Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wilderness Citizen

11,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
I'm a curvy girl. At 5'8 and 177 pounds nobody would consider me skinny. In fact, I still have about 15 pounds I need to lose to be in a normal weight range. I'm not fully comfortable with my body. Like many people I have flaws I want to fix, flab I want to tone. In body conscious Southern California I sometimes feel like I stand out. However, I am proud of the 53 pounds that I have lost.

At my heaviest I was 230 pounds. While my weight has always fluctuated(I've had food issues for as long as I can remember) I had never let myself go that much. The combination of being rejected by the person that I had a huge crush on , having unresolved anxiety issues, moderate depression, and a love for Claim Jumpers Clam Chowder bread bowls lead to me gaining 50 pounds in about 7 months.

I constantly felt bad, and felt sorry for myself. Some women can be confidant and look cute at any size. Not me.I always felt gross.I looked pretty gross too and I was miserable.

For Lent in 2010 I gave up junk food and eating meat. That kick started my diet. I also started walking to and from work and doing free weights. Watching TrueBlood while working out on my mom's elliptical machine was also a big help.

In the 2.5 years it took me to lose the weight I've had a lot of ups and downs. My weight would plateau for long periods of time or I'd give up and eat poorly again. However, I've been able to keep the weight off and eventually I have always been able re motivate myself. As of July 2012 I reached my current weight, and have been able to keep it stabilized.

I still have more to lose. My junior year of high school I was at 150 pounds,and I would like to
be at that weight again. I felt pretty at that size. However, I'm proud that I have been able to lose as much weight as I have, and I'm glad I'm finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin.
midnightmoonchild
I'm a curvy girl. At 5'8 and 177 pounds nobody would consider me skinny. In fact, I still have about 15 pounds I need to lose to be in a normal weight range. I'm not fully comfortable with my body. Like many people I have flaws I want to fix, flab I want to tone. In body conscious Southern California I sometimes feel like I stand out. However, I am proud of the 53 pounds that I have lost.

At my heaviest I was 230 pounds. While my weight has always fluctuated(I've had food issues for as long as I can remember) I had never let myself go that much. The combination of being rejected by the person that I had a huge crush on , having unresolved anxiety issues, moderate depression, and a love for Claim Jumpers Clam Chowder bread bowls lead to me gaining 50 pounds in about 7 months.

I constantly felt bad, and felt sorry for myself. Some women can be confidant and look cute at any size. Not me.I always felt gross.I looked pretty gross too and I was miserable.

For Lent in 2010 I gave up junk food and eating meat. That kick started my diet. I also started walking to and from work and doing free weights. Watching TrueBlood while working out on my mom's elliptical machine was also a big help.

In the 2.5 years it took me to lose the weight I've had a lot of ups and downs. My weight would plateau for long periods of time or I'd give up and eat poorly again. However, I've been able to keep the weight off and eventually I have always been able re motivate myself. As of July 2012 I reached my current weight, and have been able to keep it stabilized.

I still have more to lose. My junior year of high school I was at 150 pounds,and I would like to
be at that weight again. I felt pretty at that size. However, I'm proud that I have been able to lose as much weight as I have, and I'm glad I'm finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin.
That is great! ; ) I keep on loosing the same 5 pounds so I know how you feel when it comes to weight fluctuation!
Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff