Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Phantom

Jan 11/2013
I'm only on day six, but I already feel way better than I did when I was eating things like KD and McDonalds. Or crackers for supper. Or cereal at any time of day.

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/

This is the diet I started six days ago. It's dairy free, grain free (however I tweaked it a bit and still have some rice and quinoa in my diet, sparingly) and sugar free, except for those sugars you find in berries and fruit and the like.

Also potatoes are a big no-no. But as much fish and poultry and red meat as you like, as long as it's (preferably) grass-fed, not grain fed.

Lots of fats though. Lots. As much natural, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats as you want. (It's in fish, nuts, bacon!!)

Anyway, day six and I've lost approx. 3lbs. As much as I'm also hoping to lose weight (I'm a whopping 151lbs @ 5'4" atm) I just feel like I have a million times more energy.

More energy, and I get hungry a lot less than I did when I ate a ton of carbs, and I'm focusing better.
I also quit caffeine, which is huge for me since I'm like, not even myself any more without Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar.

But I'm liking this new me that drinks herbal, caffeine free teas with nothing in them.

Hurray! I just felt the need to share. I hope to eventually weigh approximately 120lbs (118lbs is my goal but 120 good enough :p ) and I need to work out, since I haven't been (still not quite enough energy after working 6-8 days in a row more often than not, some 10 hour shifts).

But I'm getting there. Slowly. And I feel great so that's already a step in the right direction. Any other time I've tried dieting I still felt miserable, with no energy. This time is waaay different!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Update March 6/2013:
So I'm still on this diet, and it's been two months so far. In total I've lost exactly 15lbs.
Eating processed sugar makes me feel tired, dairy makes me grumpy and tired, and wheat, as always, makes me terribly sick. I was gluten sensitive to begin with, but I really notice how bad it is for me now that I've cut it out entirely. If I slip and get something as simple as breaded chicken strips for lunch, I pay for it dearly later.

I've also started working out, and since starting I lost that extra pound. I think I'll lose the rest of my excess fat now, as long as I keep it up.

I feel happier still, and I'm really excited for the snow to disappear. I have plans to buy a sexy bathing suit (since I'll have the body for it soon enough at this rate) and I have been wanting to invest in a pair of x-training K2 inline skates. I can't wait to get them. It'll save me so much time on the way to work.

Anyway, since this thread was somehow still getting replies, I thought I'd update the situation.
I love Paleo eating, however refuse to eat animal products due to environmental concerns.

My diet is a mix of vegan paleo and low carb vegan eating!

Popular Gawker

Psychosomatic Dinosaur
I love Paleo eating, however refuse to eat animal products due to environmental concerns.

I"m the same way!
YAY
people are like "....what...do..you..eat..?"
haha, do you get that all the time too?

Popular Gawker

FaceThatMeows
I'm only on day six, but I already feel way better than I did when I was eating things like KD and McDonalds. Or crackers for supper. Or cereal at any time of day.

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/

This is the diet I started six days ago. It's dairy free, grain free (however I tweaked it a bit and still have some rice and quinoa in my diet, sparingly) and sugar free, except for those sugars you find in berries and fruit and the like.

Also potatoes are a big no-no. But as much fish and poultry and red meat as you like, as long as it's (preferably) grass-fed, not grain fed.

Lots of fats though. Lots. As much natural, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats as you want. (It's in fish, nuts, bacon!!)

Anyway, day six and I've lost approx. 3lbs. As much as I'm also hoping to lose weight (I'm a whopping 151lbs @ 5'4" atm) I just feel like I have a million times more energy.

More energy, and I get hungry a lot less than I did when I ate a ton of carbs, and I'm focusing better.
I also quit caffeine, which is huge for me since I'm like, not even myself any more without Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar.

But I'm liking this new me that drinks herbal, caffeine free teas with nothing in them.

Hurray! I just felt the need to share. I hope to eventually weigh approximately 120lbs (118lbs is my goal but 120 good enough :p ) and I need to work out, since I haven't been (still not quite enough energy after working 6-8 days in a row more often than not, some 10 hour shifts).

But I'm getting there. Slowly. And I feel great so that's already a step in the right direction. Any other time I've tried dieting I still felt miserable, with no energy. This time is waaay different!

yeah, I'm super impressed at how I'm thinking more clearly.
it's not subtle either, it's a noticeable difference.
Herioa
Psychosomatic Dinosaur

I"m the same way!
YAY
people are like "....what...do..you..eat..?"
haha, do you get that all the time too?

At the moment I live off very very little money so I rarely eat and therefor rarely eat around people, but yeah people dont really get what I eat, I just tell them its all about being as natural as possible

Dapper Dabbler

Congrats!!! That's really awesome!!!!
I've been doing keto (it's pretty similar to paleo) for 2 months and I've dropped 40 lbs.
I need to exercise more, targeting my abs for the most part. I'm a waitress so I'm fairly active and working my legs a lot anyways. My goal for now is 140 (I'm 15 lbs away from that now) and my ultimate goal is 120.
I slipped and had a cheat weekend a couple weeks ago and oh dear lord my tummy was not happy with me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff