Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aʟʟ I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ғᴏʀ Cʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs ɪs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜɪs Wᴇɪɢʜᴛ!

Hello, everyone! As I was finishing up my usual routine at school today, something hit me. And hit me hard. I realized that I was becoming older. Yes, yes, we've all heard sob stories of how some people wish to regain their youthful bodies back. Trust me I'm not going there. I'm only twenty-one years old and have approximately sixty more years to go before I die of old age. However, I do have to say, that since I am getting older, I am gaining weight. I have weighed more than I have ever, and I wish to shred it all off.

But there is a catch.

I, surprisingly enough, am still fairly active. I participate in Tap-Dancing, practice three times a week for only an hour. Now, this isn't really all that much, and I do notice that, but that does mean I am still actively doing cardio workouts. How come I am still gaining weight?

Ah, of course, that is the problem.

This thread is here to help me motivate to get down the the actual cause of my weight gain. To help me keep track and perform better in the attempt of living a healthier lifestyle. Really, all I want for Christmas is to lose this weight!

Starting on September 21st, 2012, I weighed in at 140 pounds.
                                      My goal? Lose at least fifteen pounds by Christmas!
                                      That is exactly five pounds a month!

Is this possible?
                                      Absolutely.
                                      Will I feel better about myself?
                                      Absolutely!
                                      Will it be hard?
                                      ....Absolutely.

September 24, 2012: Hey all, if you want to help motivate me I do not mind you guys posting in here at all! ^_^

September 26, 2012: Holy cow, four pounds lost already! But don't let me fool you, that isn't body fat! Surprisingly enough, when a person changes their diet, the quick couple of pounds lost is called water weight. People gain "water weight" from sodium and generally unhealthy eating. On the brighter side of things, I'm getting a gym membership today! Hooray!!

September 27, 2012: It's amazing how precious life is. My Uncle Barney passed away at noon, yesterday. R.I.P. Uncle Barney, you were and still are one of the most influential men in my life. I have updated my motivation bubble, please take the time to read out at least the edited part of it. Hopefully you can learn about how important it is to eat healthy; Uncle Barney passed away due to not eating healthy at all.

October 17, 2012: It's official! I have lost six pounds already! Whoa!

October 31, 2012: Happy Halloween! Still haven't lost a pound since the 17th, but I've trying! In other news, I've been trying out this thing called Intermittent Fasting, I'll get around to updating a reserved bubble on this, but let me tell you guys... IF works, and it works DAMN well.

November 15, 2012: Hello all! Just weighed myself today, I weigh 132 pounds. smile

November 26, 2012: I HAVE OFFICIALLY RAN TWO MILES IN UNDER FIFTEEN MINUTES. OMG OMG OM GOMGO MOJKAJSHFAKJSFDHLKAJDF

November 30th, 2012: I MADE IT INTO MONTAGE! If you read the "A Little Information About Myself" tidbit, you would see that this was one of the major goals I was trying to accomplish this year and I succeeded! Hooray!

December 25th, 2012: With extremely hard work, constant exercising and a healthy diet, I managed to lose 12 pounds by today. Granted my overall goal was 15 lbs in total, I think being three pounds off is an amazing accomplishment! I will be updating this thread after today with new goals to achieve by the end of 2013! Thank you all who have supported me through my journey these past couple of months. smile

January 6 2013: I've finally reached my goal of 125 pounds! xd I think? I'm on my (please excuse this men) period and I bloat like crazy. So actually, the scale says 126 pounds. But meh, once I'm off I know a couple of pounds will drop thanks to that.

January 29, 2013: WHOA I've been absent a lot! Seriously guys, I hardly have anytime to myself now! But that's okay, Montage is keeping me more active than ever! I've lost quite a couple of pounds since the beginning of this semester. I currently weigh 122 pounds! Isn't that crazy!? Pictures are coming up soon! biggrin

February 24th, 2013: I'm seriously the lightest I've ever been since like... 10th/11th grade. o_O

March 9th, 2013: My weight continues to shift between 120lbs to 123lbs. Neat. biggrin

April 10th, 2013: WOW GUYS. I haven't been updating this thing! I have just been so busy it's unbelievable! My current weight? An astonishing 118lbs. I'm thin. It's pretty ridiculous. Infact, I'm not comfortable with how I'm still losing weight unintentionally. It's been pretty concerning. I've calculated approximately how many calories I burn in a day weekly and have created a complex system to determine the proper amount of calories I should be consuming in a day, and never realize exactly how much I need to consume now. (Dance really burns the calories.) I continue to lose weight because I am still eating just as much food as I used to before I got heavy into dancing. D: You will see updated pictures, dance pictures, several new reserved bubbles being used, biography updates, etc, etc. Enjoy!

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Mᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴs!

Truly, if I had the option of listing all the many, many reasons that I have decided to do this, then I would. Sadly, I do not have the best and idealistic memory in the whole entire world/universe, therefore it saddens me to say that I will not be able to list all the reasons why I have considered doing this. With that being said, there are three key important reasons why I have chosen to attempt to lose this weight by Christmas: to look better in winter clothing, to be better fit when I go to see my boyfriend, and to be more comfortable in my own body. Primarily vain reasons, I do agree.

Ever since I was a little girl, I always had the obsession with winter. I absolutely love the misty, icy air that surrounds my being as I am walking my dog through the frozen, silent forest. Naturally, being an avid RPer and vivid day dreamer, I love to picture myself in these frozen areas around the world. Perhaps it could be due to my extensive history of modeling for fourteen years, or perhaps that so many beautiful images on the internet has twisted my mind into imagining my being in such beautiful, scenery. However, I do have to say, the cutest winter clothes I find are generally way too small for me. And it breaks my heart.

If my friends are reading this, (Which I know they are! We wouldn't be called the Stalkers if we didn't stalk each other!) they know of my long term, long distance boyfriend Jon. Jon has seen me before I was weight conscious. I weighed a healthy one-hundred and thirty pounds this January when I met him for the first time in Boston, MA. Since then, we've attempted to see each other every month for at least a week minimum, and Jon has watched me grow from a size five/seven to a size nine. People tell me all day that the reason why I'm gaining weight is because I'm happy with him. All though I find that absolutely sweet and endearing, I am actually becoming more miserable knowing that I have gained weight so rapidly over the past year. It's making me self conscious, which brings me to my next point.

I have always been a really self conscious person when it came to my body. If I didn't have the body of a model, I wasn't happy. This "self consciousness" has caused me to miss out on the greater things I could have experienced in my youthful years, such as going to the beach, swimming, going to clubs, etc. Even when I weighed one hundred and twenty-five pounds, I felt huge. My friends called me crazy for doing so, but I didn't have abs, could never develop abs, and just never wanted to show my own self off to anybody.

....Now that I have gotten older, I look back at my old high school pictures and thought that I was crazy. I was tiny back then. So I told myself, if I even achieved this goal, the next coming summer I would wear a bikini to the beach and I WILL take pictures of myself, showing myself off to all the people! (And I'll feel proud when I get intimate, too! /shot) [[Sorry for the TMI. xD]]

Edited: September 27, 2012
                                      A New Motivation: A Harsh Reality.

There have been two fatherly figures in my life, first my Grandfather John, who passed away when I was only four years old. Next, my Great Uncle Barney, who has been in my mom's side of the family for sixty one years. These two men were definitely the apples of my eye and also were best friends. Yesterday, at around noon, my Uncle Barney left our world to be reunited with my Grandfather --- a reunion that has been long awaited by the both of them.

Uncle Barney was always a healthy man. Whenever he first married my beautiful Aunt Beth, they had a daughter together who has down-syndrome. (Who is still alive today at the amazing age of fifty-two.) This would become a huge challenge for the both of them in the later years to come, but they managed to maintain a beautiful and healthy marriage for sixty one years. Not only that, but my Uncle Barney kept himself in shape by constantly working and doing chores around the house and out in the yard. (They have a lot of land.) Even past the age of eighty years old, nothing stopped him from going outside and working. He was truly happy living the life style he lived.

....Until one day, everything changed for that happy little family. My Uncle Barney had a stroke. The stroke was caused from 98% of his arteries clogged. The reason? Though he was fit, he consumed too much salt in his meals. He didn't eat healthy, and that would be the beginning of the falling of my wonderful Uncle. The stroke left him unable to use most of the left side of his body, and through the next couple of weeks it managed to consume him -- causing him to forget who his own family was.

A couple of days passed after my Uncle Barney started to lose his long-term memory and he passed away. (Rest in Peace Uncle Barney.) But this gave me a huge realization, something I need to take seriously into consideration -- my over all health. Uncle Barney was not the only one who passed away due to unhealthy living, my Pawpaw John also did as well. He had a nack of smoking constantly, and ultimately passed away due to cancer which was triggered from his terrible smoking habits.

It doesn't matter how much you work out -- no, everything matters. What you eat, what you surround yourself with, exercise, etc etc. And as of today, September 27, 2012, I will be cutting my sodium intake tremendously. Not only for myself, but in honor of my Uncle Barney as well.

Left: PawPaw John Right: Uncle Barney

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Wᴇɪɢʜᴛ Lᴏss Tʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ!

Where am I? What am I doing? Am I being lazy? GET ON TO ME IF I AM OMG. D:

My starting weight was:
                                      140 lbs.

My current weight is:
                                      115 lbs.

As of May 1st, 2013, I weighed in at:
                                      117 lbs.

During the Month of May, I have lost:
                                      2 lbs.

At the end of the May, I would like see:
                                      0 lbs lost.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Fɪᴛɴᴇss Lᴏɢ!

Be sure to switch it up a bit! Woot, woot!

2012 Workout Total!

Dancing during the month of December:
                                      8 hours.
                                      Total: 68 hours.

Running during the month of December:
                                      6 hours.
                                      Total: 40 hours.

Crunches during the month of December:
                                      400 crunches.
                                      Total: 3500 crunches.

2013 Workout Results! (Discontinued, check the proper diet calculator to see what I do on a weekly basis.)

Dancing during the month of March:
                                      36 hours.
                                      Total: 127 hours.

Running during the month of March:
                                      2 hours.
                                      Total: 16 hours.

Crunches during the month of March:
                                      300 crunches.
                                      Total: 2200 crunches.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Fᴏᴏᴅ Tʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ!

September
                                      September 21st, 2012:
                                      Breakfast: Skipped. :'(
                                      Lunch: Chili Cheese Fries.
                                      Snack: Poptart
                                      Dinner: Two Eggs with Turkey, A bowl of left over Lasagna. (D: )
                                      Observation from eating habits today: I really do eat a lot of junk food. I need to learn to eat healthier!

September 22, 2012:
                                      Breakfast: Special K with Reduced Fat 2% Milk.
                                      Lunch: Omelette (2 eggs) mixed with a teaspoon of Bacon Bits. Insides consists of Smoked Turkey Breast and a very small picking of diced black olives.
                                      Snack: Grapes
                                      Dinner: BEER.
                                      Observation from eating habits today: I need to stop drinking alcohol so much.

September 23, 2012:
                                      Breakfast: Pita Chips
                                      Lunch: English Peas and Tuna
                                      Snack: Grapes
                                      Dinner: Special K with strawberries
                                      Observation from eating habits today: Stayed Full!

September 24, 2012:
                                      Breakfast: And Egg with a teaspoon of Bacon Bits
                                      Lunch: Healthy Tuna Fish Salad
                                      Snack: N/A
                                      Dinner: Special K
                                      Observation from eating habits today: Starting to get hungry again!

September 25, 2012:
                                      Breakfast: Special K
                                      Lunch: Ramen Noodles
                                      Snack: Cake emotion_awesome
                                      Dinner: N/A
                                      Observation from eating habits today: It was my baby brother's birthday! emotion_donotwant

September 26, 2012: ***
                                      Breakfast: N/A
                                      Lunch: Special K
                                      Dinner: Eggs
                                      Observation from eating habits today: The passing of someone dear to you will cause you to go into stress.

September 27, 2012:
                                      Lunch: Tunafish Salad
                                      Observation from eating habits today: N/A!

September 28, 2012:
                                      Lunch: N/A

September 29, 2012:

September 30, 2012:

OCTOBER

October 1, 2012:

October 2, 2012:

October 3, 2012:

This has been discontinued since I do not necessarily track my food anymore.

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Cᴏᴅᴇs!

A quick code to do all of the logging at in this thread!

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img228/5665/posting11.jpg[/img]
                                      [imgleft]http://imageshack.us/a/img706/3936/posting12.jpg[/imgleft]
                                      [align=center][color=#FF82AB][size=24][b]INSERT DATE HERE![/b][/size][/color][/align]
                                      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11][color=#75A1D0]
                                      [b]When did I wake up?:[/b]
                                      [b]What did I weigh when I woke up?:[/b]
                                      [b]What did I eat for Breakfast?:[/b]
                                      [b]What did I eat for Lunch?:[/b]
                                      [b]What did I eat for Supper?:[/b]
                                      [b]Did I dance today?:[/b]
                                      [b]If yes, then for how long?:[/b]
                                      [b]Did I do something productive outside today?[/b]
                                      [b]Did I run today?:[/b]
                                      [b]Also, if yes, how many miles?:[/b]
                                      [b]Did I do any crunches?:[/b]
                                      [b]If yes, how many?:[/b]
                                      [b]How much do I weight after all of this?:[/b]

[b]Observations:[/b]
                                      [/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

A Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Iɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Aʙᴏᴜᴛ Mʏsᴇʟғ!

So you want to know a little about me, eh? All right, I guess I can tell you!

First off, my real name is Brittany. I am a twenty-one year old southern gal (from the great state of Mississippi, baby!) and I am currently majoring in Secondary Education. My main focus is to become a Physics teacher at a high school as well as a cheerleading coach. As I get older and decide to settle down and have children, I plan on moving to the college level and teaching physics to older students. However, that is in a descent amount of time, and I'm absolutely in no rush to get my Doctorate in Education. xd

As a child, I grew up doing beauty pageants. Yes, the thing that you see on Toddlers and Tiaras, I did the same. exact. thing. No, seriously, by request I can show you some pictures if you're interested! But the reason why I'm telling you this is to let you know that I had an active life style growing up. After all, dancing all the time will keep your body in great shape! After I retired from my pageant career, I managed to become a cheerleader, and I stayed a cheerleader for six years straight. It was some of the beest times of my life. No, really, it was!

As I got older and entered college, I completely quit what I was doing. Activities, exercise, sweat, etc. I. Just. Stopped. I didn't have a passion for it like I used to. Perhaps it was the procrastination that got the better of me, I became extremely lazy in both keeping my body in shape and in school work. emotion_facepalm Let me tell you, that was the worst decision on my part ever. If you are reading this and you live in this active life style, hold on to it. Because if you don't you will ultimately regret it when you get older.

Anyway, I met my partner for life through the internet. (Broke up with him a while back, we aren't together anymore, but I'm leaving this up here because this is one of the motivations I had to lose weight.) I was actually quite shocked with myself because I had always told myself that I would never be committed to a long distance relationship. But, naturally, my opinion completely changed after I met Jon. Whenever I met him, he was the reason why I started to clean up myself. I wanted to have energy for him. I wanted to do good for him. I wanted to look good for him. I wanted him to be as proud of me as I am him! After all, my boyfriend does create music for a video game (Retrovirus) that is soon about to be released! I've got to at least TRY to one up him!

I decided that I would try to look good whenever we decided to travel Europe together. So, for three months I worked out on a regular basis, using my UFC Personal Trainer game to help me start off. Then I started running, etc etc. I felt great. However, whenever I made it to Europe, traveled those wonderful countries with him, I kind of fell out of my work out circle.

....And that was when I started to gain weight.
                                      I figured that just going from completely active to not doing anything was the reason why I started gaining weight. I understand completely why I did start to gain weight too, but I won't go into it because I'm too lazy to type out the whole reasoning.

So I did attempt to try. Now, I'm back in college, obviously, and I started taking Tap Dancing. After six weeks of being miserable due to lack of energy and exercise, I started to have a little realization: I'm actually acquiring much, much, more energy than what I did during my "hibernation" period. It was like the old me was finally starting to come back, and I was super excited! Since then, my dance teacher has taking a notice to my talents in dancing, and has asked me to be apart of the Montage group next year.

I was ecstatic, I couldn't believe I got offered such a position! Now I have three months to lose this weight, get back into shape, and be fit to try out next semester for the team!

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Montage Schedule for Spring of 2013!

Nov. 28 - Auditions
                                      Dec. 2 - Rehearsal, 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Dec. 5 - Rehearsal, 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Dec. 6 - Pointer Practice (Optional)
                                      Dec. 7 - AGT performance for Chris Jones - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Dec. 8 - Chris Jones workshop 10:00AM - 4:00PM, Fee: $25/Vanessa Bell Callaway performance
                                      Dec. 9 - Mrs. Bridget's church performance, 6:00PM rehearsal - Bee Hall
                                      Dec. 10 - America's Got Talent Auditions - Birmingham, AL.

Dec. 12 - Rehearsal, 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Dec. 16 - Rehearsal, 6:00PM Bee Hall

Jan. 9 - Rehearsal, 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 11 - BBoy Practice - 1:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 11 - Legends Performance - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 12 - MLK performance in Meridian
                                      Jan. 13 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 16 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 17 - Possible Auditions
                                      Jan. 19&20 - The Pulse Dance Convention
                                      Jan. 20 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 23 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Jan. 27 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall

Jan. 30 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb 3 - No Rehearsal - Superbowl Sunday
                                      Feb. 6 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 8 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 10 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 13 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 17 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 20 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall

Feb. 22 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 23 - Rehearsal TBA
                                      Feb. 24 - Rehearsal - 5:00PM Bee Hall
                                      Feb. 26&27 "The Dance of Egypt"
                                            *5:00PM Warm Up - Bee Hall
                                            *5:30PM Report to stage
                                            *6:45PM Preshow
                                            *7:00PM Showtime

March 3 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM
                                      March 11 - 15: Spring Break!!
                                      March 14 - 16: American College Dance Festival Conference @ Belhaven University
                                      March 20 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      March 24 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      March 25 - 29: Mississippi and the Arts Week "The Mississippi Dance Festival"
                                      March 27 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      March 31 - Rehearsal - 6:00PM Bee Hall
                                      April 3 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      April 7 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      April 10 - Rehearsal - 7:00PM Bee Hall
                                      April 7-12: Bridgewater College Dance exchange

Aprill 11 - Student Choreography Concert
                                      April 16 - Spring Dance COncert
                                      May ??? Ms. Bridget's "Shim Diggity"
                                      May 24&25 DWS Recital

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Pictures!

Uploaded: Jan. 29th, 2013:

Uploaded Feb 22 2013

Uploaded Feb 27th 2013

Uploaded April 9th 2013:

Uploaded April 9th 2013:

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

DETERMINING PROPER DIET!

MONDAYS
                                          arrow Tap Dancing
                                                Time: 60 min
                                                Style: High Impact
                                                Average HR: 159 beats
                                                Calories Burned: 542.64

arrow Ballet:
                                                Time - 80 min
                                                Style: Low/Medium Impact
                                                Average HR: 123 beats
                                                Calories Burned: 361.76

arrow Optional Non-scheduled Montage Practice:
                                                Time: Varies.
                                                Style: Medium/High Impact
                                                Average HR: 142 beats
                                                Calories Burned: 406.72*time= total calories burned

Tuesday:
                                          arrow Optional Non-scheduled Ballet Practice:
                                                Time - 135 min
                                                Calories Burned: 610.47

Wednesday
                                          arrow Tap Dancing

arrow Ballet:
                                                Time - 80 min
                                                Calories Burned: 361.76

arrow Montage Practice:
                                                Time: 4 hours
                                                Average HR: 152 beats
                                                Calories Burned: 1,627.98

Thursday
                                          arrow Optional Non-scheduled Ballet Practice:
                                                Time - 135 min
                                                Calories Burned: 610.47

Friday
                                          arrow Tap Dancing

Optional Non-scheduled Montage Practice:

Saturday
                                      arrow
                                          Optional Non-scheduled Montage Practice:

Sunday
                                          arrow Montage Practice:
                                                Time: 4 hours
                                                Average HR: 152 beats
                                                Calories Burned: 1,627.98

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ!

Reserved!

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ!

Reserved!

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ!

Reserved!

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ!

Reserved!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas