Welcome to Gaia! ::

I suffered from an eating disorder for a year because I hated the way I look, I lost a lot of weight and I regret doing this. A few months ago I've been having shortness of breath and heart problems, then I got sent to the hospital and stayed at the hospital for a week. Well then I saw a therapist a few times and she helped me get better. I'm 5'1 last year I was 90 lbs then got down to 72 lbs fast by not eating. I went to see a therapist and then I started eating normally again and eating a lot more I didn't eat junk food though I ate tons of healthy food and foods with good fats in it. Now I weigh 103 lbs. and I look better than ever, also I have my energy back. If you're suffering from an eating disorder, don't give up there's help out there.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Inferno~Hotaru
I suffered from an eating disorder for a year because I hated the way I look, I lost a lot of weight and I regret doing this. A few months ago I've been having shortness of breath and heart problems, then I got sent to the hospital and stayed at the hospital for a week. Well then I saw a therapist a few times and she helped me get better. I'm 5'1 last year I was 90 lbs then got down to 72 lbs fast by not eating. I went to see a therapist and then I started eating normally again and eating a lot more I didn't eat junk food though I ate tons of healthy food and foods with good fats in it. Now I weigh 103 lbs. and I look better than ever, also I have my energy back. If you're suffering from an eating disorder, don't give up there's help out there.

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I know how hard it can be to overcome an eating disorder because I, too, once had one. I didn't realize it but when I was a teenager (thirteen and fourteen, a very small but of when I was fifteen) I was burning off more calories from dancing/sports/working out than what I ate. I was 5'4" and weighed only 98 pounds at the time. My parents literally had to force me to eat more, even so much that I'd get so full I felt like puking. But thankfully I overcame that a while back. Now at twenty-one I'm trying to lose weight because I stopped working out, how ironic is that?!

All I have to say is keep eating healthy and work out more! That is the best way for you to gain energy, stay healthy, and boost your self-esteem! Again, congratulations!

Edit; I meant to say that I went from 120lbs to 98*. xD That's when my family noticed I was losing too much weight.
Inferno~Hotaru

i'm proud of you. I'm sure you look like the perfect version of yourself you should be now that you're healthier :3 i have self image issues too, but i'm a little overweight, not underweight. Different ends of the spectrum but i'm glad you got healthy.

Profitable Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Inferno~Hotaru

I feel your pain. I'm the same height as you and I got down to 80 pounds. I was told if I didn't eat i'd end up dead. I managed to get help. I'm glad you are doing good.
I back slid with my bulimia. I went from around 125 to 105 in one month. I stopped again and I'm doing great. You just have to take it one day at a time.

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Congratulations! That is great to hear that you have gained some weight! Not being able to gain weight is just as big of a problem as not being able to lose weight in my opinion.

It's amazing how much better weight can make a person feel!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff