Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tell people about my weight loss plans/goals/workouts?

Yes. 0.44736842105263 44.7% [ 17 ]
No. 0.10526315789474 10.5% [ 4 ]
Gold. 0.44736842105263 44.7% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 38 ]
< 1 2

I've been cutting back on sodas but I have days where I drink like three can sodas... diet but still sodas... and diet soda is just as bad as regular soda.... but I just try to choose water when I can and try hard to resist the temptation of soda. I've been eating well just not the right amount... I'll not eat breakfast and lunch but eat dinner... and sometimes it's a big meal sometimes not so much... weird I know you'd think if I didn't eat breakfast and lunch I'd be starving but sometimes I'm just not... but I know I need to eat and eat healthy foods, in the right portions, for around 4 to 6 times a day. I think I should focus on just getting three healthy meals down first though... lol.... I've got an idea as to about what size a regular dinner plate portion should be but if I'm going to be eating 4 to 6 times a day I believe it would have to be much smaller.... anyone have any ideas as to what size my mini meals should be?
Ok so I realized that I needed to start counting calories so I've been doing that. And I've had a deficit of calories for the past few days but today I know I went over... not sure how much over but probably a good bit over... I went to an Indian buffet and it was all so so so good. I don't do this often so I think I'll be ok. Hopefully tonight won't have set me back to far. Anyone else feel crazy at the buffets?
Ok I weighed myself the other day and I have lost six pounds but I ate really bad today... hopefully it'll even out as I work out and eat healthy again. So w00t for weight lost but boo for eating poorly... but that bacon cheese burger was so SO good. lol

LaBlunt30's Waifu

Friendly Millionaire

8,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
ornithar
Anyone else have any thoughts/ideas?

*What helps motivate me is looking at the Health & Fitness pictures on pinterest. Really think hard about why you want to look good, and maybe even who you want to look good for? That's what has helped me, I want to be toned for my boyfriend, although he loves me just the way I am even if I got bigger. Jello is a really good snack ! It will help with your appetite and it isn't a lot of calories. I started to eat healthy during the week and weekends I allow myself to eat bad, however by the time I get to the weekend I don't even want anything bad ! Try to eat a salad every day, even if its small. Greens are key to loosing weight. Also find a protein shake, they are a good meal replacement. I like the Equate Vanilla ones from Walmart. When you eat better you feel better because you are treating your body well and giving it proper nutrition. Try to be active, don't sit in front of the TV all day. Sitting makes you want to eat.
Good Appetite surpressants:
- Jello
- Nuts
- Apple
- Carrots
- Grapes
- Gronola Bars

Good Luck on your Journey, I hope you reach your goal!! 3nodding
just give me my gold, but i hope it works out for you guys =))
-BakedCookiez-
ornithar
Anyone else have any thoughts/ideas?

*What helps motivate me is looking at the Health & Fitness pictures on pinterest. Really think hard about why you want to look good, and maybe even who you want to look good for? That's what has helped me, I want to be toned for my boyfriend, although he loves me just the way I am even if I got bigger. Jello is a really good snack ! It will help with your appetite and it isn't a lot of calories. I started to eat healthy during the week and weekends I allow myself to eat bad, however by the time I get to the weekend I don't even want anything bad ! Try to eat a salad every day, even if its small. Greens are key to loosing weight. Also find a protein shake, they are a good meal replacement. I like the Equate Vanilla ones from Walmart. When you eat better you feel better because you are treating your body well and giving it proper nutrition. Try to be active, don't sit in front of the TV all day. Sitting makes you want to eat.
Good Appetite surpressants:
- Jello
- Nuts
- Apple
- Carrots
- Grapes
- Gronola Bars

Good Luck on your Journey, I hope you reach your goal!! 3nodding

Thank you so much for your help... I've been having a rough time but you've given me some great ideas! Thank you!
Ok I haven't been doing too well... I haven't exercised at all this month and I've been chowing down on Girl Scout cookies... they are all gone now so yay but boo because I ate them.... I guess this means it's time for me to pause and re commit myself to my goals... I'm going to try really hard to not have any soda... I want to get back on my good water intake... I could see how it helped my skin a whole lot. So that's one positive thing I have to look forward to... by doing something sorta easy... lol. I don't know why but I've been having a hard time getting up and going in the morning... I think if I start drinking more water and just forcing myself to go and exercise I'll start a habit and just do it in the morning... at least I hope so... hopefully I can pull this off... anyone else have any goals they are trying to reach?

Friendly Citizen

Hey ornithar!

Don't be afraid of 'failure'. I like to call them 'setbacks'. Sometimes, I admittedly experience some set backs. But true failure, to me, is when you stop trying altogether. Even if 'trying' means that you drank water today instead of say..soda. Or if you binged on take out food for a whole week without exercising but then decided to pick yourself back up and return to your workout/healthy eating journey. Because even though you may experience set backs, at least you kept trying despite that.

My motivation basically stems from me wanting to help others, be able to physically transport/lift them in case of an emergency [currently studying to become a nurse which requires physical fitness] and I also want to avoid/decrease the chances of getting cancer, disease, illness and, in turn, decrease potential medical-related bills.

So if you happen to want to travel some day or go hiking, or participate in a marathon for a good cause, etc, those are some pretty great reasons to help motivate you. : )

I actually just started my 'fitness journey' today. You're welcome to check out my thread- it's posted in the main 'Health & Fitness' forum entitled 'Crissy's Fitness Journey 2015'.
My goal that I'm trying to reach is getting to be 110 pounds again.

You're doing great, by the way! It's really the small accomplishments each day that snowball into a huge health progress. So keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up if you 'give in' to something here and there. Just keep getting back up and persevering. : )

EDIT: also- something that I've learned back then in 2012 when I was exercising regularly, was that I gained pounds because of muscle. So don't be discouraged if you notice yourself gaining weight after working out. It's likely that it's due to muscle which is great because muscle gives you physical strength and helps you burn more calories in the long run. [a common misconception about muscle is that you'll look like Hercules if you do strength training- so don't be afraid to incorporate strength exercises like body weight exercises [sit-ups, push-ups, etc]]

Toxic Fatcat

ornithar
Hi... I am extremely overweight and I decided this year I would try to change that. I know basically what to do but does anyone have any ideas on what to eat? What exercise to do? How to stay motivated?

I was thinking of keeping this a secret from the people in my life because I'm so worried that I'll fail like the last time I tried this and I don't want them to know my failure or see their looks on their faces if I don't make it. I understand that it's good to tell people for accountability but I am just so afraid of failure... anyone have any words of encouragement? I want to start but I'm afraid... I want to just do it but I'm worried I'll just wind up doing the same things again and I'll just mess up.

I'm looking at losing maybe 100 to 130 pounds to give you an idea of how much I'm trying to lose.

I am also extremely overweight (well morbid in my case) and I understand the struggle to either say your intention or not to your close ones. Before I lost 150lbs but I regained everything when I started dating my current boyfriend. My family was supportive but yeah they now don't really believe in anything and just you know give up on my case as they don't think I can make it. But in the end your doing this for yourself and if it can help, to show them what you can do and how strong you are.

I don't know your exact weight but at first you need to eat well, walk at least 30min daily, don't do too much as it might hurt your body. When you think you are ready for more you can do work out at home with videos or find a sport you would like to do. If you like swimming it is a very good exercise anytime no matter the weight it doesn't stress your body at all.

I know for me I am an EXTREMELY picky eater and it is hard to find a good balanced diet but what I did was looking on the internet and find what diet/food that could be considered more healthy choice.

One thing I found important to start with was removing bread, pasta, rice, potato of my daily diet. Yes there will be some unhealthy meal in my diet once in a while but I am finding snacks, dessert that can satisfy me from sweet craving and some meal I like in healthy version of them.

My own motivation is my mirror I don't like what I see and I want to be something more. And also I want to prove the world that I am able to do it. In reality more you go into weight loss more your fighting yourself, your self-esteem and all that.

so overall just believe in yourself and you can do it ! You got a first step, wanting to do a change.

Toxic Fatcat

ornithar
Ok I haven't been doing too well... I haven't exercised at all this month and I've been chowing down on Girl Scout cookies... they are all gone now so yay but boo because I ate them.... I guess this means it's time for me to pause and re commit myself to my goals... I'm going to try really hard to not have any soda... I want to get back on my good water intake... I could see how it helped my skin a whole lot. So that's one positive thing I have to look forward to... by doing something sorta easy... lol. I don't know why but I've been having a hard time getting up and going in the morning... I think if I start drinking more water and just forcing myself to go and exercise I'll start a habit and just do it in the morning... at least I hope so... hopefully I can pull this off... anyone else have any goals they are trying to reach?

honestly at the moment I am loosing weight while eating pancake in the morning xD

Those damn pancakes. Stop being delicious lol. I follow this website a lot I love her recipes.

I think I might start my own topic soon .___. instead of just blogging in a guild

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff