Welcome to Gaia! ::

Most people probably have grown up being overweight and there are gonna be alot of your peers who are going to unintentionally make fun of you by calling you fat/chubby/big and it's frustruating.... I've gone through so much my whole life and me being overweight was something that caused me severe depression. Girls would call me the cute guy and would not even consider me more than anything than just a friend. I decided to lose weight, but in order to do this I consumed only about 500-1,000 calories per day with an addition of about 4-7. This caused many problems to my body and many potential health risks. I dropped down to 140 pounds and I still wanted to lose more and I had fear of gaining weight. After every meal I would walk a few miles and I would skip dinner. If I felt a bit full, then I would immediately stop eating and I started to look emaciated. I realized that I had very low self-esteem and it continued to go downhill, but I finally learned to really love myself for who I am. Just because someone is obese or overweight doesn't mean they are ugly or that there is something wrong with them, but since society and the media has made it seem as though it is something undesireable we too find it undesirable

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The right is my most recent picture, but the first one was when I gained the most weight and the second one was when I was at my skinniest. The reason why I got so fat is because I got alot of attention towards people who thought my eating ability was crazy, but in the end I realized they weren't laughing with me, but they were laughing at me. The middle picture was when I was nearly anorexic and overly obsessed on how my body looked and I also got alot of attention from people being amazed at how much weight I was losing. I am now 180-190 lbs and I am content at how I look. I now have full focus on weight training and I continue to try to be the stronger version of myself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is me now.

And here is me squatting, I eat around 2,500-3,000 a day most of it being carbs and protein and no longer is starvation a problem for me, smile
ninja ninja My lifting routine ninja ninja

Monday (Strength day):
Main Lifts: Bench Press 5 sets of 3 repetitions of 245 pounds and Squat 5 sets of 5 repetitions of 275 pounds on Squat after one set of 335 pounds Max Effort.
Accessory lifts: Leg Press for 5 sets of 10 with 5 plates repetitions and Skull Crushers 5 sets of 10 repetitions with 75 pounds.
Accessory lifts (alternating week): Hack Squat for 5 sets of 10 of 250 pounds Leg Extensions 5 sets of 10 45 pounds and Overhead press with 95 pounds 5 sets of 10 repetitions

Tuesday (Pull day):
Warm up: Barbell Rows 5 sets of 10 repetitions with 135 pounds. Abdominal crunches 5 sets of 40 repetitions
Main lift: Deadlifts 5 sets of 5 repetitions of 275 pounds after one set of Max Effort 335 pounds.
Accessory lifts: Pull ups (bodyweight and close grip) 3 sets of 8 repetitions, Cable rows 155 pounds 3 sets of 8 repetitions, Bicep cheat curls 5 sets of 10 repetitions 95 pounds. Good Mornings 5 sets of 10 repetition 95 pounds.
Accessory lifts (alternating week): Dumbbell rows 5 sets of 10 repetitions with 80 pounds, Wide grip pull ups (bodyweight) 5 sets of 5 repetitions, Stiff-legged deadlifts 5 sets of 10 repetitions with 135 pounds.

Wednesday (Push day):
Main Lift: Bench Press 5 sets of 5 repetitions with 225 pounds.
Accessory lifts: Incline dumbbell press 80 pounds 5 sets of 12 repetitions, Dips (bodyweight) 5 sets of 10 repetitions, Triceps push downs 100 pounds 5 sets of 15 repetitions.
Accessory lifts (alternating week): Incline bench press 5 sets of 7 repetitions with 185 pounds, Dumbbell flies 5 sets of 12 repetitions with 35 pounds, and Skull Crushers 5 sets of 10 repetitions with 95 pounds.

Thursday (Rest Day):
Circuit training: Box Jumps (3 feet) 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
Cardiovascular training: Stairmaster 30 minutes.

Friday (Light Pull Day and Squat Day):
Main Lift: Speed Deadlifts 135 pounds 10 sets of 10, Deficit Deadlifts (standing on a 5 inch platform) 5 sets of 5 repetitions with 185 pounds. Squats 5 sets of 10 repetitions with 225 pounds.
No Accessory lifts

Saturday (Max Effort Bench Press):
Bench Press: Warm up with 50% of Bench Press max (135 pounds 2 sets of 5 repetition), 65% of Bench Press max (185 pounds 1 set of 3 repetitions), 80% of Bench Press max 225 pounds (225 pounds 1 set of two repetitions).
Max Effort Bench Press: 90% of Bench Press max (265 pounds for one press with a one second pause). 95% of Bench Press max (275 pounds with no pause).
This is going to be my program and I will attempt to add 2.5 pounds of weight for the Bench Press and 5 pounds for the Squat and Deadlift every 2-3 weeks. (Change of program may occur depending on loss of strength or injuries).

Sunday (Complete Rest)
ninja ninja ninja ninja

Shopper

Dude that story is great. Way to motivate, man.
You're looking awesome, btw! Keep it up. I love the routine you have going on. I am a runner so I do not work on legs at all at the gym, besides simple monotonous exercises to work the fast-twitch muscle fibers, but I max at 165 lbs on bench. Considering two months ago I only did 95, this is a huge accomplishment for me and reading about you makes me even more confident that I can achieve two plates by the time I start college in the Fall.
Keep up the good work. emotion_omnomnom

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Wonderful thread sir! I enjoyed reading this.

Keep up the great work.
T o l3 y
Dude that story is great. Way to motivate, man.
You're looking awesome, btw! Keep it up. I love the routine you have going on. I am a runner so I do not work on legs at all at the gym, besides simple monotonous exercises to work the fast-twitch muscle fibers, but I max at 165 lbs on bench. Considering two months ago I only did 95, this is a huge accomplishment for me and reading about you makes me even more confident that I can achieve two plates by the time I start college in the Fall.
Keep up the good work. emotion_omnomnom

Where you heading to for college?

Smoker

verry cool...
I used to be REAL BIG in hs. never had a bf s**t I was so fat. 300-340lbs
then I had really beat myself up a lot got into drugs got SUPER skinny...130.
and I was so ugly.
I ended getting pregnate and BALLONED!!!! I was tipping the scale at 380lbs

Ive lost 50lbs so far... Weight loss is a part of my recovery. I hope to be somewhere in the middle aiming for 230. I look pretty normal around there.. Im verry tall and have a verry athletic/muscular build.

It was verry reasuring to see your post this morning...

I made some recent changes since I dont really excersize I just basically cut out fat a** foods and switched EVerything to like you know instead of beef turkey or bacon turkey bacon. milk, lactose free fat free milk. even lo carb tortillas. However I put one of my cousins older kids in daycar after school so basically I have to do the walk, I started working on major home renovations to keep me busy like cleaning and remodeling the garage, cutting, edging maintaining the yard, anything to work up a sweat.
KoreanChocoBoy

You were attractive over weight and under weight. But you look so healthy now! That you have found the winner!
I'm sorry you had to go through all that you did, But it has made you so much stronger! I hope you continue to do what you're doing! I don't know you but reading your story made me very happy! for you and in general.
I'm so glad that you've turned to fitness to get healthy and stay in shape. You look great and that's a very inspiring story.

p.s. you're cute. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces