Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Here recently, I watched a movie called "FatHead" which is about a man named Tom Naughton who is out to prove that that "Supersize Me" is a load of horse s**t. He does so by proving that Morgan Spurlock cheated somehow (i.e. flat out lied about his calorie intake, for starters) and gained weight. What Tom does is watch his carb intake, not his calories, and eats nothing but fast food for a month, and maintains ~100 carbs a day (highest was 130someodd lowest was 70 or 90 someodd.) He comes out of it 12lbs lighter than when he started, proving a point.

The above is a stretch if you want to call it healthy. In fact, it's more or less not. But, I was inspired by the show and decided to take his diet plan, and strip it of all the 'crap' he ate (i.e. most of the fast food) and replace it with home-made cooking and multivitamins every morning (that I remember to take them). I've been on this lifestyle (this is not a diet, thinking that way makes it hard for anyone) for a little over a month, and I've dropped from ~260lbs to ~225lbs, changing nothing but what I eat. This includes:

• Low-carb energy drinks, as I prefer these over coffee
  • Diet soda, as I am well, well aware I have a serious caffeine addiction
  • All the meat I can eat, because meat is virtually carb-free (if it's not literally carb free)
  • Almost no fast food, because sometimes it's honestly just easier considering the situation to get a McDank than it is to cook
  • Almost zero 'white vegetables' as these (with the exception of cauliflower) are more or less flavored starch
  • Any carb-based snacks I feel I must have (because cravings do happen) I eat in moderation.

Once I finish this last pack of cigarettes and give it a week to get over the nicfits, I'll definitely start jogging, and most likely will update the thread.

I am personally excited I've lost as much weight as I have, because I have always been 'the chubby/fat one.' I am 22, and I am a computer science major, and outside of class, I am a gamer, so my personal lifestyle is not very active. Beyond that, I am single, so I get ZERO exercise (take that as you will, if you get it congrats) so this is the first time in my life I've LOST more than ~5lbs of weight and kept it off for more than two weeks.

disclaimer: I may edit this OP at any time to fix errors or change information, so if you wish to keep a record of what I post (you creeper, you) quote me. I will mark update and edits with timestamps and reasons, for logging sake.

Professional Genius

I've been eating low carb for a bit over 2 months now, and I fully agree that it works. I haven't lost a lot of weight though, mainly because I didn't start out too overweight. I got within "normal" BMI range already after 6 days so it's pretty slow for me. However I've noticed a lot of other health benefits while eating low carb. I'm not saying that "low carb living" is a miraculous medicine to help with various aches and problems, rather that it seems to me that the starchy food itself has caused a lot of issues for me.

I'm a lot stricter than you are. I actually quit sugary foods about two years ago already, so no candy, sodas etc. I don't eat anything with starchy contents so no wheat, potatoes, rice, corn, grain or derivatives thereof. I noticed that meat balls contain potato flour because I had some and then I had stomach pains for a day. xp

I also try not to eat too much meat because too much protein is bad for your kidneys, and I think I read somewhere that it can also be metabolized into glucose which would negate the effects of keeping carbs low. 0.8-1 gram of pure protein (note that meat doesn't contain 100% protein) per kilogram of *ideal* body weight, is a number I've heard.

Since I don't eat much carbs or protein, I make sure I eat enough healthy fat instead to keep me sated. When I started out I didn't really know where to find good fat but now I'm eating a lot of eggs and salmon, and some full fat dairy products but not too much since they also contain both carbs and protein.

First month I lost 11 pounds, most of it within the first week (water weight and such). This second month I've lost an additional 3.3 pounds.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
no fruits too?

congratulations on losing weight Sonic, yet if you will continue this path, hospital surgical tables are waiting you to lay on. All the hormones from meat, all the fat, cholesterol and proteins.

Sally Fallon eats Faileo diets too, she is a chubby woman. explains? rofl She would be fit if what she has been promoting is indeed a healthy diet for losing weight.

Dude, watch "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead", it's on vimeo - free to view and watch by everyone.

read 80/10/10, rent it ask around for that book if buying it is hard for you at this moment

emotion_brofist emotion_hug no hard feeling, I want you to be the best as you can be, before it's too late

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
zieLiz
I've been eating low carb for a bit over 2 months now, and I fully agree that it works. I haven't lost a lot of weight though, mainly because I didn't start out too overweight. I got within "normal" BMI range already after 6 days so it's pretty slow for me. However I've noticed a lot of other health benefits while eating low carb. I'm not saying that "low carb living" is a miraculous medicine to help with various aches and problems, rather that it seems to me that the starchy food itself has caused a lot of issues for me.

I'm a lot stricter than you are. I actually quit sugary foods about two years ago already, so no candy, sodas etc. I don't eat anything with starchy contents so no wheat, potatoes, rice, corn, grain or derivatives thereof. I noticed that meat balls contain potato flour because I had some and then I had stomach pains for a day. xp

I also try not to eat too much meat because too much protein is bad for your kidneys, and I think I read somewhere that it can also be metabolized into glucose which would negate the effects of keeping carbs low. 0.8-1 gram of pure protein (note that meat doesn't contain 100% protein) per kilogram of *ideal* body weight, is a number I've heard.

Since I don't eat much carbs or protein, I make sure I eat enough healthy fat instead to keep me sated. When I started out I didn't really know where to find good fat but now I'm eating a lot of eggs and salmon, and some full fat dairy products but not too much since they also contain both carbs and protein.

First month I lost 11 pounds, most of it within the first week (water weight and such). This second month I've lost an additional 3.3 pounds.

Hello zieLiz,

Have you ever looked into raw food vegan aspect way of eating? no starchy food unless ppl decided to eat unripe fruits (eg. banana with little to no brown spots on yellow skin, that's unripe fruit with starch in it!).

meats from animals is acidic for our blood, our bodies thrives on slightly alkaline. Neutralize acidic stress our bodies, stress can cause some weight loss. Including less calories (from paleo diet) if you ate less meat of course meaning less weight in result. if you are dehydrated (little fruits and vegetables, little among of water), of course less weight on scale as well.

I do not know what weight you were and are at, but I also recommend you find another way to loss weight if indeed you are still overweight.

I wonder if you have bad breathe and strong body odor problems with your way of eating after these 2 months??

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Hachiorsan
no fruits too?

congratulations on losing weight Sonic, yet if you will continue this path, hospital surgical tables are waiting you to lay on. All the hormones from meat, all the fat, cholesterol and proteins.

Sally Fallon eats Faileo diets too, she is a chubby woman. explains? rofl She would be fit if what she has been promoting is indeed a healthy diet for losing weight.

Dude, watch "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead", it's on vimeo - free to view and watch by everyone.

read 80/10/10, rent it ask around for that book if buying it is hard for you at this moment

emotion_brofist emotion_hug no hard feeling, I want you to be the best as you can be, before it's too late
I've seen Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, too. I've given juicing a try, and it's just not for me. I stuck with it for a couple weeks, and it actually made me sick because of my caffeine addiction, and being a (past, as of this morning) smoker did not help, because smoking on an empty/upset stomach makes you nauseous.

Also to add to the OP to clarify for you: When I get closer to 200 (when I reach it or I plateau) I am going to cut back a LOT on the diet (i.e. go back to how I used to eat sans most fast food and try to stop drinking soda, failing that just drink diet or switch to coffee) and see where it goes. By then I'll have an exercise routine set up so I should be able to maintain it.

-[edit]-

I did a refresher Google on Sally, and she's not chubby, she's healthy. She's also not promoting an exercise routine, right? n_~

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Sonic Offline
I've seen Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, too. I've given juicing a try, and it's just not for me. I stuck with it for a couple weeks, and it actually made me sick because of my caffeine addiction, and being a (past, as of this morning) smoker did not help, because smoking on an empty/upset stomach makes you nauseous.

Also to add to the OP to clarify for you: When I get closer to 200 (when I reach it or I plateau) I am going to cut back a LOT on the diet (i.e. go back to how I used to eat sans most fast food and try to stop drinking soda, failing that just drink diet or switch to coffee) and see where it goes. By then I'll have an exercise routine set up so I should be able to maintain it.

-[edit]-

I did a refresher Google on Sally, and she's not chubby, she's healthy. She's also not promoting an exercise routine, right? n_~

look on youtube, she is fat no doubt about it, fat and overweight. rofl
April 29, 2012
http://youtu.be/iLQmVW4_vyc?t=4m27s

She promotes wrong way of eating that's why she is fat. LOL

Fruits and veggies are never bad food, whenever one avoid them and eat crap, junk and fast food. That's where they get their problems

You are right, it's your caffeine and smoking, not the green juices smile Try that again. Coffee and cigarettes are crap food

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwS-IPUdy1I

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Hachiorsan
Sonic Offline

-[edit]-

look on youtube, she is fat no doubt about it, fat and overweight. rofl
April 29, 2012
http://youtu.be/iLQmVW4_vyc?t=4m27s

She promotes wrong way of eating that's why she is fat. LOL

Fruits and veggies are never bad food, whenever one avoid them and eat crap, junk and fast food. That's where they get their problems

You are right, it's your caffeine and smoking, not the green juices smile Try that again. Coffee and cigarettes are crap food

She]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwS-IPUdy1I
She is not fat, she's a healthy weight. She's just not vegan thin because she eats meat.

And yes, fruits and veggies /can/ be bad for you if you want to just lump them all together like that.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
That face is bloated, her body is chubby. I cannot see how that is healthy. Have you heard any health nutrients experts encourage people eat less fruits and veggies? Fruits and veggies are worldwide known as healthy for a reason!

If that's your view, then whatever, I tried to tell you. At least I have tried.

Good luck on losing more weight, again congratulations on what you have achieved so far. Be healthy, all the best.

A video for you and everyone to see, for fun

This is funny too, just for lol

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Hachiorsan
That face is bloated, her body is chubby. I cannot see how that is healthy. Have you heard any health nutrients experts encourage people eat less fruits and veggies? Fruits and veggies are worldwide known as healthy for a reason!

Good luck on losing more weight, again congratulations on what you have achieved so far. Be healthy, all the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOmS3y6pqk&feature=plcp

I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIJCPQDjtU
I didn't say they weren't, I was just throwing back at you the umbrella term you misused.

And I can see her, dude. You don't need to spam me with videos. She is not "fat." She is "healthy."

And thanks :3

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Sonic Offline
Hachiorsan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIJCPQDjtU

I didn't say they weren't, I was just throwing back at you the umbrella term you misused.

And I can see her, dude. You don't need to spam me with videos. She is not "fat." She is "healthy."

I am just glad you know that, good, all good.
I didn't get what you mean by "umbrella term I'ved misused", I guess you are right, to you she looks healthy. To me she looks fat. It's conceptional matter. I've heard many overweight people says other fat people normal on youtube and in real life.

Did I really spam video? I suggested you to see those video yourself, I came with good intention. Those videos are related with your diet and things we brought up.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Hachiorsan
Sonic Offline
Hachiorsan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIJCPQDjtU

I am just glad you know that, good, all good.
I didn't get what you mean by "umbrella term I'ved misused", I guess you are right, to you she looks healthy. To me she looks fat. It's conceptional matter. I've heard many overweight people says other fat people normal on youtube and in real life.

Did I really spam video? I suggested you to see those video yourself, I came with good intention. Those videos are related with your diet and things we brought up.
The way you worded it, it came off as "all fruits and veggies are always healthy to everyone at all times."

Lonely Duck

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
I am doing low-carb December, mostly because of sweets, breads and so on that I don't want have available.
There really isn't a strict method to my diet right now, if I have cravings I usually have dairy or some salty meat.
It is day 7 and no noticeable changes.
Ever since moved back in with 'family' I have been dealing with alcoholics, I went from 145 to around 158 because of stress.
Honestly I think I would be happy if 'shapes' were smoothed out.
Hopefully I see a little change, I think in January I just might switch to full vegetarian.
((Slightly a rant, sorry~!))
Everyone do your best!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas