Here is a poll for stopping by. <3

Thanku for the gold! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 8 ]
Good luck! 0.54166666666667 54.2% [ 13 ]
<3 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Beloved Nerd

Hai~

This is my own little success thread, where I can post updates, hopefully motivate others, discuss weight loss related things, and make some friends hopefully! n u n

Recently, I was at my all time highest weight. I had swore a year before that I'd never, ever reach a certain weight (I'm not comfortable disclosing numbers yet.. I hope you understand), and at my all time heaviest... I was 30 pounds beyond that. It depressed me for the longest time; my self-confidence was gone, and it seemed no matter how hard I tried, how many diets I undertook, and how much I exercised... nothing came off. It was like fat-glue.. and I hated it. emo

HOWEVER.

Over the last 2 or so months, things all changed! I educated myself more about food (actually, I learned that for me personally, my body cannot take the sugars that are in fruits; it produces more insulin and has resulted in my mid-section fat.. which I had no idea of. I thought I was eating super healthy, eating a ton of fruits a day.. not even thinking about the sugar and how my body would respond to it), made some lifestyle changes with food, and jumped started a more dedicated and intense workout that works for me and my body.

25 POUNDS GONE! User Image

I have sooooo much more energy and I'm doing things I could never do before. I'm actually running without pain in my knees, and running for longer periods of time. I'm doing 1.5 - 2 hour workouts a day (which works for me, personally) and at the end I just feel so accomplished and proud of myself. I can already feel my self-confidence rising, and it's wonderful.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Nerd

MY ULTIMATE GOAL

145 pounds

MONTHLY GOALS

July 10th - August 10th
- 10 pounds.
Lost -- TBD
Met? _____

August 10th - September 10th
- 10-15 pounds.
Lost -- TBD
Met? _____

September 10th - October 10th
- 10-15 pounds.
Lost -- TBD
Met? _____

October 10th - November 10th
- 10-15 pounds.
Lost -- TBD
Met? _____

November 10th - December 25th
- 15 pounds
Lost -- TBD
Met? _____

I would ideally like to have lost at least 40 pounds in the next 5 months, if not more. But, that is my short-term goal that I will be reaching for over the next few months. 4laugh

Beloved Nerd

6 MONTH PROGRESS

Every 6 months I will update this little post here with my progress, until I have finally reached my goal weight. User Image

Starting Weight -- xxx

December 2012 -- TBD
June 2013 -- TBD
December 2013 -- TBD
June -- 2014 -- TBD

Goal Weight -- 145 pounds!

Hopefully I won't need to add more than that... and hopefully it won't take me 2 years, but if it does, then it does. I'm dedicated to undergoing and finishing this weight loss journey so that I can begin a new journey. 3nodding

I will eventually add my starting weight to my posts once I feel more comfortable. I'm just not ready to yet.

Beloved Nerd

MONTHLY HIGHLIGHTS

Here I will be posting some random little highlights from my day, that I hope will help motivate and inspire others.. as well as continuously help and motivate myself. n u n

User Image
SPOTLIGHT ( 7/11/12 )
I have finally broken past the plateau I had been stuck on for the last few weeks! I've been stuck between two weights for what's felt like forever and not only have I broken past that barrier, over the last 3 days, but I did so by 5 pounds! User Image

July 10th -- I had the most energetic and physically active day in honestly... years. I power walked, jogged, and ran for a good hour, and then even added in 30-40 minutes at the gym. I found myself super-charged, almost, with excitement... like I would explode if I didn't get out there and go be active... and so I did. It was an amazing feeling, and seeing myself accomplish so much was an incredible boost in confidence. I really stopped believing that I could be that super-active healthy person. My mood also dramatically changed; I wasn't depressed or low-key... I was extroverted and excited and... happy. :3

July 11th --Another awesome day! My workout was almost 2 full hours! I went out running this morning, which was great for me; I didn't experience any knee pain and I was chalk full of energy. I also took my dog out and ran around with her for 40 or so minutes.. which was epic. Hit the gym again and biked almost 6 miles! Yesterday was only 3.65 ... so today was more productive. I also got in 100, 50 pound resistant, ab crunches again.. which I love doing. I'm starting to feel a tightening in my sides and tummy. User Image I also want to get an actual bike, so I can go biking. whee

July 12th -- Eeeeee! Today was such an accomplishment for me! 2 months ago I tried the stair master at the gym and it... honestly, whooped my a**. I was huffing and puffing after 3 minutes on it and my knees were in agony. Today at the gym (was in there for an hour today) I got back on and I whooped the stair master's a**! *dances* I did 1.4 miles on it! Victory! User Image I also did my ab crunches with 50 pounds of resistance... lost count after 100, but I think it was around 120. I also power walked and ran for 40 minutes. I'm starting to notice a slimming in my waist, and so are others. heart

July 16th -- This past weekend was a difficult one. I ended up pulling or tearing a muscle behind my knee and it became so hard to walk (just pain). Because of that, I didn't exercise on Saturday, and due to work stress... ended up eating too much macaroni and cheese. I felt horrible and disgusting... I think, because I know how hard calories are to work off, and I felt like I undid so much of my hard work. It was depressing. But, I've accepted that these things will happen, and I've moved on. My knee is healing up nicely and yesterday I did some light strengthening exercises and today I was able to jog and hit the gym. Feeling much better. >w<

July 17th -- Today felt like my comeback after the bump I hit. I had an amazing workout that consisted of 35 minutes jogging and power walking, and then 65 minutes in the gym! I biked 7.85 miles and did 2.13 on the stair master -- new accomplishments! I'm very proud of myself that I kept pushing forward and I feel like I'm back on the right path again. 4laugh

July 24th -- I has lost some more pounds! I think it's quite possible that I will be meeting my goal for the month! heart

Beloved Nerd

Hmm... okie! I think that's all I need.

This thread is now open for chatting and stuffs. User Image

Friendly Regular

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hell yeah! Go Plushie!

Beloved Nerd

Chasind
Hell yeah! Go Plushie!

*glomps!* emotion_hug heart

I just got back from the gym! Feeling accomplished... and a little sore. Got an almost 2 hour workout in today. It was like... an hour and 50 or 55 minutes. xd

Friendly Regular

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i are plushie
Chasind
Hell yeah! Go Plushie!

*glomps!* emotion_hug heart

I just got back from the gym! Feeling accomplished... and a little sore. Got an almost 2 hour workout in today. It was like... an hour and 50 or 55 minutes. xd

heck yeah, you go girl >:3
-hugs-
gaia_diamond

Beloved Nerd

Chasind
heck yeah, you go girl >:3
-hugs-
gaia_diamond

*squees and hugs* Thanks for coming by Chas; I definitely appreciate the encouragement and support. gaia_kittenstar

Dedicated Loiterer

Wowies!
Way to go, Plushie!
razz
My fitness plan shall start soon- then I will be getting a puppy, to keep it up!

I know with that attitude, you will reach your goal in no time at all!
You're awesome!

Beloved Nerd

Dulcis-Memoria
Wowies!
Way to go, Plushie!
razz
My fitness plan shall start soon- then I will be getting a puppy, to keep it up!

You're awesome!

*happyflails* Thanku! User Image

I saw that you had picked your puppy out! Which one did you end up choosing? 4laugh

Aw, thank you so much! emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug It's going to take a bit of time since I'm not one of those people who can do a sit up and drop 5 pounds.. and I have a bit that I want to lose, but I'm going to make sure it happens. 3nodding

Dedicated Loiterer

i are plushie
Dulcis-Memoria
Wowies!
Way to go, Plushie!
razz

You're awesome!

*happyflails* Thanku! User Image

I saw that you had picked your puppy out! Which one did you end up choosing? 4laugh

Aw, thank you so much! emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug It's going to take a bit of time since I'm not one of those people who can do a sit up and drop 5 pounds.. and I have a bit that I want to lose, but I'm going to make sure it happens. 3nodding

I got the fattest, cutest, most playful bundle of fluff in the whole litter. razz
User Image

She is freakin' cute! She is tiny and only 4 weeks old there, so in 4 weeks, she will be much bigger and mine to take home! heart

I'm not either. However, I did take some college swim classes and dropped weight like crazy. razz
3 times a week for 45-60 minutes. It worked for a while, then I just stopped... But that's because I never increased how hard I worked or the length of time I worked... and I ate more. razz

My biggest issue is motivating myself. So I chose to get an active dog that may destroy my house if I don't take her out for some strenuous walks and play time! (It's perfect!) xD

Also, work out buddies make things more interesting!

Interesting Informer

Good luck hun.
I should really take a page out of your book sooner or later XD.
I will be here to encourage you if you need it though~

Beloved Nerd

Dulcis-Memoria
I got the fattest, cutest, most playful bundle of fluff in the whole litter. razz
User Image

She is freakin' cute! She is tiny and only 4 weeks old there, so in 4 weeks, she will be much bigger and mine to take home! heart

I'm not either. However, I did take some college swim classes and dropped weight like crazy. razz
3 times a week for 45-60 minutes. It worked for a while, then I just stopped... But that's because I never increased how hard I worked or the length of time I worked... and I ate more. razz

My biggest issue is motivating myself. So I chose to get an active dog that may destroy my house if I don't take her out for some strenuous walks and play time! (It's perfect!) xD

Also, work out buddies make things more interesting!

Awwwww! She's so cute! Look at that little face! User Image What kind of dog is she? n u n

I hope the 4 weeks flies by for you, so you can bring your cute, little, fluffy baby home forever. heart

Oooo, that's a great idea! I have a pool here to use, but I haven't gotten into it yet. I should, though, as swimming will help me tone up. Thanks for reminding me about swimming. xD Aw, so your progress sort of fell flat after a while? I can understand the motivation issue... I've had that for the longest time, where I'd either not feel like exercising or I'd convince myself that I could only do so much, and that's all I did.. which wasn't enough. >.<

Hopefully having a new puppy around will get you more physically active; get some squeaky tennis balls and a frisbee and go out. You'll be exhausted by the time you go home. That's what I do with my dog. xd

Beloved Nerd

Sudden Mischief
Good luck hun.
I should really take a page out of your book sooner or later XD.
I will be here to encourage you if you need it though~

*pounces and snugs!* heart

Psh, I think you're perfectly fine. Very fine. emotion_dowant

xd

Thanku so much~ emotion_hug

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items