Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was very sick for many years and it took me to realize that having my health is the only thing, well besides your family that you can change yourself.

I was just shy of 200lbs, a size 16 and miserable; now I am happy and just barely 115lbs and a size 0. I love the new me. I work out several times a day. I do not eat the best, but I do eat healthy and make much better choices for myself. I learned to eat in moderation and learned what a portion size was, holy cow is all I have to say about that. It is amazing how much we tend to over-indulge. I also do not eat fried foods, not drink any carbonated drinks, eat sugar or butter. I do not add it, if its cooked into something, I cannot help it. I also do not use sweeteners.

It took me a few years and I lost the weight slowly. I first learned how much I weighed via Jenny Craig. I didnt go there. I looked it up on line and did this on my own. I learned all of this by reading and researching through their site and a bunch of other smaller ones.

It is not easy by any measure and there is no fast or sure cure to lose weight over-night, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you want something in life. It always takes time ad hard work to achieve your goals. Make small goals to reach them, them move to the next step. Do not make a goal unattainable so that you get depressed, well, then eat. I know, been there...done that! Live life don't eat it.

I am still sick, as I have an incurable rare illness called Arnold Chiari Malformation and had brain surgery once already for it. With this comes many, many other illnesses, depending upon how bad of a degree you have it. I never let anything bring me down and look forward to everyday. I almost died once, oh heck thats enough for me smile

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! and i am sorry about your illness. my mother has an illness that has to do with her lungs. She only has one of her lungs and a part of the other. We do not have a cure and i hope that you get better or i hope that teh rest of your life is awsome great and be proud of yourself.

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thanks and I hope your mom is doing great. I also hope you give your mom lots of love every day smile

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

That is truly a very moving and inspirational story and I hope that many people will learn from your example!

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cresandra
That is truly a very moving and inspirational story and I hope that many people will learn from your example!

Thank you very much smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces