Welcome to Gaia! ::

I seriously started dieting with the help of the MyFitnessPal app around 3 months ago, which limits your daily calorie intake. My start weight was 183, I believe. Now I'm about 168 and still going, even without the help from the app now. I haven't weighed myself in the past few weeks so it's hard for me to say what my weight is now, but I think I've been doing well. For the majority of the diet, I wasn't entirely active other than being at school. Recently I've been going to the gym, and have been feeling great. But that's put on hold for now since I'm on search for my gym card. D;
It's hard to motivate myself at times but I know I can do it. Since I'm a pretty short dude (5'0" ) my goal weight is pretty down there, 130. So I know it's gonna take even more hard work and dedication. But I'm definitely ready for it.

I also want to know what kinds of food that can help boost your metabolism? Since I usually do regular consumption of green tea/blueberries/etc.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Ohhh congrats! MyFitnessPal is a gift from Heaven, I'm telling you.

And I'm completely shocked at how much you have already lost without hardly any exercise! Wow, that's amazing!

Really, before I read that you have been drinking green tea, that was going to be my number one recommendation to boost your metabolism.

Honestly, with me, I have a painfully slow metabolism and I'm surprised I weigh the amount I do right now, considering that I am trying to lose weight.

Besides what you're doing, I have no other advice to help you speed up your metabolism besides eating apples, pears, and peppers. Essentially any other kind of citrus fruit will help speed it up.

On another note, one thing that I have noticed to keep you full for a long period of time and is great for weight loss or maintaining your weight is eggs. Eggs has a lot of the supplements that is needed to keep your body healthy and the food itself will keep you full for a good period of time. Of course, you can also do things to make eggs taste amazing as well. I generally add in spices to my scrambled eggs, peppers, and turkey meat.

Yum yum!
Cresandra
Ohhh congrats! MyFitnessPal is a gift from Heaven, I'm telling you.

And I'm completely shocked at how much you have already lost without hardly any exercise! Wow, that's amazing!

Really, before I read that you have been drinking green tea, that was going to be my number one recommendation to boost your metabolism.

Honestly, with me, I have a painfully slow metabolism and I'm surprised I weigh the amount I do right now, considering that I am trying to lose weight.

Besides what you're doing, I have no other advice to help you speed up your metabolism besides eating apples, pears, and peppers. Essentially any other kind of citrus fruit will help speed it up.

On another note, one thing that I have noticed to keep you full for a long period of time and is great for weight loss or maintaining your weight is eggs. Eggs has a lot of the supplements that is needed to keep your body healthy and the food itself will keep you full for a good period of time. Of course, you can also do things to make eggs taste amazing as well. I generally add in spices to my scrambled eggs, peppers, and turkey meat.

Yum yum!

I was actually extremely surprised since I thought my metabolism was slow as well, I didn't think that the app would actually work tbh but boy was I wrong. It works like a charm and I recommend it to everyone who's trying to lose weight!
But yep, green tea is everything to me, and I've been drinking it a lot even before dieting. XD So I guess that's helped tons along with fruits and other fresh food. I stay away from processed foods like fast food or TV dinners as much as possible.

But also, I've started eating the Weight Watchers Smart Ones, and even that's helped me lose weight!
Thank you for the advice, so much and I hope you do well. c:
Yeah, me too started dieting and some light exercise like walking, running, swimming and playing football...Wow i really gained much weight loss and good body shape also...now avoided all the fast food items and added fruit and vegetables...i am also thinking to start yoga... smile
Congratulations man! I've lost 40 pounds since last year, still got 20 more pounds to go!!! woot!! biggrin
Woah I wish I could loose even 5 kilos, but I gained 5

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces