Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So Im going to use this thread in two ways.
1) To track my vegan progress
2) To collect recipes

So I've made the decision to go vegan!!
My main reason is to cut down on diseases caused by meats and animal products.
The hardest thing is going to be cutting out dairy, cheese, and egg. Cutting out meat is easy, but, seriously, I LOVE CHEESE scream

So baby steps for now, cutting out meat, getting accustomed to more veggies, and hopefully be able to be 100% vegan!!

A little about me and my diet:
I am 23 year old female, and quite...err...heavyset... sweatdrop
Hardcore carnivore, never even touched veggies unless they were drenched in ranch or deep fried.
I'm an awesome cook, so recipes are never a problem for me.
Oh and I can't and won't stop drinking soda, I'm a diehard coke girl and I'm going to die that way.

I will be posting everything, and i mean EVERYTHING i eat daily, so please
ENCOURAGE ME
I can't do this alone, and Gaia is a great support group biggrin

POST YOUR RECIPES
I watched a documentary about going vegan, and I guess if you try something 15 times you will start to like it.
I tell myself that every time I try something, ok 15 times, now 14, etc...

Soooo wish me luck, post your recipes, and have a fabulous day
User Image

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Saturday, December 8

Frozen cheese pizza, handful of funyuns, handful of quaker pops, apple, bean and cheese burritos

Like I said...baby steps... sweatdrop
I can't just stop eating unhealthy cold turkey gonk

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sunday, December 9

Failed miserably today

Had cinnamon rolls,subway chicken and bacon melt stressed BUT!! for the very first time I got veggies on a subway sandwich! I got lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, and onions. I'm so proud of myself! some queso, grapes, a few apple slices, and a bean burrito.

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Monday, December 10

Frozen cheese pizza, queso, quaker pops, chicken, potatoes and broccoli. YES I ATE BROCCOLI FOR THE FIRST TIME biggrin
please note, i have leftover meat from before i made the choice, and i cant waste food. im not purchasing any more meat

Liberal Witch

Hey, just wanted to let you know that there are some vegan cheeses out there. I've never tried any of them, but maybe that will help you out.

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
BubbleBerry Tea
Hey, just wanted to let you know that there are some vegan cheeses out there. I've never tried any of them, but maybe that will help you out.

I know, but they are so darn expensive User Image
I'm hoping to cut out cheese completely.

</3 my thread

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Tuesday, December 11

Cheese pizza, cinnamon rolls (a trend haha?!?!) bean burritos and some grapes

Fashionable Dabbler

while i am slightly shocked by your previous diet lacking in vegetables, good for you for deciding to make this change!
good luck smile

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
[+.s w e e t .+]
while i am slightly shocked by your previous diet lacking in vegetables, good for you for deciding to make this change!
good luck smile

The southern diet will kill a woman
Been vegan for three years myself. mrgreen Best decision I've ever made. I'm not vegan for my health, even though veganism did improve my health a lot. So these are not exclusively healthy recipes and tips if that's what you're looking for. But they definitely make going vegan really easy and tasty.

http://chefchloe.com/vegan-recipes.html < Excellent chef who won multiple Cupcake Wars on Food Network against non-vegan cupcakes. (If you make her cupcakes, use coconut milk by the way.)

www.findingvegan.com < Collection of tons of recipes from different blogs. Fun to browse through.

www.blog.fatfreevegan.com < Healthy, yummy recipes

And as a lazy vegan, these are some of my favorite tips:

http://thewarhasonlyvegan.blogspot.com/2012/07/beginning-vegan-cheat-sheet.html

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
These last three days have been fail.....

Mega Smoker

10,200 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Saturday, December 15

poptart, cheese pizza, cereal, and tons of mints

i started a new job today in a restaurant, hopefully the sight of people pigging out will make me not want to eat meat even more

Familiar Friend

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
msganja x3
These last three days have been fail.....

Don't give up msganja, I will right close by your side (on Gaia) if you ever need help with. (pm me, quote me, comment to me, whichever and whenever you like)

I've been a vegan for over 6 years. I thrive and learn so much through my wrong turns, being told lies and decisions I had made.

Totally try Daiya cheese. No Cow involved biggrin It's cheese without animal cruelty!
Ever drank Almond almond milk? (Blue Diamond brand?) Totally delicious!

Yet these 2 are quite highly processed food for just newbie vegans' craving from their original "traditional diet".

Go to nice vegan restaurant and treat yourself with great "vegan meat" dishes. I am sure you would love them! Search around in your local area.

Eat more fruits you will feel great. No cooking involved.

"Fruit is fast food" - easy, nutritious and real simple to eat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEgMuJijd8
While I congratulate you on changing your diet to be more vegetarian/vegan, and I dont want to cause offense, but your diet still seems really shitty....

If you think cutting out meat from your diet while still surviving on processed food and lots of carbs is going to make you healthier or loose any weight then you are wrong.

You need to concentrate on foods in their purest form, ie what they look like when they are harvested, so lots of unprocessed veggies, nuts, seeds and some fruit.

If you really must eat carbs go for complex carbs, like brown rice or quinoa, most people who convert to veggie or vegan diets end up heavily relying on carbs in all their meal which in turn leads to weight gain. Trust me I know plenty of fat vegans!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff