Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey everyone!

We all have people that inspire us to want to do better; to be better. In all walks of life, there are individuals who set great examples for us and embody the best facets of human nature. We may know these people personally in our daily lives, or perhaps they are an athlete or celebrity who sets a great example of healthy living.

Please feel free to use this thread to talk about who inspires you to be healthy and why! You never know, you may learn something really cool from learning about other peoples' mentors and why they find these individuals fascinating.

Be healthy biggrin
Sisky

Dangerous Sex Symbol

You inspire me sisky. xd

My biggest motivation at trying to get/be healthy is myself. I have to do it for myself and for my future. Right now I am studying to be a Nutritionist and every success story inspires me even more. Being healthy is something that everyone should practice because it just feels great. Another inspiration for me is Tony Horton. Right now I am doing p90x and there are not words to describe how awesome it feels. I just love it.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Cookie on Fire
You inspire me sisky. xd

My biggest motivation at trying to get/be healthy is myself. I have to do it for myself and for my future. Right now I am studying to be a Nutritionist and every success story inspires me even more. Being healthy is something that everyone should practice because it just feels great. Another inspiration for me is Tony Horton. Right now I am doing p90x and there are not words to describe how awesome it feels. I just love it.

Awww, thanks Cookie - that was a sweet thing to say. I just want to help everyone feel better; to be more healthy and active. To really be alive and find their joy. Keep up your amazing work - you are doing fabulously. By the way, have you seen my big pants pic?
User Image

Dangerous Sex Symbol

siskataya
Cookie on Fire
You inspire me sisky. xd

Awww, thanks Cookie - that was a sweet thing to say. I just want to help everyone feel better; to be more healthy and active. To really be alive and find their joy. Keep up your amazing work - you are doing fabulously. By the way, have you seen my big pants pic?
User Image

You see why you are my inspiration? xd
Yes, I have seen that picture before and I love it. One day I will have a picture like that.
Btw, if it doesn't bother you, you went from what size to what size?

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Cookie on Fire
siskataya
Cookie on Fire
You inspire me sisky. xd

User Image

You see why you are my inspiration? xd
Yes, I have seen that picture before and I love it. One day I will have a picture like that.
Btw, if it doesn't bother you, you went from what size to what size?

Doesn't bother me at all - it is my truth, and accepting where I was with honesty is the only way to never get back there again. I went from size 32 to size 14.

Currently working on getting into size 12 biggrin

Dangerous Sex Symbol

siskataya

Doesn't bother me at all - it is my truth, and accepting where I was with honesty is the only way to never get back there again. I went from size 32 to size 14.

Currently working on getting into size 12 biggrin

Oh wow, that is amazing. I am sure that you will get to size 12 in no time. ^_^

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Said it before but will say it again, you really are a truly inspirational person and I'm happy to see that this forum is up and running!

Stone-cold Bloodsucker

14,150 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
There are many people who inspire me from day to day but the few posted here have made a difference in my life.
My son (almost two) inspires me because he is learning from me every day. If I am healthy, then he will learn how to live a healthy lifestyle as well (or at least I hope).
My dad inspires me because he too is trying to healthfully lose weight despite having health issues that make it tough for him to exercise.
You inspire me simply by being so encouraging to others and getting this forum up and going. And the fact that you healthfully lost so much weight, of course.
And last but not least, my little black dress inspires me. blaugh

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Guildmember 100
This s**t has really inspired me. I feel that I can do almost anythinq right now. This forum is amazing. Im goinq to share this with allll of my frannds !

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
siskataya

Sisky, you truly inspire me especially your Facebook pictures.
You'll be a size 12 soon whee

I've joined the gym in December and I've been going there non-stop. I do at least 4 days a week on treadmill, cross trainer and lifting weights. I do hope to get to size 8-10 this summer, and lose some fat on my arms.

P.s Thanks for the forum heart

Time-traveling Senshi

For me I have to say my greatest motivation right now has to be my mother. She's been through so much in the last sixteen years on top of living with thyroid issues since having her third daughter back in 1965. We kind of joke around that she doesn't have very many original parts left on her. She has a plate and screws in one of her legs from an accident at a K-Mart in Wisconsin. Like a lot of seniors her teeth are false up top because of possibly something stemming from her childhood. Back in 1999 we realized just how close we were to losing her when her doctor at the time told us if she had gone on a trip out east with my dad she might have not come back alive. She had a valve replaced in her heart that year and has been dealing with life as a heart disease survivor.

However, it's what she's been able to do in the last year that's really been motivating. Last year her internist gave her the news that she's borderline diabetic and that's really changed things for us. When she first learned the news they had her testing her blood sugar three times a day and taking medicines for it that really affected her. Now in the course of a year she's down to testing one time a day and lost fifteen pounds at last count. It's all because we've cut down on sweets, sodas/pop at home, and watch the balance between proteins and carbs. She still has to take the medicine for it though. And now we're trying to spend an hour at the local park with her walking and me using my inline skates four times a week all because my mom read/heard somewhere that simply getting in a half hour of walking is good for keeping the thyroid in check and helps keep the blood sugar at reasonable levels.

It hasn't been very long and I'm still struggling with the same three pounds and breaking that 155 mark (believe me 155 on a 4'10" frame is not healthy at all) because of my eating habits but I've noticed how my mom is addicted to the way her stamina has become because of this. My dad, a post polio senior, may be my hero but my mom is definitely my motivation.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
My two roommates are my biggest motivation. Whenever they go to the gym, they invite me along, and I come along with them. One of them used to be on the track team back in high school and she can run a lot faster than me! That really motivates me, and I've successfully managed to cut my run time for a mile from 16 minutes to 10 minutes, which is a HUUUGE deal for me. Another used to be involved in ballet and ice skating and has amazing upper body strength, and seeing her be able to support herself on just her arms while lifting her lower body off the floor, and her telling me she went from not being able to pull 50 lbs of hay at the sheep barn (both she and I are animal science majors, but I didn't take a sheep management class with her) to being able to do it by the 9th week also inspired me to work out my arms. smile

1,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
Sakura Rosina
There are many people who inspire me from day to day but the few posted here have made a difference in my life.
My son (almost two) inspires me because he is learning from me every day. If I am healthy, then he will learn how to live a healthy lifestyle as well (or at least I hope).
My dad inspires me because he too is trying to healthfully lose weight despite having health issues that make it tough for him to exercise.
You inspire me simply by being so encouraging to others and getting this forum up and going. And the fact that you healthfully lost so much weight, of course.
And last but not least, my little black dress inspires me. blaugh

Wa...happy to know your life...and i hope it became a good example
I have positive and negative inspiration.

Positive: my little girl who will be 3 this Thursday. I want to be able to run and chase her around and have as much energy as she does. I don't want to be... my mom.
I also have so many friends in my life that are constantly cheering me on, every time I loose even 1 pound, or skip sugary foods and drinks there's always a "you're doing so good" waiting for me.
Also at work I work with something like 20 other girls of varying sizes and I'm close with about 5 of them who have randomly come up and told me how much tighter and more fit I'm looking, we spend all night together in our skivvies so nothing is really hidden and they notice. Actually at work I had several coworkers, dj, bouncers, even the manager and one of our regulars told me how much weight it looks like I've lost. So I have a HUGE support group behind me.

Negative: My ex-husband, I just want to piss him off by being healthier and looking better than him. He blamed me for his 60lb weight gain and since I divorced him he gained another 30 (still my fault?) In any case I just want him to realize how much he screwed himself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff