Welcome to Gaia! ::

lost-in-fate
Enik06
I haven't tried Herbalife. I have idealshape shakes when I'm running around either between or commuting to classes. I'm actually trying to put on weight. Lose fat gain muscle mass! Since muscle is something like three times denser than fat I would suggest doing measurements rather than your weight number.
I dont think I have heard of idealshape. I do herbalife and body by vi, but so far I really love herbalife because they offer more products than others. But you can easily gain weight. Three shakes aday with 3 meals.

By lose weight I mean gain muscle. So I'll have to work out for that. Wish I could just drink shakes and gain muscle that way. Hah, that'd be awesome! ;P I'm actually going to start P90X tomorrow. Hopefully I'll keep with it longer than a week. Haha...

This is how I found out about it: http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/idealshape_meal_replacement_shake/

Blessed Prophet

7,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Enik06
lost-in-fate
Enik06
I haven't tried Herbalife. I have idealshape shakes when I'm running around either between or commuting to classes. I'm actually trying to put on weight. Lose fat gain muscle mass! Since muscle is something like three times denser than fat I would suggest doing measurements rather than your weight number.
I dont think I have heard of idealshape. I do herbalife and body by vi, but so far I really love herbalife because they offer more products than others. But you can easily gain weight. Three shakes aday with 3 meals.

By lose weight I mean gain muscle. So I'll have to work out for that. Wish I could just drink shakes and gain muscle that way. Hah, that'd be awesome! ;P I'm actually going to start P90X tomorrow. Hopefully I'll keep with it longer than a week. Haha...

This is how I found out about it: http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/idealshape_meal_replacement_shake/
Thanks, I do understand what you mean by lose weight and gain muscle. Fun! Im starting a weight loss challenge. if you have not seen the Gaia's BIGGEST Loser 1.0 Im one of the creators of that group. Hopefully soon we will gave a muscle weight gain challenge lol.
lost-in-fate
Enik06
lost-in-fate
Enik06
Thanks, I do understand what you mean by lose weight and gain muscle. Fun! Im starting a weight loss challenge. if you have not seen the Gaia's BIGGEST Loser 1.0 Im one of the creators of that group. Hopefully soon we will gave a muscle weight gain challenge lol.
Ah, alright. Congratulations! I'm new back in the Gaia world. It's been years since I've been on so I'm not sure what all these new achievements and such are. I'm going to weight and measure myself and considering taking pictures. Maybe make one of the million YouTube videos out there of the "transformation". lol Maybe.

Blessed Prophet

7,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Enik06
lost-in-fate
Enik06
lost-in-fate
Enik06
Ah, alright. Congratulations! I'm new back in the Gaia world. It's been years since I've been on so I'm not sure what all these new achievements and such are. I'm going to weight and measure myself and considering taking pictures. Maybe make one of the million YouTube videos out there of the "transformation". lol Maybe.

lol well have fun lol

Unbeatable Fatcat

Hmmm. I googled a bit and among the first results was a news article from 2007 where Herbalife products were linked to 22 cases of liver damage, two of the cases requiring a transplant. What ingredients exactly caused this was left undiscovered as Herbalife refused to tell exactly what goes into the products. The damage appeared after using the products for a year, number of products used simultaneously ranged from 3 to 27.

But once again I'd say moderation is key. Meal replacement shakes aren't meant to be used as sole nutrition for a long time. And the majority of us really has little to fear. I'm still curious to try these out.
They are really really really tasty. Unfortunately I haven't been losing any weight at all on it (as opposed to when I started), i'm probably doing something wrong.... do you all mix milk in it or just water? Or soy milk, for that matter. Also, I find that the herbalife shakes only last me about <4 hours of hunger relief rather than the 6 hours I get when I have a full meal.
Iced Vodka
They are really really really tasty. Unfortunately I haven't been losing any weight at all on it (as opposed to when I started), i'm probably doing something wrong.... do you all mix milk in it or just water? Or soy milk, for that matter. Also, I find that the herbalife shakes only last me about <4 hours of hunger relief rather than the 6 hours I get when I have a full meal.

Hey biggrin
I was getting hungry after ~4 hrs too, so I started to look more in detail about the amount of protein I was getting and found out that it wasn't enough. So now I put fruit and sometimes a scoop of peanut butter (organic, no salt) and that is really making a difference. Also, having a healthy snack between meals is something you should be doing IMO.

I've lost 26 lbs (~13 kgs) since Jan 2012 and feel great!

Jen

Noob

This is interesting. I will def. look into this. Who wants the hassle of making food anyway? xp
The Snarfy
This is interesting. I will def. look into this. Who wants the hassle of making food anyway? xp

Hey smile you should definitely give it a try! I have a great distributor (not pushy... like most) and offers discounts and free shipping @ his online store. PM me if you're interested.
Jen heart

Noob

JenTran
The Snarfy

Hey smile you should definitely give it a try! I have a great distributor (not pushy... like most) and offers discounts and free shipping @ his online store. PM me if you're interested.
Jen heart
I will def. Think about it. I need sometime to sit down and think though. Gonna be busy today though ill most likely contact you tonight or tomorrow smile

Sparkling Trader

I remember hearing Dr. Oz say "it's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a week."

Congrats on losing weight.

I have heard a lot of success stories from Herbal Life but just as many negative things. I guess it works differently for different people.

Blessed Prophet

7,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
My Eternal Love
I remember hearing Dr. Oz say "it's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a week."

Congrats on losing weight.

I have heard a lot of success stories from Herbal Life but just as many negative things. I guess it works differently for different people.

it does, for me it works great, but it did nothing for my mom. So yes, it does work differently for everyone.
how many do you drink a day?
kidlets

I drink 2 shakes per day (breakfast & lunch) and eat 5 times per day in total biggrin
1. Breakfast
2. Mid-morning snack
3. Lunch
4. Mid-afternoon snack
5. Dinner

That's the best way to 'fuel' your body and lose weight in a healthy way in my humble opinion!
Jen
mrgreen

Blessed Prophet

7,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
kidlets

The ratio goes:
To lose weight: 2 shakes and 1 healthy colorful meal
To gain weight: 3 shakes and 3 healthy colorful meals
To maintain weight: 1 shake and 2 healthy colorful meals.

Even if you just start out with one shake a day for breakfast, you will feel better. You can move up when you want to. I have done more than two shakes a day but thats only because thats all I ate and I still lost weight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff