Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

I can't remember the last time I weighed what I do right now. I really can't. Here's the story boys and girls. I'm not tall by any means. If you're five feet tall you're taller than me. I'm four ten in flat feet. Certain groups who say what a man and a woman should weigh would tell you I'm supposed to be no heavier than 110. I say they're a load of hooey because I'm not fifteen. However, I shouldn't be nearly 160 pounds either. That's where I was at the beginning of February.

At the end of January my mom and I finally gave in and bought ourselves a pair of Fitbit Ones. Mostly we did it because while we knew what we should be doing we just weren't doing it. At the time my mom was still in recovery from major surgery and needed to get out and walk several times a day as a part of her recovery process. That was a big part of why we finally got those things. And let me tell you I am so glad we did.

Now I'm the kind of person that if there's an easy way to go about doing something, even if it takes longer to get done, I'll do it. That said, I've been taking the easy route with this change in my life. Easy, however, only means intensity level and calorie deficit it certainly doesn't mean the whole process is easy as pie. I've had my ups and I've had my downs but nearly every day since I began I've been weighing myself and tracking my numbers. I'm not giving up the foods I love just cutting back on portion sizes, reducing the frequency of when I have refined sugars, and getting more cardio. It's a slow process but it's been working for me.

My first goal is to be 146 pounds. From there I'll look at things and assess what my next goal will be. I've had a lot of ups and downs on this ride and that's normal as you retain water and have days where you take in a few too many calories. However, I kept at it and didn't give up and this morning I'm one pound away from my first goal. As I write this I now weigh 147 pounds and if you remember my opening sentence I can't remember the last time I weighed this much. In nearly everything I own (there's a couple of clothing companies that I haven't dropped sizes yet) I'm down to a size ten. I am so psyched about my progress and how well I've kept on track the last four months or so and it's all because I'm watching my portions, getting more whole grains, eating regular meals, sleeping better for the most part, cutting way back on colas and desserts, and trying to get more active. That's all it took for me.

So go me!

Time-traveling Senshi

Okay so July wasn't my best month with the exercise and the heat and the yeah. However, this morning I get on the scale like I always do, it's become routine now and I do it just to do it, expecting to be up again because I'm in my up down up down you're bloated oh no your not oh yes you are but you'll soon be close to having your woman time weight roller coaster time. Anyhow, I'm close to being twelve pounds down. I FINALLY broke the 147 mark. I'm now 146.8 pounds. I could have achieved this sooner but I'm not desperate to lose weight nor do I have one of these "I must lose X pounds before X date" obsessions. I just want to be healthier and I don't mind going slow at it because lets face it I'm a bit lazy when it comes to the working out part of being healthier.

So I'm now at close to twelve pounds down. Too bad I never got the chance to enjoy a pair of dress shorts I purchased when I was a size twelve because I tried them on today and no way can I even think of wearing them now. Oh well guess it comes with the territory. Keep going me! emotion_yatta

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I know this thread is old, but how have you been? have you still been losing weight? I sure hope you haven't given up because from the sound of it you have been working pretty hard to get your weight down. c:

Time-traveling Senshi

4evrSara
I know this thread is old, but how have you been? have you still been losing weight? I sure hope you haven't given up because from the sound of it you have been working pretty hard to get your weight down. c:

I have my off days and my good days. I got to 146 this week but hormones being hormones and sodium being sodium I gained a little of it back in water weight, which is no huge deal. I just need to up my game a little more so things are more consistent.

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Chibi Halo
4evrSara

I have my off days and my good days. I got to 146 this week but hormones being hormones and sodium being sodium I gained a little of it back in water weight, which is no huge deal. I just need to up my game a little more so things are more consistent.

Ah, well I am very proud of you. I've lost some weight too, probably more than you, but I had gained some weight back. I have my off days and good days too, growing up, often there was sugary food that we had in the house and I ended up eating it, or sugary drinks, and at one point I was close to being more than a little obese.

Time-traveling Senshi

As Sunday November 17, 2013 when I stepped on the scale for my daily weigh ins, because I love my routines, I have lost fourteen pounds. I had put on a bit of water weight and according to the app I've been using in conjunction with my Fitbit I'm down three pounds in the last week's time frame. The biggest difference has been in my strength, stamina, and ability to do some of the exercises my trainer wants me to be doing. I haven't been able to get to the gym as much as I should be but I'm at least trying to do some of the exercises she's been having me do lately at home. A lot of them are great for doing while watching TV, especially the one where you sit on a balance ball and swivel your hips.

I don't see myself running a 5k anytime soon but I know I can walk far longer than I used to be able to and with far less strain and pain in my calf muscles. My only weakness is my left leg because of how I sit. I do need to work on strengthening that again.

Time-traveling Senshi

Okay gang I have good news and bad news here. First, the bad news. Bad news is I'm trying to get over a cold here. I've been sick for over a week. Bad news is we had a minor health scare at my house with my mother this past Sunday. Bad news is I gained a couple of pounds near the beginning of being sick.

And now for the good news. Good news is, despite how gross the whole health scare with my mother was all she needed was a pint of blood and a night's observation and she's back to normal. Good news is the day after I weighed in at 146, despite being sick and inactive in terms of my regular exercise routine, I dropped two pounds and was back to being fourteen pounds down. Good news is, despite the health scare and being sick when I weighed myself on Sunday morning after gaining a few ounces here and there I was officially in the 143 range. I am now, since the beginning of February, down fifteen pounds. It would have been a lot more by now if I had joined the fitness center a lot sooner but the thing is I've lost fifteen pounds this year. Seven of those pounds came off since I joined the fitness center.

As I've always said in this, I'm not out to lose X number of pounds by X date but I do know I could do a little better with my health and fitness goals. I missed going last week because I was sick and I'm going to miss this week because of the holiday and the gym being on nutty hours. I'm going to have to see if I can double up some days in the coming weeks before I leave for Orlando by January 10. I paid good money for an awesome trainer and I do need to get the sessions in because it's not fair to her if I don't go because she doesn't get paid for that time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff