movies.

Calm down, Puppet, I was just offering an opinion.
I don't go to the movies expecting perfect re-enactments- actually I don't usually watch re-enactments at all because I don't enjoy them, I've tried giving them a chance, but I just can't get into them to be honest. I prefer the originals.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sick of seeing remakes and variations of the same stories over and over again, something new would be more appreciated.

Romantic Demigod

I think it looks alright but hard to say, as Sleeping Beauty was one of my favorite movies as a child so I hope they do not mess this up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff